• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

cleaving attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Please describe in clear english what you want to achieve.
There are different things:

-Cleave ability: only works on melee units
-Weapon type Missile (Splash)
-Several other abilties which modify the attack to inflict some kind of area damage

Level 5
Please describe in clear english what you want to achieve.
There are different things:

-Cleave ability: only works on melee units
-Weapon type Missile (Splash)
-Several other abilties which modify the attack to inflict some kind of area damage
yeah I know that works only on melee units but in this case it doesnt. how to add to the abillity weapon type missile [splash] if this is the factor it doesnt working. Spell is copied from cleaving attack [neutral hostile] i only changed damage distribution factor to 0.40 and area of effect to 900 do I need to change sth else?

Level 12
how to add to the abillity weapon type missile [splash] if this is the factor it doesnt working.

I do not understand this sentence.

Spell is copied from cleaving attack [neutral hostile] i only changed damage distribution factor to 0.40 and area of effect to 900 do I need to change sth else?
You might want to check if the allowed targets match your desired targets. Apart from that there is nothing except that the unit must be a melee one (weapon type normal).

Level 12
maybe you added some kind of orb effect or some other attack modifier that causes the cleaving some errors

As he stated cleave was the 5th ability of the item. As items can only have 4 abilities that was the reason it did not work. Cleave is not an orb.

Status
Not open for further replies.