• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept-Art Contest #4 - EVOLUTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Yeah, I was thinking of making it more nerubian on next two stages (for now only the "wings shell" is sort of nerubian, and it's a spider)

Anyway how much time left? Because I have the feeling I won't make it in time, because the "original" idea was kind of to simple and now I need to think of new creatures (this one was the stage two in the original idea, but I've decide that it shall be the first)

dead-man-walking, are you planning to paint it up? :D

~Berz

If i have time, maybe :D

@WherewolfTherewolf
Thanks! BTW, do it really look like a Pit Lord? Because it's intended as a desert animal.

Well it doesn't look like a pit-lord, it looks like a pit-lord related thing - I was thinking some sort of pet or something (in the most evil manner possible considering the whole idea of a pit lord).

Really It's the coloring that'll show that. Color it with a lot of dark colors and colors like purple and it'll fit that, go with some Orange and perhapes Gold for the areas that look like armor and I'll fit a desert.

Level 11
SpEtNeZz said:
Alright heres my ofc final pic, please let me know how you guys like it.
Wow nice ~~

-------------------------
Here my W.I.P in another view~

Attachments

• DSC00794oe.JPG
    DSC00794oe.JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 118
Level 11
dead-man-walking said:
That's awesome jareph! The hands seems to be a little short, though
thx dead-man-walking

attachment.php

because the hand is bend (shown in pic), so in front view will look more shorter...
my drawing skill not enough good to express my imagination... >.<

Attachments

• bee-sideview.jpg
    bee-sideview.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 309
Level 16
Seems that i will change mah entry:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Actually, it's just a rework

Attachments

• DSC00781.JPG
    DSC00781.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC00782.JPG
    DSC00782.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC00783.JPG
    DSC00783.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC00779.JPG
    DSC00779.JPG
    262.8 KB · Views: 66
Level 16
@ communist orc: I like your concept. The shell-to-diver's helmet evolution made me wanna laugh

@ WherewolfTherewolf: My drawings was a lot better on a lined paper. I can scale it better on a lined paper.

Started colouring Stage 1...

EDIT: Merged posts^^

finished colouring Stage 1...

@ communist orc: I like your concept. The shell-to-diver's helmet evolution made me wanna laugh

yup, Thought about making a 'short story' out of it;
Stage 1: the diver has the crab on his hand
Stage 2: the crab has eated teh diver (made the helmet his new home)
Stage 3: the crab has grpwn bigger and the divers boat/ship is the new 'shell'

... might do it if i have extra time^^

Attachments

• Stage 1 c.jpg
    Stage 1 c.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Stage 1 d.jpg
    Stage 1 d.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
My final entry, the Chickubbs. :)
Chickubbs.png

Looks cool... but is it evolution? it just got older... Now that my chest hair is coming and my testies have droped have I evolved?

Alright heres my ofc final pic, please let me know how you guys like it.
attachment.php

Looks gr8! A bit sad, but other than that super!

For easier finding my entry, here it is all in one image.

luvs it... and tha fact that its gonna make u wins the contest makes me sad like SpEtNeZz´s evolutionary goo...
And there were also a few others with potential. (<- means they were good)
so yay, letz make it fun for the judges.

Chickubbs
Looks cool... but is it evolution? it just got older... Now that my chest hair is coming and my testies have droped have I evolved?

Well we're limited to 1 innitial and 2 evolutions, and evolutions is open for interpretation here - some people have taken a species evolving, some people have taken age, some people have taken corruption - pretty much just make the thing change some how (basically more on the literally meaning of evolution then the scientific implied meaning)

luvs it... and tha fact that its gonna make u wins the contest makes me sad like SpEtNeZz´s evolutionary goo...
And there were also a few others with potential. (<- means they were good)
so yay, letz make it fun for the judges.

Well it is a concept contest, but.... yeah he'll probably win though a couple people are gonna give him a run for it - Communist Orc, Just Spectating, ikeike (if ikeike's still participating), Nightwish.ger (hasn't said anything since beginning, idk), Dentothor (hasnt said anything in a while), me (wishful thinking.............), etc.

Icoria

I

Icoria

eh i give up ima vote for the worm thing that evolves into the dragon thing :p

Level 3
A new challenger approaches!

I may be the Dan of this contest... but watch... Me and my super mutated muffinoc overlords of the tristar nebula chain X345 of the Blacksun galaxy will win this!

Dio, UR SHOOPER EPIC DRAGON WHALE CORRUPTED LEVIATHAN DOESN'T STAND A CHANNCEEEEEEE.

===================

Besides the sarcasm, I'm not really an active user but I think I'll give this contest a go :p.

Everyone's got great art and I think I'm gonna go with some spider thing or some spirit related thing that goes from a little ghost to a colossal possessed chunk of earth and walks around.

...Or go with some demonically depressed demon that.. uh.. yah.

A new challenger approaches!

I may be the Dan of this contest... but watch... Me and my super mutated muffinoc overlords of the tristar nebula chain X345 of the Blacksun galaxy will win this!

Dio, UR SHOOPER EPIC DRAGON WHALE CORRUPTED LEVIATHAN DOESN'T STAND A CHANNCEEEEEEE.
Why? WHY WOULD YOU LAUGH!? /cry

Off topic:

So loud...... if THW turned everything you type into sound you would be screaming through my speakers - like death-metal hhhWAAAAHHHH type screaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.