• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #8 - Idea

Is this a good idea? If yes, please detail more for the theme :]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

What would you say if we'd do a cinematic contest with the Summer Vacation Adventure thematic?

I think that something like a librarian going on vacation in China and suddenly finding himself going on an adventure along the way could go ways....
Now, this is an example of how we could approach such thematic.

@Chaosy @Hemlock @APproject @Tickles @Archian and the others.....

What do you think?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Sadly @Tickles hasn't been on for around 2 years.

@Ungoliath could share some thoughts.

I propose, like with any contest, everybody to give theme ideas, not have a fixed one. Yeah, I know polls tend to suck but you could always recycle the remaining themes for future contests.

Other people who could be interested:
CMarket hasn't been on since March.
Naze
Radicool
PrinceYaser
Diablo-dk
RED BARON

They all participated in previous contests.

Last edited:
Level 21
Personally I love it when there's room for interpretation. A broader theme could also affect cinematic variety, making it easier for participants to differentiate themselves.

I really like "adventure" as a theme :D Further suggestions (if we are to make a poll) could be something like a great discovery or maybe mystery (like a detective story).

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I think it is slightly too specific of a theme personally. Primarily because it does not leave any room for a fantasy/medieval theme since vacations is not really a concept of that age.

But I also think "Mystery" is too vague (though I would be more than fine with such a theme). I like when a theme actually restricts me a bit, and an entire genre is not really much of a restriction to me.

So basically I want something in the middle ideally.

Perhaps along the lines of:
Twist - recreate a moment in Warcraft lore but in an alternate universe.
This limits me in the sense that I cannot just make anything up, I actually need to base it on something that exists. However the options are still many enough to not make the cinematics similar.

Of course, I am heavily biased for that theme specifically and I know it is not really the Ungoliath way to doing things. But despite that I hope it gets my point across to some extent.

Level 21
Maybe something like...

THE GREAT ADVENTURE
Venture towards the distant horizon! The theme for this cinematic contest is adventure. Contestants are to create a cinematic (between ?? and ?? minutes) which depicts an adventurous story. This could be a cinematic about unexpected journeys with twists and turns, or something else - something which you relate to the adventure theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.