• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept-Art Contest #4 - EVOLUTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
First WiP
meh, clearly not the best i can do
i dun have any idea of what to draw =/

Attachments

• 11-25-2009 04;10;59PM.jpg
    11-25-2009 04;10;59PM.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 214
is that a strange shaped lava rock or a creature? I can't tell..

No you can kinda tell its a creature - it has a head sort of like Alien (unless thats its arm, cant exactly tell since If thats its head it kinda looks like its got a nipple ring unless that area is the head and what looks like an alien head is just a longer arm thing)

Level 35
No you can kinda tell its a creature - it has a head sort of like Alien (unless thats its arm, cant exactly tell since If thats its head it kinda looks like its got a nipple ring unless that area is the head and what looks like an alien head is just a longer arm thing)

I can see some of it - Not the nibble ring though. I like it, if what my imagination tells me it could be comes true :wink:

Level 35
okay that big thing on the left is a shield/arm that round thing in the middle is the head
and it don't have a nibble ring xD

Ah - thats slightly different of what I thought. Good thing it missed the nibble ring although WhereWolfThereWolf could have a point.

aw man, now we all lose :/ i was hoping you wouldn't find the thread

Thats not certain, I've seen some good WIP's for now.

Level 5
I have just created my creature, it was done after I finished my exam and waited for half an hour...

I'm also going to create a thread showing the last evolutions adaptations... (like why one hand has four and one has three fingers...

I shall post it as soon as I scan it... (1 -6 hours max)
hope that is not too long...

Level 11
ok 2 down, i still might do small changes to to 2nd pic but that prety much it, so i would like some feedback, I still got no feedback I want to know if you like it and expect 3rd image at the end of first week of december. And if you're wondering first image is watter creature and it evolves so it can move on the ground but slowly I have the whole story, and will write it down when im done with final picture.

Attachments

• Lvl 2 and 1.png
    Lvl 2 and 1.png
    544.4 KB · Views: 225
Level 17
I am not in but just wana show what I made at school. meaby it will give idea to someone.
It is not finished.

Damn that looks nice, I like your shading style to give shapes. I quite suck at that.

ok 2 down, i still might do small changes to to 2nd pic but that prety much it, so i would like some feedback, I still got no feedback I want to know if you like it and expect 3rd image at the end of first week of december. And if you're wondering first image is watter creature and it evolves so it can move on the ground but slowly I have the whole story, and will write it down when im done with final picture.

I don't like the rough small lines (the upper hair?), they don't blend in that much (they don't add texture really.) If it were me I would apply some blending of sorts and then add minor details.
But that's me.

Level 18
told you i was going to colour it >:)
View attachment 70349
was considering watercolour but this old man is way too tired for that kinda hassle

that completes my entry
good luck for the duration of the contest and good work guys

wow this is just awesome! I like your style to draw things..
very cool! I'm just missing some tongue :p

(but on question, should we draw all 3 evolutions including colors? or just coloring the last one?)

Icoria

I

Icoria

Can we only do one? if so I will post 2 and people can help me to decide wich one to enter. I might enter the same thing i entered for the spore evolution contest :p

Status
Not open for further replies.