• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Cinematic Contest #7 - Theme Discussion

What theme should this contest have?

• Galaxy/Space Themed

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Legion's Arrival

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Survival of Azeroth

• The Story of Felwood

• Maive's Background Story

• Jaina and Arthas first meet

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • War

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Pilgrimage

• Growing Bond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A New World

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Discovering an ancient culture

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Time

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
user160036_pic59500_1342547064-png.244360

malegoblin[5].png

Cinematic Contest #7 - Theme Discussion

Think of any theme that can be used in this cinematic contest!

Here are some of the Past Themes that were used in the past Cinematic Contests:

Suggested Themes
  • Galaxy/Space Themed
  • Legion's Arrival
  • Survival of Azeroth
  • The Story of Felwood
  • Maive's Background Story
  • Jaina and Arthas first meet
  • War
  • Pilgrimage
  • Growing Bond
  • A New World
  • Discovering an ancient culture
  • Time

Remember that the suggested themes are gonna be the theme that will be used in this Contest so think competitively........

Vote now to "What Theme should this Cinematic Contest have ?"

Vote wisely.

No rules needed in this poll, choose what you wan't to theme this contest. It's up to you! Just remember that if ever the theme you voted is the winner then it shall be the theme for this cinematic contest

Vote will end until the end in 7 Days!

Once a theme has been chosen the Cinematic Contest #7 will be Officially Launched into Hive!

If you wan't to vote don't hesitate to vote now. Just go to the "Poll" to vote.......

Last edited:
Level 26
Goooooood! (ever thought of that writing "good" like that may sound like a dragged out and frustrated "god"?)
"The story of..." kinda caught my interest.
I love origin stories, and there are many things in the warcraft lore that is left untold by blizzard.

For example Felwood: There is no story about it was before it was called felwood.
There is no background story to Maiev except that she was trusted with guarding Illidan.
There is very little background to how Arthas and Jaina met except for that Arthas was killing some trolls.

I'd like to see those kind of stories fleshed out a bit. :)

So the contest would be something like: "Find a vague part in Blizzards lore, and flesh it out."

EDIT: Hmm, this might be better for a short story contest though.

Level 25
My body is ready for this contest.

War
- Create a visual representation of the conflict between two or more warring factions in the heat of battle.

Pilgrimage - Follow the hardships of one or more individuals as they travel through harsh conditions to reach a goal or complete a task.

Growing Bond - Express the relationship between two individuals as they grow to become unlikely allies, friends, or lovers.

A New World - Show the establishment or development of a settlement, city or kingdom as it flourishes to become something greater.

Well, god of GUI is ready! :D
A New World - Show the establishment or development of a settlement, city or kingdom as it flourishes to become something greater.
I really like this one. I'll make something if this being chosen as the theme.

Last edited:
Level 19

War
- Create a visual representation of the conflict between two or more warring factions in the heat of battle.

Pilgrimage - Follow the hardships of one or more individuals as they travel through harsh conditions to reach a goal or complete a task.

Growing Bond - Express the relationship between two individuals as they grow to become unlikely allies, friends, or lovers.

All of these got my attention, they are open for many directions and very deep story telling. I would try participating in this if I ever find the time. Even if I can't come up with something very solid, it'll be an awesome experience. I love cinematics!!

I'll put some ideas here as well.

Discovering an ancient culture - Showing a huge ancient or an alien city, it can be already deserted ages ago, some examples would be, The space ship in Prometheus, or the huge underground world inside the mountains in Dark Souls 2 DLC (I forgot the name it was Sunken Ruins iirc).

Time - The importance of time. It is told in Benjamin Button with a good scene; the narrator tells if X person didn't wake up 5 minutes late, she wouldn't have skipped her shower, if the car driver didn't have a fight with his wife in the morning he wouldn't have driven his car so mad. Then he wouldn't hit her in short. There are a lot more details in this lemme just attach the link if I can find it. Alright here it is:
it's a bit different from what I told ya just watch it :D It could be told in a very differnt way as well, this is just an example.

Life of a Warrior/Assassin/Priest/King - The hard choices they have to make. What they have to leave behind when duty calls? What they sacrifice from themselves, from the ones they love? The moral dilemma, and the conflicts they face. This can be open for many ideas imo.

Level 14
What about the theme to be ''Legion's Arrival and Survival of Azeroth'' or something like that?
Hmm that could work except for the "Legion's Arrival" which is to common...... But the "Survival of Azeroth" could work (Added to Suggested Themes)

I have another idea. What about making a cinematic about space? :)
Space or Galaxy could work I guess I mean we already have Starcraft so... yeah it could (Added to Suggested Themes)

Level 14
Vote now to "What Theme should this Cinematic Contest have ?"

Vote wisely.

No rules needed in this poll, choose what you wan't to theme this contest. It's up to you! Just remember that if ever the theme you voted is the winner then it shall be the theme for this cinematic contest

Vote will end until the end of the month of February!

Once a theme has been chosen the Cinematic Contest #7 will be Officially Launched into Hive!

If you wan't to vote don't hesitate to vote now. Just go to the "Poll" to vote.......

Level 19
It's been months since I posted on this thread. I didn't even recognize the themes I suggested were on the poll haha :D I voted for Discovery of an Ancient Culture and Legion's Arrival. Turned out one was my idea hahaha :D

I was attracted to the "Time" theme when I first suggested it but right now I don't feel it very much but it's on the lead. Let's see what theme will win! I might even participate in this one if I can find the theme and a good idea.

Level 14
It's been months since I posted on this thread. I didn't even recognize the themes I suggested were on the poll haha :D I voted for Discovery of an Ancient Culture and Legion's Arrival. Turned out one was my idea hahaha :D

I was attracted to the "Time" theme when I first suggested it but right now I don't feel it very much but it's on the lead. Let's see what theme will win! I might even participate in this one if I can find the theme and a good idea.
Good choice NightStalker! Yeah "Time" is the one on the lead. Thank you for participating in the contest!

Vote for maiev!, you misspelled her name though or were you referring to a different character?
NO sorry for the misspell did not notice that!:D:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.