• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dalanar RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two pages...? You wanted it to be long and you want two pages? Sure I can do that, obviously, but I'll tell you now it just won't be as long as you'd like. I'll take off the speechs. It'll go quicker that way, but it defenitely won't be as long as you would like.

If you want it long, I can make the whole thing in about 10 pages or so, with all the dungeons and a good storyline would come out of it.

Okay do what you can, make it 10 pages if you want, just make something nice :)

Level 4
This looks good! But the name is familiar... Dalanar - Dalaran, Dalaran - Dalanar. Hmm...

I found a bug, OMG. When you choose a hero, you spawn in the middle of the city right. If you walk into that little farm just up to the riht of where you appear, you enter the house, but you can't get out of the little square, I was the mage at the time.

Yea, i found the bug too and it is allready fixed, but thank you:)

@pangahas: Hey havent heard from you. Are you still interested in the project?

@cyper95: the terrain is 100% finished. you havent done much for us but ill credit you. thanks.

Last edited:
Level 8
I made a new version of the map, it's named Dalanar RPG 0.23b, because it's not a major change, I'll pastebin it for you OMG, and I hope you will like it :)

Changed : Hero Pick system

Oh and if you like what I did, I don't mind working as a triggerer in general either. Do not worry though, I will still make spells and the story :).

Last edited:
Glad you like it :D, are you going to have to import it or are you going to use the map itself and build on from there?

I imported it to the newest version of dalanar but i need you help:)

You need to make it pan the selected unit with an angle that makes you able to see the front of the unit.

And i would be glad if you could make it select the unit also, to see some important things such as hitpoints, mana, strength, agillity, intelligence, damage, armor etc.

But else, your hero system is very cool:thumbs_up:

Woud u send me that Hero System Map? i wanne Check ur skills:p
I can send the map to you on msn :) But do you want the version he made, or the newest version, where his system also is in?

Level 8
Hey guys! Alright so here's what I'm going to do for the next version. I'm probably going to name it Dalanar RPG v0.24, becausethe 0.23b was only a test to see if you guys liked it. Since it seems the case and that I will have made a pretty big change on the map, I'll just switch it to 0.24 :).

• Make it so that the player has to press the ESC button instead of DOWN. Maybe this way it'll prevent mistakes from players who want to choose another character but chose that one by mistake.
  • I will add some stats for the heroes, like health, mana and such. I'll try to make it nice and neat as well :).
  • I will try to change the camera angle when you choose a character. Notice though that right now we only have 8 heroes, and it seems we'll be adding 4. What I'm going to do once we have these 4 is that I will place the heroes in a circle, and change the camera angle to center the selected hero when you click on him. The reason why I'll change it is because it weems the area is not big enough, and you guys did such a great job making it that I don't want to have to make the spot bigger.
  • Lastly, my friend who's drawing the the loading screen for us told me today he'll be done friday-ish. So I'm going to wait before giving out the 0.24 until I have the loading screen done if you guys don't mind. Anyhow, it seems that I won't be done until then because I have to add these different requests :).

On another note, I have done two spells for the Assassin. I kind of need ideas, although I thought of another spell today (Smoke bomb). The spells I currently have are Blink Strike (Teleport to a unit and deal damage) and Poisoned Dagger (Get up and close, hit him and it deals damage over time, slows speed, attack rate). Once I'm done with the spells I'll give it to you guys, you'll just have to look in the Quest Log for all the details.

Story is slowly coming along. It's because I usually write the story down at school when I'm bored but I've been jam packed with different tests, quiz and summative work.

Mjllonir

Hey guys! Alright so here's what I'm going to do for the next version. I'm probably going to name it Dalanar RPG v0.24, becausethe 0.23b was only a test to see if you guys liked it. Since it seems the case and that I will have made a pretty big change on the map, I'll just switch it to 0.24 :).

