• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Complete and Utter Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Uhm Hakeem, oil really isn't important.
There are so many alternative energy sources, once they realized oil will run out soon they will be mass produced.
They are already being mass produced in my country: windmills.

There also is nuclear power which we get from France atm, we barely use oil as a energy source except for cars. And we have electric cars. They just expensive.

Let's not forget all those other alternative energy sources like mixing salt water with sweet water (creates energy somehow). Using the waves of the sea as energy.

Honestly, this whole thing about oil is pathetic, people think it's everything because the big oil company makes you think that. There is no real need for concern.
If oil runs out and all countries run out of gas my country that relies purely one alternative energies will rebuild the world lol.
I'm not sure but I think most western European countries are trying to go to clean never ending energy.

Level 17
There are so many alternative energy sources, once they realized oil will run out soon they will be mass produced.

There also is nuclear power which we get from France atm, we barely use oil as a energy source except for cars. And we have electric cars. They just expensive.

Let's not forget all those other alternative energy sources like mixing salt water with sweet water (creates energy somehow). Using the waves of the sea as energy.

Honestly, this whole thing about oil is pathetic, people think it's everything because the big oil company makes you think that. There is no real need for concern.
If oil runs out and all countries run out of gas my country that relies purely one alternative energies will rebuild the world lol.
I'm not sure but I think most western European countries are trying to go to clean never ending energy.

You lost me right there. Oil is going to run out soon...? What? Where are you getting your facts? Its not going to end for another lifetime or two at least. Oil is very important, right now it is important enough to go war for (Which has been done)

Level 21
yes, it should "work", not "fail". I'm "sure" it will "never" happen though.

I'm not "sure" of that. What does mean "work"? Do you mean, economically positive? Providing sane social relationships? That would be a pretty laughable "anarchy".

Oh and Airandius, you're half correct about utopia, yet I think I can remember "good place" is written "eutopia" and not "utopia", if we refer to Thomas More. He used both, to explain his book, saying basicly that the island was both an "eutopia", a good place, and an "utopia" (from outopia), a place nowhere to be found, but language only kept Utopia :) .

Level 11
Whether or not utopia can be achieved is irrelevant. You would give up before trying, and thus never be able to reach it even if it is possible. Because you believe that it cannot be achieved, you can never be a functioning member of a utopia, should one ever exist.

You're never going to do anything by not trying at all.

No I will try to make the world a better place, so one day everyone can live in a peacefully society, although I have a good amount of doubt that it will us humans can ever achieve it.

There is a difference between killing someone and being better than them. Neanderthals died off. We didn't kill them. As an evolutionist you ought to know how this type of thing works.

Well technically we encountered them several times, because archeologist have found bone remains of humans and them together from a battle. They would have actually survived if we did not kill them off, but I guess were not brute apes anymore. Although some of us are still uncivilized, even though we may not be monkeys. :)

Nevermind.
I was just trying to point out anarchy is probably not supposed to "work" as you say, and that a "system that works" is something that makes no sense for me, since I still don't know what "working" means for a system.

Anarchy is a step towards utopia. It means the removal of all governments so that our consciousness will govern ourselves.

Level 11
Utopia = my bedroom at night.

ANYWAY, as it looks now it run out for at least 20 years idk. But we still have plenty.
So let's worry about things that are actually closer to home.

- Economic Crisis
- Global Warming
- Mayan Calendar
- People believing in the above problems.

Lol people have predicted that the world will end millions of times already.

1. Were slowly getting out of the depression so now all people have to worry is not be stupid with credit cards in the future.

2. Eh, we will be teraforming Mars in 50 years so why should we be going crazy over this? lmao

3. Um not so sure, cause I herd that the water tides will be pulled because of the alignment idk. Some one needs to check into this lmao. But i doubt world will end on 2012.

Level 15

:O, you can't go on your computer now because it uses plastics derived from OIL

And also, we won't terraform Mars in 50, your talking about the Moon

Level 11
:O, you can't go on your computer now because it uses plastics derived from OIL

And also, we won't terraform Mars in 50, your talking about the Moon

Nope, Mars. They already have people who are going through tests and stuff on how there life will be on Mars. It takes about 6 months to get to mars with the equipment they need to start to produce oxygen and shit. We wont completly teraform in it 50 years, but we will start. And i dont think you want to teraform the moon, problems might occur. Idk its just my opinion in that the Moon is so close to the earth, controls our oceans tides.... id leave that soab alone.

