• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dalanar RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
A little question, whats that buff for?
I will test w/o that buff 1st.

Finished testing, found some grave errors.
I DIDNT REGISTER THE TRIGGER LOLLLLLLLL

K edited and it worked when,
I disabled the buff checking,
player slot checking, (i am alone :/)
and player number checking (i edited for Player(0) to be Player(1) since i am forced to be player red when testing)

*Aesthetics, why must you make the life of the target to be less then 10% to even have a chance! (Added some cheats :)) *

I only have one reply.

Derrrrr my project leader told me to do eet. :cute:

Level 8
So sorry to everyone for making you wait...my friend is taking longer than he's supposed to. Bah can't really blame him, we both have had tests for the past week and it's been crazy. Let's just hope it comes soon. BTW I saw it without the coloring and it looks good, I'm sure you guys will like it :).

So sorry to everyone for making you wait...my friend is taking longer than he's supposed to. Bah can't really blame him, we both have had tests for the past week and it's been crazy. Let's just hope it comes soon. BTW I saw it without the coloring and it looks good, I'm sure you guys will like it :).

Okay good. Glad to hear from you :)

Level 12
@Aesthetics: Ohh did you do the coding? Seems fine, but havent tested.
Who else could it be? :gg:

{EDIT}
Can't I do something now? It's pretty boring to post without doing anything.

EDIT: This is a project recruitment thread. If you want to post a development thread here, then you should. Eventually a moderator is gonna move it or make a post about Project Recruitment threads being for the sole purpose of recruiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
We gt many triggerers if you want my opinion, perhaps items or something like that would help...(In a way it's also triggers if you make special items with special skills)

Yea you are right, we have many triggeres and spellcreators. But also, we really need them all. He will be the last one in the team. And about the items. Im going to work on them.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I have merged this thread with the one you had on the Map Development forum. The content of that post is soft-deleted, it has not been permanently erased. I can restore it for you if you wish (send me a private message if that is the case).

X-OMG-X (SOFT-DELETED) said:
Hi everybody on the hive!
This is the new project my team is working on
We still have alot of things to do so if you want (and know about map making) you can help us with the project. The project is very new so there isnt so much screenshots and information about the map but i'll add more information soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Current team:
x-omg-x (triggers, terraining, units, items, spells, development)
onisaiyan808 (spells)
---------------------------------------------------------------

About the map:
This rpg is a bit different than other rpg's.
You start in a town called Dalanar with houses, a hospital, a castle, guilds and many others.
When training, you have to enter one of the many portals to enter a stage. When gaining levels you will be able to enter harder stages and get better items. This portal/stage system is inspired of Robbepops Monster Master RPG!

Features:
+ Battle System (showing dmg dealt)
+ Equipment System
+ Some GUI spells
+ Low file size
+ 9 classes
+ Stages with req level
+ Auction House
and more features will be added soon

Classes:
+ Assasin (Damage dealer)
+ Paladin (Tank)
+ Warrior (Damage dealer)
+ Ranger (Pet charmer)
+ Hydromancer (Damage dealer)
+ Pyromancer (Damage dealer)
+ Druid (Damage dealer)
+ Cleric (Healer)
+ Warlock (Buffer)

This project started in July 2009 and made by me. If any of you on hive wanna help me with the project, private message me or post in this forum.

The team still needs:
someone to make icons
someone to terraining
someone to make models
someone to make images

You are free to comment my project and ill answer your questions as quick as possible

The project leader, HaZarDos

Remember that the screenshots isnt finished!
Dalanar%20%281%29.jpg
Dalanar%20%282%29.jpg
Dalanar%20%283%29.jpg
Dalanar%20%284%29.jpg
~Threads merged

EDIT: You seem to have a decent number of crew members. I have moved this thread to the Map Development forum.

Hey everyone!
I have some spell ideas for the ranger wich is a pet charmer.

----------------------------------------------------------------
icons_5605_btn.jpg

Arrow of Pain
The ranger fires a dangerous arrow of pain at a target enemy, and the unit will take damage over time. When the targeted unit dies, a random animal will spawn at the position of the dead unit.
icons_5588_atc.jpg

Naturistic Arrows
The ranger uses her powers to control the nature, and everytime the ranger attacks with this spell on, there will be a 25% chance to create a small spider wich will fight for its owner and will automatically die after 3 seconds.