• Make it so that the player has to press the ESC button instead of DOWN. Maybe this way it'll prevent mistakes from players who want to choose another character but chose that one by mistake.
  • I will add some stats for the heroes, like health, mana and such. I'll try to make it nice and neat as well :).
  • I will try to change the camera angle when you choose a character. Notice though that right now we only have 8 heroes, and it seems we'll be adding 4. What I'm going to do once we have these 4 is that I will place the heroes in a circle, and change the camera angle to center the selected hero when you click on him. The reason why I'll change it is because it weems the area is not big enough, and you guys did such a great job making it that I don't want to have to make the spot bigger.
  • Lastly, my friend who's drawing the the loading screen for us told me today he'll be done friday-ish. So I'm going to wait before giving out the 0.24 until I have the loading screen done if you guys don't mind. Anyhow, it seems that I won't be done until then because I have to add these different requests :).

On another note, I have done two spells for the Assassin. I kind of need ideas, although I thought of another spell today (Smoke bomb). The spells I currently have are Blink Strike (Teleport to a unit and deal damage) and Poisoned Dagger (Get up and close, hit him and it deals damage over time, slows speed, attack rate). Once I'm done with the spells I'll give it to you guys, you'll just have to look in the Quest Log for all the details.

Story is slowly coming along. It's because I usually write the story down at school when I'm bored but I've been jam packed with different tests, quiz and summative work.

Mjllonir

Omg you are a good teammate :D But i also have done some updates, so can u please do it on the version i send u with pm? Cuz i have done alot of big changes :) But thanks for your work and if you still need spell ideas just say me

{EDIT}
mjllonir (DELETED) said:
I do need new ideas XD. For two more spells :)

Ill give you some ideas:grin:

Blood Drops:
The assasin slices the target unit's flesh and makes it bleed and take damage over time. The assasin will have an increased attackspeed for the next 20 seconds.

No name:
The assasin fades into the background and becomes invisible for 10 seconds. If the assasin attacks a target, the invisibillity will break and the assasin will strike its target four times, dealing (X) x agillity each time. The target is stunned during the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
Ill give you some ideas:grin:

Blood Drops:
The assasin slices the target unit's flesh and makes it bleed and take damage over time. The assasin will have an increased attackspeed for the next 20 seconds.

No name:
The assasin fades into the background and becomes invisible for 10 seconds. If the assasin attacks a target, the invisibillity will break and the assasin will strike its target four times, dealing (X) x agillity each time. The target is stunned during the process.

meh since i didnt quite do that much with terrain i can help ya with spell ideas for the fade into background i suggest "Silent Murder" or the good old "Stealth"

Level 10
No name:
The assasin fades into the background and becomes invisible for 10 seconds. If the assasin attacks a target, the invisibillity will break and the assasin will strike its target four times, dealing (X) x agillity each time. The target is stunned during the process

The name coud be Stealth-walk or something like that:p

ok so whats so special with this? i mean the terrain isent the best but ok.

Yea i know that the screenshots isnt that good. But ingame its much better and ill try to take some new screenshots for you:)
And about whats special with the map is, that is it stage-based with 25 stages and a big island with the entrance to hell(enterable in max level).
Soon there will be a beta version, and you will se what i mean. But thanks for your comment.

Level 14
Hey, I have one question, this may have been asked before but I will do it anyway. Haven't you miss spelled the map name? Isn't it suppose to be Dalaran ?

Level 8
It was asked before, Edhel-dur :p
No, it´s not Dalaran, it´s Dalanar :D

(btw, Hi, Edhel-dur ^^)

Level 12
Unfortunately, I am not proficient enough at vJASS to make systems or spells. I'll be fine with systems and spells in GUI. My other project is Ships Ahoy RPG

