• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Create a system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm getting sick of going onto every single map, seeing people complain about "BB codes, description, etc..." All wanting their share of rep for something that SHOULD be optional.

I remember back in the day there was no need for descriptions, you looked at the map layout and you could just tell, if that wasn't enough you took 5 minutes to download, test, review. Based off of the other reviews you would know if it was a good game that YOU would personally like, or not, then according to so you would download, or not.

Since I'm completely sick of it, as I hope most are. I think we should create a system that once you're at the screen to upload a map, a Iframe or something to the likes pops up, saying the rules of posting a map. (Maybe the description part) throw a couple of flags on the X so when it is, you get 2-3 pop ups saying read the rules, infractions will be thrown if you don't abide, or not approved.

If possible, we could have a system that checks for codes and other map description needs (You require now for some reason), if there is no codes it sends it straight up to a mod to get to when he has time.

No. The real problem is to actually GET people to read the rules.

We should do something like: If user hasn't read direct him to the rules page. Then he has to read all of them and fill out a survey. If all answers are correct, allow him to do action on this site.

We don't need any more popups / checks on resource uploading, we need something that makes sure that people actually read the rules, not only agree to them.

Level 8
Well getting 98% of the internet population to read, use correct grammar/spelling, and to do things by the books is completely out of the question.

Getting people to take a test, they will just look up the answers, or do something to the sort of that. I think a map should go back to how it used to be in the old days.

If they DID do a description, you can guarantee that it was going to be a good map. If they didn't you checked the map to get the gist of what it is, then you look at the reviews.

Level 16
I'm getting sick of going onto every single map, seeing people complain about "BB codes, description, etc..." All wanting their share of rep for something that SHOULD be optional.

I remember back in the day there was no need for descriptions, you looked at the map layout and you could just tell, if that wasn't enough you took 5 minutes to download, test, review. Based off of the other reviews you would know if it was a good game that YOU would personally like, or not, then according to so you would download, or not.

Since I'm completely sick of it, as I hope most are. I think we should create a system that once you're at the screen to upload a map, a Iframe or something to the likes pops up, saying the rules of posting a map. (Maybe the description part) throw a couple of flags on the X so when it is, you get 2-3 pop ups saying read the rules, infractions will be thrown if you don't abide, or not approved.

If possible, we could have a system that checks for codes and other map description needs (You require now for some reason), if there is no codes it sends it straight up to a mod to get to when he has time.
I fully support this. I'm tired of posting the same bullshit to people who just don't bother to read the damn rules.

Level 19
Did anyone actually read my post?

I DID! I DID! :grin:

I agree with you
but maybe something like this would be enough:

Do your triggers leak?
yes [ ] no [ ]
Do your triggers not leak?
yes [ ] no [ ]
Do you have an ingame screenshot?
yes [ ] no [ ]
How often are your timers running per second?
[ ]
(supposed to be 0.03)

or something like that
or just some standard page which lists all possible erros by numbers and we just post the link and give the numbers
errors are the same all the time anyway

Level 19
I DID! I DID! :grin:

I agree with you
but maybe something like this would be enough:

Do your triggers leak?
yes [ ] no [ ]
Do your triggers not leak?
yes [ ] no [ ]
Do you have an ingame screenshot?
yes [ ] no [ ]
How often are your timers running per second?
[ ]
(supposed to be 0.03)

or something like that
or just some standard page which lists all possible erros by numbers and we just post the link and give the numbers
errors are the same all the time anyway

1. You can't be sure if they don't leak.
2. Same as 1
3. That's an easy one
4. Not all trigger's run with .03 period.

Reading first post... yes I'm pretty tired of all demanding idiots who want all the fancy and cool text into the damn description. As people used to say - You can't judge a book from it's cover. Yes I do understand that a map must have a good and well made description, but there's absolutely no need to make like 5 posts and just say "Hey dude, here's some fancy stuff for the text, add colors, etc.. etc..", and after all that, they don't even download the map to even test how it works or looks like.. They just whine about the stupid description.

I hope that the new rule where moderators can use a review from a normal user won't destroy the whole approving system.

EDIT: Just go an idea, for example, moderators should be given the ability to disable the users' upload right for a couple of hours/days/weeks/months if the specified user map is not following the rules. Then, every next disobeying of the rules will be given with more and more time of the disabled. After all, lets say 3 warnings the user don't do anything about it, follow it with a ban or an infraction. Also these maps that the user(s) got a disable should be permanently deleted.