Level 17
Anarchy is a step towards even more chaos. It means the removal of all governments so that our consciousness will govern ourselves.

Fixed.

You honestly believe that putting all governing upon ourselves will bring peace and order? We will never live in a perfect community, that concept is impossible. But until we figure out a few things, living in a stable one is fine for the moment.

You cannot have equality of power distributed among the people, because everyone will want more than the other.

Level 17
excuse me? teraform myanus?

But yes, when all planets are in one line we'll get some flooding here and there due to the gravity of all the planets pulling together, but most of them are to far away to cause any threat.
Earthquake in the sea resulting to a tsunami is still worse.

But Mayan calender is nothing special really, the calendar just resets. Like we reset our calender every year (with some minor changes). It's funny though.
The last time the Mayan calendar reseted was about the time the Spanish came and destroyed their civilization. There might be some truth lol.

Level 34
excuse me? teraform myanus?
I heard there are celebrities living in Mianus.

But yes, when all planets are in one line we'll get some flooding here and there due to the gravity of all the planets pulling together, but most of them are to far away to cause any threat.
Earthquake in the sea resulting to a tsunami is still worse.
No shit sherlock, unless gravity is like light: Takes time to get there ;o

But Mayan calender is nothing special really, the calendar just resets. Like we reset our calender every year (with some minor changes). It's funny though.
The last time the Mayan calendar reseted was about the time the Spanish came and destroyed their civilization. There might be some truth lol.
Well, you're the expert. Tell us, are aliens from Mars execute a giant 'peace' voyage with full military might to us?

Last edited:
Level 17
Well, you're the expert. Tell us, are aliens from Mars execute a giant 'peace' voyage with full military might to us?

Silly you, there are no such things as aliens from mars, they died a long time ago along with their planet. Such a shame. (They found fossils of bacterias on mars, they count right.)

I think we just end up killing ourselves. No shit, so many things that go wrong.
- Cure for cancer; mutates; 99% of earth now zombies.
- Robots taking over.

But for 2012 I think a super volcanic eruption in yellowstone park will do.

Level 17
Silly you, there are no such things as aliens from mars, they died a long time ago along with their planet. Such a shame. (They found fossils of bacterias on mars, they count right.)

I think we just end up killing ourselves. No shit, so many things that go wrong.
- Cure for cancer; mutates; 99% of earth now zombies.
- Robots taking over.

But for 2012 I think a super volcanic eruption in yellowstone park will do.

Someone is a Will Smith fan

Level 11
1. I will not and cannot disbelieve that no form of life ever existed on Mars, because after all we have found signs of water being there.

2. Well we might some day in the future have an ideal society with no governing body, when we of course have evolved our brain functions to understand ourselves more deeply because the want for more power is actually two things, 1. 30% of all people have addictive personalities. and 2. childish behavior.

3. And a note on mars. Im a go watch the new star trek movie, i heard it is really good, and i never watch star trek in my life. I recommend everyone in this thread do so 2 lol

4. Forum needs an instant spell checker and fixer cause I feel like a total dumbass after writing here then having to go back and fix more then half of what i wrote underlined in red.....

PS: There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Ralle has allowed to live.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/135230-albums1549-picture11715.html#picturecomment10148

