• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concerning +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm Retera, and I joined this site a bunch of years ago.

I have never +rep'd someone, because I never bothered to learn how. There are a lot of very nice people on the hive, and I like them. They have reputation in my heart.

If you ever felt you should've been +rep'd here by Retera, suggest here in this thread what you feel are good times to +rep people, how to +rep people, or the like.

Hope you're having a good day!

I was going to ask how you +rep someone, but I saw there is a FAQ. I am going to go read it.

Edit: If I ever did +rep someone, I have since forgotten and it was not made into a healthy habit.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
aQpqXew_460sa_v1.gif

Free rep!

Level 14
ppl flooding the forum with bullshit posts just to increase their postcounters? yea i think thats a bad thing

Especially in WEHZ and Trigger/Scripts where things usually are not a matter of opinion you should only post if you can provide helpful information that wasnt mentioned before. Not just repeat other post or write wild theories about things you dont understand. The only reason why the moderators dont delete every second post there is (i guess) to not piss off users.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
ppl flooding the forum with bullshit posts just to increase their postcounters? yea i think thats a bad thing

The rep system sure got flaws, but I'd say that's one of the good sides of it. Even if I get a simple 'pointless' comment just saying "seems good", I am happy for that comment no matter the posters real intention.

I guess this is kinda off topic D:

edit:
provide helpful information that wasnt mentioned before.

Very true, though.

Level 15
come on... rep is cool. I love seeing those shining balls
Right now I have 40 rep, that doesnt matter. what I want is more shining balls
btw, when it will be become back to one ball?

Level 22
On T&S, tests should be made rather than speculating, so I disagree with the "majority wins" argument.

Level 22
I'm not saying you take away opinions, but on things like jass, opinions don't matter, actual performance does. Even if a hundred people say DoNothing() is good, it won't change the fact that it isn't.

Level 14
Even then its pointless to start a vote. Better make a clean list of pros and cons, explain them to the guy and let him decide.

Another problem with rep and posts. People often blindly believe in what people with lots of posts/rep say even its bullshit.

Level 16
No matter how valueless rep is, it is still a good part of why people stay active in this place. I mean, who didn't get excited when they got their first rep and started to be more active for it? I really believe that it should stay.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

^You got 1320 rep, you'd be at
10 + 10 * 25^1.5 = 1260
level 25.

I got 177, I'd be at level 6.

But cuz everyone uses rep why dont we just copy everything from others yea -,-

Status
Not open for further replies.