D4RK_G4ND4LF nope, idea is somehow bad, why?
-Right answers will be shown as tutorials everywhere!
-People will pick only better answers!
-Some people even don't know what memory leaks or loop triggers are!
-and so on!

MortAr- first of all thanks for calling me idiot ^^'
Btw map moderators (ap0 and now Cweener) already do that, neg rep, warnings, infraction, ban!
*off topic
Btw can I ask, did you play awesome map about THW where are bad units mods, me and few other users that bother and will bother about description and RULES!
Damn I get abomination model for hero :cry:

Point is: There is no way to force people, users or whatever to read rules! They will ignore same even if you paste them on their monitor :sad:

Guys who act like professionals and want to become one will try harder, accept warning and work more on theirs skills!
There is a lot of guys who join just to upload map (they do same probably on 100 another wc3 sites as well) without leaving single comment about themselves, map or any other resource!

No Description

Damn, why not to reject that!
I want to see what users has to present to me before I decide download his map!

And for the end for (I hope for the last time) if users don't like my post or from any other dude here about description, gameplay etc etc, can report that to mod to simple delete them!

:razz:

Level 19
1. You can't be sure if they don't leak.
2. Same as 1
3. That's an easy one
4. Not all trigger's run with .03 period.

just examples
there sure are better questions

-Right answers will be shown as tutorials everywhere!

that's great! people will finally read tutorials BEFORe they upload something :thumbs_up:

Level 16
Reading first post... yes I'm pretty tired of all demanding idiots who want all the fancy and cool text into the damn description. As people used to say - You can't judge a book from it's cover. Yes I do understand that a map must have a good and well made description, but there's absolutely no need to make like 5 posts and just say "Hey dude, here's some fancy stuff for the text, add colors, etc.. etc..", and after all that, they don't even download the map to even test how it works or looks like.. They just whine about the stupid description.
Why thank you for your compliment.

Just go an idea, for example, moderators should be given the ability to disable the users' upload right for a couple of hours/days/weeks/months if the specified user map is not following the rules. Then, every next disobeying of the rules will be given with more and more time of the disabled. After all, lets say 3 warnings the user don't do anything about it, follow it with a ban or an infraction. Also these maps that the user(s) got a disable should be permanently deleted.
It would be awesome if it could be implemented.
that's great! people will finally read tutorials BEFORe they upload something :thumbs_up:
Before they UPLOAD. Not before they MAKE ONE.
After all, they will only look up those Tutorials for answers and nothing else.

Level 8
Fusing the two of Anachron's idea with my own idea, we could really get this maps section cleaned up, filtering out the junk. Getting this map even further away from sites like Epicwar.

With that being said I can safely assume that everyone is on board with that plan.

Level 14
I have an idea:
When a person uploads a map, but before they can do there stuff.
The Hive Workshop should check:
1. How long they have been registered.
2. How many maps have been uploaded by them
3. Check their reputation.

1. If they have only been registered for lets say 3 weeks to one month, they should be automaticly redirected to the rules page.
2. If they have uploaded any previous maps and checks status ( Rejected, Pending, or Accepted ).
3. If they have any infraction or neg rep they should be re-directed to the rules page.
:goblin_boom:

Level 8
Exactly why I think we should take some sort of action on this. It is something that is happening on almost ALL of the maps being uploaded.

I think a mix of the ideas would work, when uploading a map, you'll get thrown to the rules page for a map. After which when you click upload, it will verify if you had read the rules or not by simply asking. Clicking yes will upload, an of course clicking no will bring you back. Now if you break the rules and upload a map, you should be banned until you read the rules and now take a test about the map uploading rules.

Level 12
Anarchon, you're a genius dude.

Make the uploader fill out a test regarding the rules (obviously) BEFORE uploading anything. This test would probably be done once.

Level 8
The hive is pretty strict on selection for mods etc... (From what I've heard) either way, it still wouldn't fix the fact that there is a LOT of maps breaking the rules. It would just lessen the load on the map reviewers. We need a more sufficient way to make the rules more enforced, and used in everything that is going on in the forum.

Level 8
And that is how I came up with my idea, that integrated multiple ideas. One of which was your own idea.

I think a mix of the ideas would work, when uploading a map, you'll get thrown to the rules page for a map. After which when you click upload, it will verify if you had read the rules or not by simply asking. Clicking yes will upload, an of course clicking no will bring you back. Now if you break the rules and upload a map, you should be banned until you read the rules and now take a test about the map uploading rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.