1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Complete and Utter Failure

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hakeem, Apr 5, 2009.

1. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You talk about converting U-238 to Pu-239 and then talk about using Pu-238.

Also, you might want to write 10[sup]13[/sup] -> 1013 so that it doesn't look like 1013.

2. Draknyte1

Draknyte1

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    i still llike biomass

3. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not enough fast enough.
    Not enough fast enough.

4. Vizel

Vizel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nothing will be enough fast enough unless it's a completely global effort, which as stated in the Original Post, is beyond reasonably possible.

And even if it did happen, it still probably wouldn't be enough fast enough, so once it's all said and done: We're screwed.

My advice would be to prepare for the collapse of civilization and prepare to revert back to animal instincts.

Prepare for Collapse:
    llllllllllllllllllll 20% Complete

Reverting to Instincts:
    llllllllllllllllllll 0% Complete

Better watch out, I have a head start!

5. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    PURE ANARCHY: You have two cows. Either you sell the milk at a fair price or your neighbors try to take the cows and kill you.

would not recomend anarchy.... although.... i could get used to surrealism

SURREALISM: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.

6. Masiah

Masiah

Resources:
    Resources:
    I suppose you don't really understand anarchy...

7. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    if the world some how changed all its governments to an anarchy, we would become a Utopian race. Like come on, no governing body,but not everyone has enough common sense so that's y we cannot have an anarchistic "government" although it wouldn't be a government then.

But i don't think you see the joke about anarchy. Because there are more idiots out there then people with the right rational minds, if this where a governing body by the people common sense we would be all fucked four sides from Thursday.

8. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    glorifying anarchy has become a fad here. It won't work, it doesn't work, it's not going to happen.

9. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    anarchy = uptopia

utopia = never

10. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Is it only supposed to "work" ?

11. Masiah

Masiah

Resources:
    Resources:
    Communism is also an utopic movement... and hey, it worked for 70 years in Russia!

12. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    yea not really worked <-past not present and worked exactly for who hmm? cause a good amount of ppl were not happi . Bro humans are the worst creation ever. We kill EACH OTHER. Like viruses don't do that. So wtf man. Were going to kill each other in the end just watch.

13. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why should we worry about oil, we should worry about global warming and aliens.

14. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    wrong we should worry about our neighbors. Were a savage race who's animal instinct will conquer over common reasoning

15. Vizel

Vizel

Resources:
    Resources:
    We need to worry about oil because:

As soon as the first runs out, the second will begin to happen.

16. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oil isn't important lol.
    Out technology is far more advanced then most people think. It's just that the companies selling oil prevent these technologies to be used.

There are actually cars that will run on anything, including dishwater. But electric cars are a better solution.
    So there is no real need for concern, once oil runs out, those companies can no longer hold back these new technologies.

It's just because they can make profit they keep it, once it does not make profit they discard it and move on to the next best thing.

17. Vizel

Vizel

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know we actually have hovercars already? We've had them for years.

We have the technology. We can rebuild this world.

18. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    NO, they are working on hovercars and have some 'beta' models around.
    And they can only hover above ground for a few inches.

ANYWAY, did you knew we have robotic libs? They just look like crap.
    (Real arms made out of metal and shit that can be used when attached properly to a body as if it was a normal arm.

We should all stop buying oil so we can have this awesome stuff.

19. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    we have robotic limbs that attack to your nerves and you can put skin on it. so it looks human. Wtf u talking about. And yea we had hover cars, and no not only acouple inches, the one in alaska goes a foot off the ground and it has loads of mail and shit to carry around so no, not only a few inches my good sir.

20. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    While I don't remember saying that, it is a very real concern.
    Aye. Either that or just die. I figured more people would be choosing the road that doesn't kill you. :|
    If people were that stupid, they would never go for government in the first place. That the world is smart enough to make government is proof that it is smart enough to govern itself. It really is becoming quite amusing to me that people are so keen to see people in positions of power as more trustworthy than the average person.
    With that attitude you can stay out. We don't need pessimists bringing us down. Saying the world we live in is impossible. You are not a property of utopia.
    There is another thing that we do that viruses do not do. We save each other. In then end we will save each other, just watch.

OH SHI-
    That's funny. They've never expressed interest to kill me. I haven't even thought about killing them either. I really don't see where you're coming from.
    If we were that then we would be monkeys. The thing that made us what we are is that our conscious minds are in control of our bodies.
    Yeah, but you're forgetting that there are 6 BILLION of us. Just because the technology exists doesn't mean it's mass produced. When oil starts to deplete, the infrastructure that we rely on to mass produce those new technologies will crumble, and so will our ability to develop those new technologies. We can't just use the new technology. We have to have fuel for it. For so long we've been relying on oil to be that fuel because it is so efficient.
    They wont need to. Nobody will have the power to make them.
    If only they had realized that sooner.