Last edited:
Level 27
No amount of spam will hold me at bay.
There are so many alternative energy sources, once they realized
Yes, once they are realized. Right now, they aren't. If oil were to critically deplete right now, a giant chunk of civilization would collapse. You think this is not going to be the case in 20 years? Why the hell would it not be the case?
Honestly, this whole thing about oil is pathetic, people think it's everything because the big oil company makes you think that.
No. The opposite is true. They lose money by telling us. They want us to buy up their oil down to the last expensive drop.
And how many people will die while they're doing that? These things take time.
Oil is going to run out soon...? What? Where are you getting your facts? Its not going to end for another lifetime or two at least.
What makes you think that? What do you know about oil that makes you sure enough to stake your life on there being oil for your entire lifetime?
Lol people have predicted that the world will end millions of times already.
Yes. Yes, indeed, they have. I don't believe them though. Mostly because they give no explanation as to why it will end. The ones that do give an explanation don't make sense. This is why I see cause for alarm. This one is plausible.
Eh, we will be teraforming Mars in 50 years so why should we be going crazy over this? lmao
Because this crisis is projected to occur before then? Certainly it is expected to occur before Mars is livable.
You cannot have equality of power distributed among the people, because everyone will want more than the other.
Right. And how do you get any power when everyone wants their own power? How am I supposed to get power over you if you want power over me? You will reject any attempt anyone makes to get power, and so will everyone else. The result is that the power is distributed equally.

Hint: An easy way to attack my argument is to revoke your statement that everyone will want power. Instead you say that most or some people want power. This allows for positions of power to form. You can use this argument free of charge, but I will warn you that I have already prepared a counter argument.

Of course, every which way you construe humans to work, anarchy will always be the best approach. This is because any system of power relies on the people in power to be better than the average person, which is not the case because the people in power are people too.

EDIT: We ought to move this anarchy debate elsewhere.

Level 17
Right. And how do you get any power when everyone wants their own power? How am I supposed to get power over you if you want power over me? You will reject any attempt anyone makes to get power, and so will everyone else. The result is that the power is distributed equally.

Hint: An easy way to attack my argument is to revoke your statement that everyone will want power. Instead you say that most or some people want power. This allows for positions of power to form. You can use this argument free of charge, but I will warn you that I have already prepared a counter argument.

Of course, every which way you construe humans to work, anarchy will always be the best approach. This is because any system of power relies on the people in power to be better than the average person, which is not the case because the people in power are people too.

EDIT: We ought to move this anarchy debate elsewhere.

Your right, I do revoke my statement.

Its not about everyone wanting more power than the other, its who can actually get that power to begin with. There will be conflict, but in the end there will be a winning side, and one side will end up with more power than the other. Oh look, conflict. Haven't fixed much, have we?

Level 11
Your right, I do revoke my statement.

Its not about everyone wanting more power than the other, its who can actually get that power to begin with. There will be conflict, but in the end there will be a winning side, and one side will end up with more power than the other. Oh look, conflict. Haven't fixed much, have we?

no this is a debate. and it is possible for people to some day, be peace with each and not be power hungry

Level 27
hakeem so you think that 2012 is a pluasible end of the world scenario?
No. The date changing is not an explanation for why the world would end. I am referring to oil depletion as the plausible scenario for civilization collapse.
There will be conflict
If this is true of humans, then no system can ever work. Fortunately, this is not true for everyone. I know my neighbors have no desire for power over me, nor I them. We're happy just living our lives in peace. People seem to think they want power, but often when given it, they realize that it comes with something else that people tend to not be very fond of: Responsibility.

Yes, people do like a bit of power, but are you willing to physically fight, and possibly kill, your neighbors for power? I can personally answer, "No," and I'd say most people think the same.

Level 17
If this is true of humans, then no system can ever work. Fortunately, this is not true for everyone. I know my neighbors have no desire for power over me, nor I them. We're happy just living our lives in peace. People seem to think they want power, but often when given it, they realize that it comes with something else that people tend to not be very fond of: Responsibility.

Yes, people do like a bit of power, but are you willing to physically fight, and possibly kill, your neighbors for power? I can personally answer, "No," and I'd say most people think the same.

Our History says otherwise.

Level 27
We've marginally improved, but we haven't changed; big difference there.
I suppose so.

Come to think of it, I don't think the peasants of old were any more willing to fight each other than common citizens are today. It's always the people in power who want to fight each other for power. The only reason the average person supports their government going to war is because they are irrationally scared for their own safety. Without a large or powerful enough government, how do you presume war to start?

Level 11
I suppose so.

Come to think of it, I don't think the peasants of old were any more willing to fight each other than common citizens are today. It's always the people in power who want to fight each other for power. The only reason the average person supports their government going to war is because they are irrationally scared for their own safety. Without a large or powerful enough government, how do you presume war to start?

So... we should have 1 big government then?

Status
Not open for further replies.