1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Complete and Utter Failure

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hakeem, Apr 5, 2009.

1. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    First I would like to say, you cracked me up.

2. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yesh they do

Also, the Military did this and this in the 50's and Bell Labs came up with this in the 60's.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  3. Vizel

Vizel

Resources:
    Resources:
    (SEMI-OFF-TOPIC):

Before this turns into a debate between Christians and Scientologists, I'd like to remind everybody that everybody has the right to their own opinion and that you shouldn't force your opinions onto others.

I myself believe in evolution and the Big Bang, but I'm not about to start telling people "YOU BETTER BELIEVE IN WHAT I SAY"

(BACK ON-TOPIC):

Anyway, Hakeem, I'm not saying you said that, but by the context of your post, it seemed to me that you were implying it. I apologize if that was not the case. :)

4. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    That was me and not hakeem. Ppl have the right to believe what ever they want, but when there belief system crosses over to where people are getting hurt because of a certain such as ALL RELIGIONS. I think its ok to say, stfu before we put you in a mental institution. I believe in a high power. A God maybe. But thats all there is to it. I dont understand why people need a story to go with a God. Are they trying to understand him? Indentify with him? Who knows, cause at least I know you cant do either. If there is a God, let there be a God. And live your lifes in peace, dont try to go ahead and kill people who dont belive in the same God you do. Thats especially what I think is ridiculous, monotheistic religions that go cursing out other monotheistic religions. Like, how dumb can these mofos be. And we have politicians who think like that, thats the kind of shit that scares me. Like hello!!, anyone consider it might be the same mofo god if theres only one. Anyone consider were his play fukin toys? Scientology doesnt have all the answers, even people who belive in it say that there is a higher power. So why can't everyone forget about religion and live there lifes in peace? Besides the fact that everyones mental and doesnt know how to express themselves? No clue.

Dam I was hoping no one would notice.

5. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No. But I don't see how you're getting that out of what I said.
    Whether or not utopia can be achieved is irrelevant. You would give up before trying, and thus never be able to reach it even if it is possible. Because you believe that it cannot be achieved, you can never be a functioning member of a utopia, should one ever exist.

You're never going to do anything by not trying at all.
    No. Everyone is peachy keen here. Even if it wasn't, I may not possess the ability to help the people currently in need in my area. If someone is dying of cancer, what am I supposed to do? If someone is trying to commit suicide I can probably save them, but I can't save anybody when there is nobody around that I can save.
    Of the Canadians I know, 0% of them have expressed the desire to kill me. It has not occurred to me to kill them.
    Yes. Don't you?
    Funny how that works huh? Why do you think we aren't monkeys anymore? One might attribute it to a difference in brain functioning.
    There is a difference between killing someone and being better than them. Neanderthals died off. We didn't kill them. As an evolutionist you ought to know how this type of thing works.

6. Vizel

Vizel

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am not saying you said anything about monkeys. I was simply talking to Hakeem after the "On-Topic" part:

Was referring to this:

The underlined portion.

7. Draknyte1

Draknyte1

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Biomass?

8. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    "Utopia" = "u"-"topos" = "no"-"where" = not to be found in world, by definition.
    So use another word :D .

9. Vizel

Vizel

Resources:
    Resources:
    New word? PARADISE!

I apologize if I offended anyone by saying that.

10. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Incorrect. The word can be seen in two ways.
    ou-topia which means no/none place. Just like you said. But you also have.
    eu-topia which means good place.

Binded it means a good place that does not exist. However people will try to create a world like this. Once it's created it wont be called an Utopia anymore however.

11. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yes, it should "work", not "fail". I'm "sure" it will "never" happen though.

12. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Uhm Hakeem, oil really isn't important.
    There are so many alternative energy sources, once they realized oil will run out soon they will be mass produced.
    They are already being mass produced in my country: windmills.

There also is nuclear power which we get from France atm, we barely use oil as a energy source except for cars. And we have electric cars. They just expensive.

Let's not forget all those other alternative energy sources like mixing salt water with sweet water (creates energy somehow). Using the waves of the sea as energy.

Honestly, this whole thing about oil is pathetic, people think it's everything because the big oil company makes you think that. There is no real need for concern.
    If oil runs out and all countries run out of gas my country that relies purely one alternative energies will rebuild the world lol.
    I'm not sure but I think most western European countries are trying to go to clean never ending energy.

13. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Airandius, you do know that oil is used for many other things other than energy?

14. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You lost me right there. Oil is going to run out soon...? What? Where are you getting your facts? Its not going to end for another lifetime or two at least. Oil is very important, right now it is important enough to go war for (Which has been done)

15. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't know shit about oil running out soon ,my point is that it wont matter if it does.
    And there are multiple oils, I'm talking about the black oil that comes out of ground.
    Not about oil made out of plants recently etc.

16. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'm not "sure" of that. What does mean "work"? Do you mean, economically positive? Providing sane social relationships? That would be a pretty laughable "anarchy".

Oh and Airandius, you're half correct about utopia, yet I think I can remember "good place" is written "eutopia" and not "utopia", if we refer to Thomas More. He used both, to explain his book, saying basicly that the island was both an "eutopia", a good place, and an "utopia" (from outopia), a place nowhere to be found, but language only kept Utopia :) .

17. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The fact that it is laughable is the exact reason why it won't "work".

18. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Nevermind.
    I was just trying to point out anarchy is probably not supposed to "work" as you say, and that a "system that works" is something that makes no sense for me, since I still don't know what "working" means for a system.

19. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    No I will try to make the world a better place, so one day everyone can live in a peacefully society, although I have a good amount of doubt that it will us humans can ever achieve it.

Well technically we encountered them several times, because archeologist have found bone remains of humans and them together from a battle. They would have actually survived if we did not kill them off, but I guess were not brute apes anymore. Although some of us are still uncivilized, even though we may not be monkeys. :)

Anarchy is a step towards utopia. It means the removal of all governments so that our consciousness will govern ourselves.

20. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Utopia = my bedroom at night.

ANYWAY, as it looks now it run out for at least 20 years idk. But we still have plenty.
    So let's worry about things that are actually closer to home.

- Economic Crisis
    - Global Warming
    - Mayan Calendar
    - People believing in the above problems.