Here's a sample spell; very simple but sexy.
  • Capture Ship
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Capture Ship (Dummy)
    • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Board Ship ) Equal to True
    • ((Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Not equal to Player 9 (Gray))
    • (((Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) controller) Not equal to User) and (((Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) slot status) Not equal to Is playing)
  • Actions
    • Set Capture_Ship_Chance = (Capture_Ship_Chance - ((Integer((Percentage life of (Target unit of ability being cast)))) + 10))
    • Set Capture_Ship = (Random integer number between 0 and 100)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Capture_Ship Less than or equal to Capture_Ship_Chance
      • Then - Actions
        • -------- Set the Item Variables --------
        • Set Player_Items[1] = (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 1)
        • Set Player_Items[2] = (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 2)
        • Set Player_Items[3] = (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 3)
        • Set Player_Items[4] = (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 4)
        • Set Player_Items[5] = (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 5)
        • Set Player_Items[6] = (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 6)
        • -------- - --------
        • Unit - Add Inventory (Hero) to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Player - Add Player_Ship_Worth[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] to (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold
        • Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Owner of (Casting unit)) and Change color
        • Unit - Remove (Casting unit) from the game
        • -------- Give the Items --------
        • Hero - Give Player_Items[1] to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Hero - Give Player_Items[2] to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Hero - Give Player_Items[3] to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Hero - Give Player_Items[4] to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Hero - Give Player_Items[5] to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Hero - Give Player_Items[6] to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • -------- Now for some Eyecandy... --------
        • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Casting unit))
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Temp_Point using UI\Feedback \GoldCredit\GoldCredit.mdl
        • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to 100.00%
        • Unit - Set mana of (Target unit of ability being cast) to 100.00%
        • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Ship boarding succe...
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
  • Else - Actions
    • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cFFFF0000Ship boar...
    • Unit - Kill (Casting unit)
Yes, it actually works, according to my project leader who has the actual map.

Unfortunately, I am not proficient enough at vJASS to make systems or spells. I'll be fine with systems and spells in GUI.

GUI is fine, the other triggeres do GUI too:grin:

edit: If you think you have time to do both projects and also want to join our team you are welcome. What do you say?
edit2: @270898, then you will have to show me what you can. @Mjllonir, how long will it take before the update is done?

Last edited:
Level 8
Hey man, I'm so sorry, my internet broke down last night. According to my internet service provider, he should be sending us a new modem within 2 days. I will surely give it to you then. And also, I'm still waiting for my friend to give me the picture. I'll try to push him around a bit :p. Besides that it's pretty much done :)

I'm curretnly at school, which is the only way I'm able to send you this message up to now :p.

Alright, let's have at it. Convert my spell to vJass! :grin:

I think GUI is best, because i doesnt know ANYTHING about how to use or import vJass :xxd:

{EDIT}
Sunlight:
The paladin starts praying, and shining flares of heaven light falls down and damages all nearby enemy units for ? x str. The units that is being damaged, will have a slightly slower movementspeed and attackspeed for an amount of time.

Holyness:
The paladin smashes the ground and stuns all nearby enemies, friendly and enemy units, giving the paladin the Holyness buff, wich heals himself for ? x int each second and when the buff disappears the stunned units will be able to move again.

Faith:
The paladin sacrifices ? percent of his current life and sends out waves of heaven, dealing ? x str to all enemy units wich is hit by the heavenlight.

This is just ideas, and if some of you guys on the hive, have some other ideas to make the spells better, found another icon, or if you have a better idea for a spellname. The ideas is made by me and i dont think anyone has done this spells before. If you see a spell similar to one of this, tell me.

Hmm, the sunlight spell is hard.. Try to use this as the falling flares. Its a starfall-like spell so it will need to be channeling.
About the Holyness spell you can use this and for the buff you can use the yellow mana flare buff.
And the faith spells, you can use this for the sacrifice(caster) and holy light for the waves. The waves is kinda similar to this spell.

