• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cleaving attack probs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Just a quick q that could probally be solved quickly, i got a script that when done adds cleaving attack to my unit but the cleaving attack does not seem to work, the enemies are all huddled up, i changed the spells range to 500 but only the one target takes damage, is it because the ability was gotten from a neutral hostile that i have to change it abit?

Level 3
Cleaving attack is for melee unit only, indeed. And also, cleaving attack doesn't function properly if there is Incinerate-based ability on the same unit.

What is that specific unit that you add cleaving attack to?

EPW

EPW

Level 4
use fire orb ability instead of incinerate, since incinerate can add damage over time and splash on death where you can just add 0 damage for fire orb and get splash on hit. One more bonus of using fire orb, you can use this for both range and melee. Just remember to remove the damage and the model file, so you do not see the orb.

Level 3
Thanks for the help you guys, now i will know that cleaving attack is melee only, thought that you could change it but aslong as i got a cleaving type attack its ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.