• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #10 - Poll

Who should win this contest according to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
user160036_pic59500_1342547064-png.241100

concept%20art.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
0.png
poll.png

rudy-siswanto-bounty-hunter-gang.jpg

Image is courtesy of Rudy Swisswanto

Bounty Hunter
Contestants are to create a Bounty Hunter. A Cunning dangerous and prowling killer that is only in the game of killing for the huge bounty involved. Can be anything!: an alien chasing massive beast, an elf ranger hunting down gnolls, to a sci-fi jetpack flying clone! Just make sure we can perfectly understand they are in for the gold and the trill of the hunt.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.

prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon. Also the chance of getting a unique thematic rank icon done specifically regarding preference.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

ContestantEntry
stein123Click
HayateClick
HappyCockroachClick
FlyphorClick
SanClick
morbentClick
GyrosphinxClick
MurlocologistClick
ExarchClick
NightStalkerClick
Edge Click
TraggeyClick
PeekayClick

judges.png

• Mr.Goblin
  • will be edited once found.
  • Each judge will receive 5 reputation points.
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Theme
Does the artist take advantage of the theme, or is the vision unfitting?/10%

Execution
Does the artist display the design in an effective manner, or is it hard to tell what is what? Are artistic techniques used effectively to make the character interesting, or does the style deteriorate the concept? Is the appearance of the design objectively pleasing, or is it of low quality?/25%

Concept
Does the design offer a new creative approach, or is it generic and cliché? Does it have character, or is it just another boring design? Does the design make sense and fit the description, or is it necessary to read the title to understand?/40%

Realism
Does the design balance, or are the proportions impractical? Is the anatomy or construction correct, does it allow the character to move as it should, or is functionality disregarded entirely?/25%

• 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Roland

R

Roland

I voted myself cause my entry isn't finish, I'd like to have my entry removed on that list... It's quite an humiliating concept I made >^>

No Idea why but somehow my link doesnt bring me to my entry (It bring me to traggery's instead)

here's you a few days ago when I asked if everything was alright.

Just to make sure no mistake is being made, can you lot CLICK HERE and confirm it's your submission? :D

also, don't worry Nightstalker, there will be more contest in the future! This one got many many participant, so we now know people enjoy these very much :)

Okie mines correct

Send me the link and I'll update it, sorry for the mistake

Level 42
here's you a few days ago when I asked if everything was alright.

Send me the link and I'll update it, sorry for the mistake

sorry bout the inconvenient (Tho I am pretty sure last time i check the link work, maybe some sort of hive's bug? Mine is at bottom of page 6 while the link sent to page 7 top)

here's the correct link, thank you for changing it
Concept Art Contest #10 - Bounty Hunter

Level 19
I shouldnt be on this list since i dont have an entry and its actually the wrong one too :D

I didnt correct it when you asked back then because i dont have a finished entry anyways.

-----------

Good job everyone for coming up with awesome entries. And good luck everyone ^^

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Beh. While I loved PeeKay's & Traggey's & Exarch's full-color wonders, I'm going to continue being unnecessarily pedantic & put my vote towards the best black-and-white drawing, which I believe to be Stein123's. Gotta say, special mention to Gyrosphinx & San, though. You guys both did better than Stein in incorporating a background/other characters, using that to tell a story... But Stein's linework & "story-in-a-moment" really caught my eye.

Who am I kidding, I'm a simple man. I see Trolls, I (up)Vote. xD

Sorry for the issues with the polls, I even asked everyone before hosting the poll if they were alright with their entry etc.... but I guess I've managed to fix the present mistakes. The poll will be going on an extra 2 weeks due to the issues, my apologies.

Level 9
@Exarch I helped Mr Goblin with the calculations for the contest not so long ago, so all that is needed is for him to post the results. He's an extremely busy person IRL, so please have some empathy.
I am seriously messing around when i got time to check with Hive, i don't have that much time either so i completely understand, thanks for the input tho. I appreciate the effort.

Hello ladies and gents, my apologies.... story time.

Long story short: shit hit the fan in my personnal life (don't you worry, I'm back on my feet :D) but anyway.... in the mean time I did the judging... and I lost the document.... and since it's a job that requires something like a solide 5 hours of focuss, the procrastination side of me won... the fight was quite uneven I felt like a naked goblin lost in northrend facing Arthas in his prime. As bad as it is for a reason, it's the truth... and hopefully you'll understand that doing a tedious job outside of work/family/friends and just overall sanity and happyness check, can feel like quite the drag when the rest is sucking all your energy out. The new results will be posted soon.

thanks for your patience and understanding. I'll be hosting the new competition as soon as the results are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.