• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

42 Years of Oil? Don't Think So...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I noticed that there were 40 or so comments on the Oil thread. Browsing through some of the replies, it appears nobody really has any idea!

We have longer than 42 years of oil. The thread is wrong, the source is wrong.

"42 years of oil remaining if consumed at current rates".

Source: http://www.eia.gov/cfapps/ipdbproject/IEDIndex3.cfm?tid=5&pid=57&aid=6

What the source fails to state is that NEW SOURCES OF OIL ARISE! Can I prove this? Sure I can. Apparently Australia just hit a fucking buttload of oil. They're estimating 20 trillion dollars worth or something?

There has been talk the media is ignoring this discovery, or at least stopping it from hitting headlines. Is this true? I don't know. Why? Because they don't want to stall a renewable energy movement perhaps. Pure speculation.

Last edited:
Level 16
What are you guys talking about.

@Radicool
well, actually you should post this at Jondrean's thread
because posting a thread with same topic is probihited

Because the foundation of his thread was built on false information. A new thread is needed to properly address the issue. A comment on his thread would simply get lost.

Not this Thread again, Jondrean already posted this.

No he didn't.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I'm glad we won't run out of oil that soon :)

Edit:
Because the foundation of his thread was built on false information. A new thread is needed to properly address the issue. A comment on his thread would simply get lost.

It wouldn't get lost :) Also if you want more attention to your posts, make them long. At least they get my attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
It seems highly likely that we can not run out of oil in the remaining centuries. However, it is also highly likely that as it gets mined from deeper and deeper deposits, the price will rise until some other fuel eventually comes out cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.