Level 9
i haz some 1337 spells for assassin REALLY REALLY SERIOUS
1. 1337 haxx: does 1337 damage for 1337 seconds (1337 per second)
2. AMAGAWD IM INVISIBLE: permanent invisibility while attacking dealing 1337 extra damage per hit
3. ROFLMAO: does 1337 damage to 1337 targets while playing the song roflmao from oxhorn.
4. lolomgwtgdairyqueenlolomgbbq: this will do 1337*1337 damage to 1337*1337 targets and cause fatal error and ruin the gameplay

Level 3
Alright, let's have at it. Convert my spell to vJass! :grin:

This is gonna be tough!
Give me some time to decipher your GUI :xxd:

JASS:
scope CaptureShip initializer Init

globals
    private constant integer Abi='A000' //Your Capture Ship Abi ID
    //private constant integer Buff='B000' //Your Board Ship Buff
    private constant integer Inventory='A001' // The 'Add Inventory(Hero)'
    private constant string SFX = "UI\\Feedback\\GoldCredit\\GoldCredit.mdl"
    private constant string Message="Capture Ship Success!"
    private constant string Message2="Failed!"
endglobals

private function c takes nothing returns boolean
    local unit u=GetTriggerUnit()
    local unit tu=GetSpellTargetUnit()
    local integer Chance=0
    local integer ChanceInt=0
    local location loc=GetUnitLoc(tu)

if GetSpellAbilityId()==Abi then      //and GetUnitAbilityLevel(u,Buff)>0 then I DONT KNOW WhAT'S THAT BUFF >.<        
        if GetOwningPlayer(u)!= Player(0) and GetOwningPlayer(tu) != Player(8) then 
                if GetPlayerSlotState(GetOwningPlayer(tu)) != PLAYER_SLOT_STATE_PLAYING and GetOwningPlayer(tu) != GetOwningPlayer(u) then
                set Chance=Chance+10-R2I(GetUnitStatePercent(tu, UNIT_STATE_LIFE, UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE))          
                //set Chance=100
                set ChanceInt=GetRandomInt(0,100)
                if ChanceInt <= Chance then           
                    call SetUnitOwner(tu,GetOwningPlayer(u),true)
                    call UnitAddAbility(tu,Inventory)

set Chance=0
                    loop
                    exitwhen Chance>5

call UnitAddItem(tu,(UnitItemInSlot(u,Chance)))
                        set Chance=Chance+1
                    endloop
                    ////////////////////
                    // The Eye Candies//
                    ////////////////////
                    call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectLoc(SFX,loc))
                    call SetUnitState(tu,UNIT_STATE_LIFE,(GetUnitState(tu,UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE)))
                    call SetUnitState(tu,UNIT_STATE_MANA,(GetUnitState(tu,UNIT_STATE_MAX_MANA)))
                    call DisplayTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, Message)
                else
                    call DisplayTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, Message2)
                    call KillUnit(u)
                endif
            endif
        endif
    endif
    return false
endfunction

private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger t=CreateTrigger()
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(t,EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT)
    call TriggerAddCondition(t,Condition(function c))
endfunction
endscope

I never tested it :/
Hopefully I'm right

{EDIT}
naitsirk (DELETED) said:
hmm.... Ur a pritty Fair Jasser:p how long have u been Jassing?

Since... April this year? :)

Level 3
Lol i know the question is pretty newbie, but to import vJass? xD
And also, do you need any programs to open/save the map? (not to do vJass)

Unfortunately, Yes.
You will need NewGenWE to even save.
Open you dont have to use that.
Importing will be like normal jass?
Just copy the jass scripts into one empty trigger (Create New Trigger>Cover to custom text>Paste the jass scripts over (might have to change the data inside as well...)

Level 3
A little question, whats that buff for?
I will test w/o that buff 1st.

Finished testing, found some grave errors.
I DIDNT REGISTER THE TRIGGER LOLLLLLLLL

K edited and it worked when,
I disabled the buff checking,
player slot checking, (i am alone :/)
and player number checking (i edited for Player(0) to be Player(1) since i am forced to be player red when testing)

*Aesthetics, why must you make the life of the target to be less then 10% to even have a chance! (Added some cheats :)) *

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.