• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept-Art Contest #4 - EVOLUTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
oooo man I was so not even going for ninja turtle lol

just coz he's green and has a headband doesnt make him a ninja turtle -_-

when it was small I see what u mean but look -

evo1blu.png

- it's really not ninja turtle looking at all

He's some kinda alien not turtle lol, plus everyone knows ninja turtles only have 2 stages of evolution... they just don't cut it for the comp rules ;P

I'm gonna have to pic a diff theme for his character now, tho thx for the comments anyhow coz i didn't want it to look like I was copying something

Last edited:
Level 16
Mush mush! Just 3 days before deadline!

183523-albums2574-picture21609.jpg

183523-albums2574-picture21610.jpg

183523-albums2574-picture21611.jpg

183523-albums2574-picture21612.jpg

Oh yeah, this is my FINAL ENTRY, not a WIP anymore. Comments are really appreciated.

Last edited:
It can't be helped, anyway. The limit is 3 and i cannot ask for more... sighs....

My guess was to prevent people from plastering a whole page with every stage of the evolution of a creature, once every ten thousand years until you need a magnifying glass to see everything - in a contest that seemed pretty clearly aimed at a more "Pokemon" style evolution. Though having 4 evolutions would allow some more freedom I guess we have to hold everyone to the same standard.

Level 5
I dont know if i can finish it all within the deadline. =P

Edit* Off topic, oh my 666th post...

Last edited:
Off topic, your post was the 666th reply to this thread Dark Soul...........

Well, at first i want to suggest this contest to have a multi-limit. Since i'm fairly new and the contest is already halfway done, i just keep it in my memories....

Though only 3 evolutions are going to be judged, I don't think there's anything against drawing up some of the other evolutions you have in mind and posting um' up here to get some feedback if you really want to.

Level 25
Damn, I might have to withdraw. I could've been able to make a good entry too! Problem is, I've been busy as hell with school and a project I'm working with, plus I'm leaving for New York on Saturday for 11 days. Will try to get something up tomorrow or at the last minute on Saturday, but it's doubtful...

Sorry. And I wish the rest of the competitors the best of luck!

Level 3
Really late entree here. I was planning on having my stuff ready much earlier, but I procrastinated a lot. :sad:

It's not quite finished yet, as there are details missing on the last evolution. I also plan on adding color if I can, but I'm not too good at that...

Worst case scenario, consider this my final.

Attachments

• Water Alligator WIP.jpg
    Water Alligator WIP.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 133
Level 18
*cough* shameless advertisement *cough*

Since I can't even shade properly using PhotoShop I didn't get far with my concept.

I guess I rather keep this one on dA:
http://billy-the-cat.deviantart.com/art/Fluffy-147143684
(I posted a WIP earlier in this thread)

Didn't like my ideas for evolutions enough so I rather practice some more.
Anyway this contest was a nice way to practice to me and I don't need the rep (not that I was expecting to win anyway), so that's my prize. :D

Good luck to all the contestants! :]

time is of the essence
so here we go.
Final Evo.jpg

Final Submission.jpg

i'll explain some things.
Just_Spectating said:
A little Background information:
A.S.M. :Automated Scouting Machine

these little robots were sent by Astronomists as a more efficient and safe way of viewing celestial planets. However, most of these three feet machines broke down easily, leaving them obsolete and useless.

This one that i drew has been rusted over and busted, and some aliens are going to infest it.

.Green mouth because it's the hue of the mechanical motherboards from the robot
.The head is used as a capsule for the embryo of the next generation of species. it unravels like a banana, and releases the babies, the "peels" then use the metal from the head of the robot to transform into spikes.
.the metal from the robot acts as a skeletal system for the whole monster
.the monster actually develops the same way on the outside as on the inside, taking control of the movement and abilities of the robot, therefore having robot-like animations.

Last edited:
Level 35
Man I was so not even going for ninja turtle lol

late entry

Here is my idea of evolution, a quick drawing, I will get 2nd picture done by the end of the next week i hope.

Hurr durr
Still need to come up with the last one before some poor coloring :D

Ok 2 down, i still might do small changes to to 2nd picture but that pretty much it, so i would like some feedback, I still got no feedback I want to know if you like it and expect 3rd image at the end of first week of December.

Here's another drawing of my fire creatures, though they aren't that good

All those can still make a final entry (maybe some of them did and I just haven't noticed it)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the below ones have made a final entry (counting 15 + those other 5 = 20 (and possible with 7 more = 27 entries!));

How could you forget this? It still haunts my dreams.. when I am awake
Alright heres my of course final picture, please let me know how you guys like it.

This haunts me as my worst nightmare - The final evolution that is.
My final entry, the Chickubbs. :)

A spicy - wait - Spiky entry
Heres my Entry...
Entry Name:
-Spikamontronix
Contestant Name:
Crazed_seal2

Even good old Enjoy have joined in on the fun - and with something neat to boot.
Done :)

It's the Supercaurosinocerious! :D

And you can't forget the bugs - they tried to do so in Starship Troopers and look how that turned out
Yeah, I've finished it!

A robot - I give you a robot!
Yesh! I finally got a spark of inspiration during some doodling. I give you... Recyclops!

Scales! More scales!!
Oh yeah, this is my FINAL ENTRY, not a WIP anymore. Comments are really appreciated.

A simple - yet neat piece of almost earth history.
Worst case scenario, consider this my final.

Maybe he posted something newer, maybe he didn't; this does fulfill the criteria
newest WIP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We even have these entries:

Its strange, but its an entry
My entry. My organism is a sentient being on a quest to save the world.

What to say what to say - Its an entry and an idea..
Are we allowed to post more than one submission ?
Here is my magical point (he is a living being) :
point.png

A real in depth entry - Kinda creepy in fact
Attached is my creature, it has an anatomy aswell with 4 evolutions instead of 3 (if 4 is too much just count 2-4 please). Sorry it's not colored.

Yea - Its simple, but fulfills the criteria somewhat
4v2tyh.png

It took me about 5 min with paint, lol.

I dunno about this one really.. what is... well it appears to be an entry
Heh, i've used Paint to create those. I hope they are acceptable.

It kinda is an entry... kinda
agony.png
My draw

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For easier finding my entry, here it is all in one image.

Yea I know you have him already

originally was going to leave this to like last minute

Same for him - but he posted it long ago

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am counting a lot more then just 5... as I didn't even count those you already counted. so as said we should have plenty for a contest... And maybe there were even some more entries I missed...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wow, your draft cool then my completed draw...:cry:
Was it only me that missed the evolution picture in that post.

Last edited:
Level 9
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.