• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG Map - Idea of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have now, for a long time, had this idea for a Wc3 Map in my head.
This will be shown in "broken information" as this is what i can offer at this time being.

..::The Plot::..
Twelve chosen spirits has been ressurected/summoned to help a nearly extinct nation take back their land from the invaders that has taken over all of the land except for the viciouse beasts, neutral races or the insurgents (tahts us).
The spirits will be able to chose a class they will be while charging through the ranks of the invading enemy... who knows what will rice up from the mist?

..::The Classes::..
Each class will have 10 ranks, whitch contains 10 levels.
Each time you level, you'll get Points to use on your spell/skill of your choice, when you gain a new rank you will be able to upgrade you spell/skill to be more powerfull and do more for your benefit
Here's an example
The mage
Rank 1 -
Fireball does only damage to the target
Rank 2 -
Fireball now does small amount of AoE damage

The 1st rank will be a trainee rank, where ppl can test out four spells/skills, and when they hit Rank 2, they will get a choice of what they will go,
here's an example
The mage
Rank 1 -
Firebal, Frostbolt and Arcane Blast
Rank 2 -
Here they can chose to keep the Rank 1 spells, or go pure Fire, frost or Arcane.

..::Quests::..
I also want quests, this is for those wo wants to follow a "story line", like i do.
By doing quests you gain acces to uppgrade or buy new things

..::Arena::..
In a neutral city, where no war is aloved from any sides, there will be an arena where peoples and maybe the AI will compete to be the Stongest Gladiator of all lands.
By doing Arena battles you gain ranks, each rank unlocks new strong items... But those who falls will not leave it alive.

..::Reputation::..
By doing quests, delivering items and killing certain enemies you gain reputation with different factions.
This unlocks also unique items, and other events

..::Other::..
AI... there shall be an AI that makes ocasional(?) events like; a patrol on the road, a transport, raids on diff. outposts.

Now this is all that i can think of now... so, what you think?
I dont want this one to be a oRPG / RPG where you can just go an 1-hit everything @ your lvl.
i want it to be team-based. Each boss will have its own unique fightingstyle, and requiers diff. styles of tactics

Last edited:
Level 15
Sound Ok I guess. But what makes this Rpg any different from all the others ? It seem just like all the other Rpg's out there. I suggest you come up with something that haven't been done in a Rpg before.

~Operator

Level 9
The thing that caught my eye is the AI, i havnt seen an Rpg where everything acts on its own accord and AI teams send out creeping/raid parties. I think that if you can pull that off then the map is worth playing! The arena should also work without players.
The rest of the plan sounds ok, would be nice to hear more about the storyline and could you fix some of the spelling mistakes.
Good luck!

Level 4
RPG with a story line, huh?? This will seems like an Multiplayer Campaign in only 1 maps, I would help for heroes idea and skills if you need..

The Question is:
1. Looks like need a really big maps, epic?? Just don't let any lags bother
2. If you finish the quest from A-Z then what you do??

Level 16
Read the rules. Thread names such as "my map idea" etc. are not allowed. If your project hasnt got as far as getting it at minimum a temporary name, dont post about it. Get your map, and this thread a proper name asap.

Level 9
@ believer - no need to stop if you've got something interesting to say, and Mini-me would be the one to close the topic.
Id like to here more about the classes and ranks as well, i suggest you aim for unique classes and move away from Priests, hunters, paladins ect.

Level 9
[offtopic]

Mini-me just so you know, Lonely Wolf is the creator of this thread not L_believer.
*Waits for Lonely to post more information*

Level 4
Just me feel it or the thread creator has been run?? Because he write everything his idea but Mini-Me must post the map??

I think he only write idea here, even he don't know what the map must be called... Geez, Mini-Me you really rude

Level 9
Mini-me is allowed to be rude :smile: he runs this section so well he can do what ever he wants!
Still waiting for that update...

Level 6
sounds almost like the rpg im making myself. if you need ideas for stuff never implemented into an rpg let me know mines got dozens of new features.

Level 6
one cool thing to do is start as a little boy and say every 5 lvls your char "grows" taller untill lvl 15 when he becomes a teen. at lvl 20 he becomes a man. just an idea ive been playing with.

Level 7
one cool thing to do is start as a little boy and say every 5 lvls your char "grows" taller untill lvl 15 when he becomes a teen. at lvl 20 he becomes a man. just an idea ive been playing with.

Little like fable lol... its a good idea to cause fable did it in a way where it just didnt make it so you have to play 5 hours to get to a teen than play another 5 hours to get to male...Point im trying to make is if you do that...don't go overboard

Status
Not open for further replies.