• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Complete and Utter Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
jesus bro how about u open up and book jesus lol this is 2 funny your just commenting what everyone else noes but u just found out lol GET A BOOK!

Level 9
its hanging upsidown and crying?

and no it not offensive...
i just dont read much about energy and stuff... im only in grade 9...
my teachers are teaching about erosion and other crap like that... and i really dont care...
Do you do science? I already have learned about nuclear energy (some of it) and energy. I'm in year 9 here and it seems fine here, using the Science Dimension books.

Level 12
my school is gey...
and the work isnt challenging...
in english, for the last 2 terms i used one page in my book... and that was cause i got bored and started to draw... most of my teachers are useless so i dont bother to learn...

but i think that is because australia has a bad teaching scheme... and this is true as after my holidays finish the teachers are going on strike so i get more holidays :)

Level 9
my school is gey...
and the work isnt challenging...
in english, for the last 2 terms i used one page in my book... and that was cause i got bored and started to draw... most of my teachers are useless so i dont bother to learn...

but i think that is because australia has a bad teaching scheme... and this is true as after my holidays finish the teachers are going on strike so i get more holidays :)
My is fine here in Victoria at Melbourne, the school called "Lalor Secondary College". For one semester I had to use the start of my third book on my Maths, and fill up my first book for English. Great holiday, I only have it two days, I think I wasted 5 days out of 14.

Australia doesn't supply as much budget on education than the rest of the countries, but at least its decent here.

Level 27
well, ITER is planning its "first plasma" 2018, hopefully its energy-giving enough to ease this risk of world energy resourcelessness(couldnt come up with something better xD)
I'd rather not wager my life on blind hope.
we could get lots of baked beans and make alot of people fart... then use that gas for energy... or burn poo and use the fire to heat boilers... and use the smoke from the poo in some form of energy...
Okay, but how fast can you develop and mass produce this?
Nuclear energy.
Time and money are factors here.

Time is a factor here. There really is no immensely feasible way to convert our energy source off of oil in the time we have left. This is why, in order to survive, I recommend forming a community garden so that you don't die of starvation when civilization runs low on fuel.

Level 11
when u disagree with Deathcom3s...
and think that being off topic is cool

I think what you said is vey byast and offensive, im a pot head and im not a hippy. So idk what your trying to say. You should get a better view of the world before you go ahead an insult potheads cause we will hunt you down.

Level 11
no, solar enegery is more effective because it does not create wastes per unit, unless you mean per unit of enegery attained

Level 24
lolwut? Solar energy only accumulates when it's sunny. That's 50% of the time, assuming you live where it's never EVER overcast. How is THAT efficive?

Also, effective != efficient.

Level 19
Alright, I didn't went to read through those eightteen pages so I don't know if this is discussed already.

What about the Earth itself? We have like, our own small sun in the middle of the Earth. I think, with the right stuff and the right scienists it should be able to draw energy from that.

Level 24
Geothermal energy requires geothermal vents. Also, what you just said is completely false, the inside of the earth is molten, but it's not a naturally-occurring nuclear reactor.

Level 15
Actually, Earth's core does heat itself through nuclear decay

Most of the Uranium is concentrated there due to it sinking while the entire Earth was liquid.

It has kept it from getting colder.

And for the previous comment about solar only being half the time, if you position a satellite right, almost %100 of the time it's in sunlight.

And to get that power back to Earth, go look at Nikola Tesla's experiments in wireless power, it should work better in a vacume.

Status
Not open for further replies.