1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Chasing the Dawn

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Elf_Lord, Aug 3, 2015.

?

What sort of ending should Part II have?

1. Canon - end the campaign at Part II, maybe a bonus mission to wrap up

9.2%
  2. Canon - have a Part III from a different character's perspective

65.5%
  3. Non-Canon - continue with an Abbendis-centric Part III

25.3%
  1. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Quite cool that someone actually is doing a campaign about Scarlets with some progress! Cinematics are probably the best part of the campaign, techtree is interesting, but those units trained in the garrison seem to be mechanically very similar to each other respectively. Terrain is interesting, not particularly detailed and flat, but it gives a certain feeling to the experience. I managed to reach that defense scenario that has already mentioned myrmidon stable cavalry bug.

2. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah. A lot of this will be fixed. I don't to say too much about it right now (I like big reveals), but I have about a month now where my schedule is relatively clear and I'm going to be overhauling this campaign (which is why I've taken my crappy half-release down). Updates will be coming soon!

3. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is this downloadable or a demo available?

4. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As he said, he just removed it, but promises that an update will be up soon.

5. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The voice whispered: "Come to me."

6. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Axesome trĂ¡iler!!

7. Gottfried

Gottfried

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well-made! :)

8. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    WOOW, I'm overwhelmed with emotions. This trailer is very very awesome
    I'll be waiting for January to play this baby

9. soooeree

soooeree

Resources:
    Resources:
    your trailer is gorgeous but you forgot that in addition you have the ARGENT Dawn

10. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was only counting my main 3 techtrees. There are variants of techtrees that add up to around 9 in total: Crusade x2 (Scarlet and Argent), Vrykul x3 (Dragonflayer, Ymirjar, and Kvaldir), Forsaken, Alliance (Human variant), Horde (Orc variant), and Scourge (Undead variant). Not including the player Scarlet Crusade which can have its techtree changed drastically by the player.

11. renegade

renegade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems promising just from the screenshots, can't wait for a demo :D

12. Nazmi Ahmad

Nazmi Ahmad

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really hope that this would actually be released.There were many scarlett crusade related projects that were cancelled and i hope this wont be one of them.It really looks good so far! Good job friend!

13. Leo Akastenix

Leo Akastenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    I demand da legion be part of the plot!
    Since one of the scarlet general or captain(forgotten his name) is the dreadlord Malganis

14. Nazmi Ahmad

Nazmi Ahmad

Resources:
    Resources:
    *Balnazzar not Malganis

15. Leo Akastenix

Leo Akastenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, my bad

16. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A little late, I suppose, but both Mal'Ganis and Balnazzar are a part of the plot. One is significantly more involved than the other. I'll leave you to figure that all out when we get there.

On that note, I just wanted to give a quick update. Due to some computer problems and my need to make Mission 5 far more complicated than it has to be, I'm a little behind schedule, but I still intend to release by the end of January. This is subject to change depending on if I encounter more unforeseen setbacks.

I also need to thank @Nowow for helping me with AI. This project might have never seen the light of day again without him. The good work continues. Put your faith in the Light, and all is possible.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  17. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As I draw closer to finishing up the Lordaeron portion of the campaign, I've decided to release a few videos exploring some of the new content of the campaign. Just whatever strikes me as important/whatever people are curious about. This first one is about the ANA system, the system allowing the player to customize their hero and army from mission to mission. So if you're curious about how the system works/where it came from and are tired of waiting for me to release it (or if you're just bored), check it out, or let me know what would interest you to see from the game!

EDIT: Oops. Comments were disabled. Sorry. I do that automatically because I used to post crappy school video projects on my YouTube account, and since I posted this at like 1 or 2 in the morning I wasn't exactly thinking. Also enabled comments on my original trailer.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  18. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    SO HYPED!!!

19. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just an update: I will be uploading shortly. My last round of tests have uncovered an AI glitch in a later mission and I am going to take a few minutes to correct it.

UPDATE: Well, that took longer than expected. Sad thing was all I had to do was add one line of code. Anyway, upload incoming.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  20. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    First of all, I want to thank everyone who has been with me following this project since its inception. You are the only reason any of this project ever saw the light of day, and for that I am grateful.

Secondly, I want to apologize for the errors in the released alpha version of the campaign. Due to circumstances beyond my control, production was delayed on the campaign for about a week, and I had to push to meet the campaign's release date of January 31st. This meant I was making changes to the game right up until the release time, and so, while the campaign was continuing to be tested even the day of release, the final released version of the campaign did not get a full playthrough before release as I was still making repairs to Mission 5 cinematics and Mission 4 AI at the time. This was a mistake I do not intend to repeat. Thank you all for your patience and support, and please continue to report any issues you find. I will be spending the remainder of the week doing a full playthrough test myself to release a fully repaired patch hopefully before next week.