• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how to make cleaving attack working on ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
he may want the unit to have something like an ability before dealing splash damage. though if you want it non-triggered, you can tinker with the Upgrades. have a unit be "upgraded" before dealing splash damage, by setting Attack type - Missile (Splash), and of course making sure the data on Combat - Attack - Area of Effect has values in it other than 0, much like having a Huntress be upgraded before having an additional bounce.

Level 2
u have to make it a ranged splash effect i believe. i have not tried with trigger code and all that jazz gui stuff that makes no sense to me =P but ive tried adding cleave to ranged before and it just makes wc3 crash.

Level 17
You can do the 'ranged splashing damage trick' with barrage ability
But beware, barrage ability will add +2 additional target to the unit
So the unit which has the custom barrage ability can attack 3 unit at once
Oh, and to customize the damage dealt (additional target damage) you can edit it in the unit's data, check for maximal damage, minimal damage, and medium damage
I highly suggest you to use this settings:
Unit:
Max damage: 9999 (as max as possible)
Med damage: to your liking
Min damage: 1

Ability barrage:
Max damage: as max as possible
Min damage: 1

Don't go below 1 or the unit will deal no damage

Level 8
Barrage doesn't really do "splash", but attack an additional unit. it doesn't just add +2, but more than that (i don't really know if there's a max number of damaged units with it). though that's one way of having a unit damage an additional unit other than its target.

the thing with Barrage is for example your unit attacks an enemy in its front, and it has an enemy behind, the unit will deal damage to the enemy behind it, making it don't look like a splash.

Level 17
that's different case..
afaik
barrage does't do that thing
the skill called Strom hammer that does damage behind the attacked unit
barrage will allow multiple target attacking
almost same like splash that attack additional unit in range of the attacker
beside, the strom hammer attack does damage in AoE from the attacked not attacker unit

Level 8
i.. have no idea? sorry :p

oh this one:
the skill called Strom hammer that does damage behind the attacked unit

just that, have you played MooMoo (or something called like that, a Hero defense map)? there's an item that lets a ranged unit attack multiple enemies. it uses the Barrage ability, in which for example a ranged unit is surrounded by multiple enemies in a full circle, even units behind the unit is attacked (it has a Searing arrow effect).

Status
Not open for further replies.