This spell ideas is made by me and i havent stolen them from anywhere. If you have any suggestions about the spell ideas please post them. Thanks

Level 3
Natural Harmony
The ranger gains the ability to harness the very power of Mother Nature to aid his allies in battle.
For every tree in the area of 1000 radius, the ranger and his allies gain 2 damage.

The One Who Soars
The ranger calls upon the skies to bestow him an eagle.
The eagle will attack on its on accord.
The ranger will gain skills to "control" the eagle.
*For e.g.*
Wraith of the Sky
The eagle will attack the target ferociously multiple times

Level 8
Alright, I made a spell for the assassin. I think it was the one 270898 was supposed to make, a passive that sends out a fan of knives when he gets attacked. Today Im going to make Silent Murder. Silent murder will consist of the assassin turning invisible and doing 4x his agility the next time he attacks. I will send the map to OMG so he can integrate it into the map, and perhaps give us a new map version once he's done adding all the other things :D

Hey everybody
@Mjllonir: Good. Then i will use yours for the assasin and 270898's other version of the spell, the booomerang, for the guardian hero.
@Naitsirk: It isnt a competition about who have done the most spells ;)
@270898: Thanks for the spell ideas. I will not use the last spell idea, because we allready have a spell similar to that one. Buts the other spell idea sounds very cool, and unbalanced:grin:

@Krigekongen: Nice idea. Maybe a little hard to do, but still nice. Maybe it will be used:wink:

@All: Im glad to announce that, when we have done the spells for 6 heroes, there will be a betatest with most of the functions in the map. In the beta there will be 6 heroes with all the spells, but the last 6 heroes will still be chooseable. The map will also include all systems, except the saveload, its disabled. More than 50 items will also be avaible, and all the 25 stages + the world of dalanar. More of the including stuff in the beta test is written in the first post.

Level 9
I could do overall work on the map, if you need someone. Like units, hero ideas, event ideas, i can do some terrain, some triggering... If you want to see some of my work I can send you my latest Project RoD - Rise of Darkness (which is only in a very low state).

EDIT: For some unknown reasons I can't open the Hidden Tag for Map Preview, but the other things like systems look very good. I wish you good luck !

Level 10
I could do overall work on the map, if you need someone. Like units, hero ideas, event ideas, i can do some terrain, some triggering... If you want to see some of my work I can send you my latest Project RoD - Rise of Darkness (which is only in a very low state).

EDIT: For some unknown reasons I can't open the Hidden Tag for Map Preview, but the other things like systems look very good. I wish you good luck !

well we have allready all the Heroes made:) just not the spells but still. And the Units are done too Atleast almost done:) We have alot of guys "triggering/spelling(that means making spells)" and Well.... I can't say this But If OMG finds a Work for you, ur in it but It's not my Option...

@Mjllonir: Thanks alot dude. Credits is given, the quality of the loadscreen is increased and it is imported to the map. The loadscreen is epic! I have also added some highlights and shadows and messed with the contrast. I think it looks better now, with the settings i made. Please say to your friend, that he is just awesome!

@All: Hey everybody! I have added the assasin spells to the 'spells' section in the first post. Take a look on them and give us some feedback. More heroes will be added when their spells is done.

Last edited:
Level 8
Hey man when do you think a new mapversion will be available?

@OMG : I made two spells up to now for the Druid (wolf Form and Call of the pack)
Just so you know call of the pack is just a custom spell of feral wolves spell, but I got this awesome idea of GUIing it by adding a temporary buff that will enhance both the wolves and the Druid's resistance and speed :) Besides that the wolf form and Druid spell addition and retraction seem to work perfectly :)

On another note, getting a new map version will permit me to start working on the recipe system and change one or two things on my hero pick system and in my spells. It seems I made a mistake or two :p and I need to MUI my spells, which will take 2 seconds.

It seems you have made a mistake in the spell explanation, if he attacks, uses an item or casts a spell he turns VISIBLE. The passive skill for the fan of knives activates if the assassin is ATTACKED. And finally, did you change the damage system for Blink Strike?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.