1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Complete and Utter Failure

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hakeem, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Alright alright, I forgot about those. :p
    Although you could always use biofuels for the delivery, if we get there...

This is true, but I don't think the public would see it that way, unfortunately. Then again, they baww at anything big that happens so fuck them.

Peh.

2. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have strong reason to believe that production of biofuel is not oil independent.
    Then they could easily starve to death. It's not a matter of whether oil will start depleting soon or not. It might. That is enough reason to act.

3. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    meh 6 billion people are too much anyways

I say we take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem deal with itself.

4. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Letting the problem deal with itself means you end up one of the people dead.

5. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, I only act stupid in order to make others feel better.

6. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That only makes you look stupid, i'm not sure how acting stupid makes others feel better.

You raise quite a few valid points Hakeem, and, coincidentally, the community i live in has also begun to raise awareness on similar issues. We live in what could be considered a "rural" environment, we're surrounded by farmland (my family actually produces all of our own Corn, Peas, Potatoes, Carrots, Apples, Pears, Cherries and all kinds of things), and we've begun to push for keeping that farmland from being developed, so that we'll be able to support the community.

7. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    With current biofuel technology gasoline is greener than E85.

8. Bobo_The_Kodo

Bobo_The_Kodo

Resources:
    Resources:
    You are all being sarcastic/joking, right?

9. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's good to hear. But you gotta account for a fuel shortage. Do you use a tractor for the crops that need tending? Is your fertilizer oil based? Where's your power coming from? Around here we get a lot of it from hydroelectric, so we should be able to find a way to keep at least electricity running without oil for a bit.
    To an extent, but I am being completely honest when I say that I might not have food in one year's time. My food comes from a store, who gets it from so many places I wouldn't know where to move to. I wont be able to drive to the store to get it, and they wont even have food because nobody can drive there to give it to them. A shortage doesn't mean we all have to be sparing with our oil, a shortage means we don't have oil to use sparingly. The time to use it sparingly is now. Or, more accurately, the time to use it sparingly was years ago.

I could be wrong -- and I really hope I am -- but if I'm right, the implications are dire.

10. Bobo_The_Kodo

Bobo_The_Kodo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well then you'll be glad to know that we haven't even used half of our oil yet, after like 90 years...

With the current usage now -- we have like 40 or 50 more years of it

11. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is that out of your head or did you look it up?

Usage will only increase with population. 9 billion by 2050 >.<

WE NEED TO KILL PEOPLE!

Stop giving AID to Africa, let them deal with their own problems. We need more wars. Genocide all people with severe mental defects, physical doesn't matter=Stephan Hawking. Legalize all drugs, drug use will soar and kill many people, but as the years go by, people will stop using them excessively and will moderate.

Probably will cut the population down, while getting rid of alot of idiots.

I have a condition in which I can barely use my right side brain. As a result when my right side brain kicks in, I act like an idiot due to it not being developed, this tends to happen more when talking to people. The rest of the time I am completely thinking logically.

Right now this is the only logical thing we can do with our current level of technology.

Put aside your morel's and compassion for life, you know I am correct.

12. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Alright, the post above was possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read in my entire life. BlargHonk you should be ashamed of yourself for being so goddamned idiotic, even if you say you're doing it to make "others feel better". Genocide is disgusting, and so is your theory. Your debate-style is better suited for a thread like this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f478/llamas-hats-123217/

13. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    I Was Being Seirous, we do need to reduce the population, This planet cannot support 6 billion people for much longer

14. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Mother Nature will take care of it. Can someone say...overcrowding, plagues, famine, etc?

15. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah that will take too long.

16. Masiah

Masiah

Resources:
    Resources:
    Zombie apocalypse? And yeah, I support the theory. Actually, I think it's happening already.

17. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a type of jungle parasite that makes ants zombies

18. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  19. reza sword2

reza sword2

Resources:
    Resources:
    What about biomass and biogas?

20. cool_is_i

cool_is_i

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    cant we 'make' oil?
    make a giant super compactor,
    and toss a sorry animal in there [fine a plant :p]

then compact it,
    its gota be very strong and very hot,
    we make diamonds in sort of the same way i think....

[im probably just rambling, if this is the case you can ignore me]

btw they got some progress done in nuclear fusion
    [fission is what is being done now, fusion is what happens in the sun]
    so that 'might' be a solution to our energy problem, but it will most likely take more itme than we have.

also with that much power, we will all be dead if it gets into the wrong hands, which it most likely will.