• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Characters I should try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I just started playing LoL last week. I was able to skip the noob phase by:
1. Knowing the Tower-Minion interaction
2. Knowing to wait for minions
3. I got taught a good build
4. Having played lot of WC3

I liked Master Yi from the start. And now I'm intrigued with Teemo, his DoT is pretty deadly and he can zone pretty well.

What other heroes should I try, which might be similiar to these two heroes?

Level 9
I have heard that Teemo is the most hated hero in the game. His ulti is like placing nukes all over the map. Also i have heard that Yasuo and Tryndamere are op as hell. Also my friend said that Jinx is pretty good too.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Teemo is an annoying bitch :D His DoT as I said is pretty deadly and he can stack up to 3 'shrooms to quickly mine some important pathways.

I just saw Tryndamere play. He's really easy to control and can get fine fat. I might be buying him next, not just sure atm.

Thanks for recommendations!

Level 24
It depends on what role you want to try out, here's my favorites.

ADC: Kog'Maw and Ashe.
APC: Ahri
Support: Sona
Jungle: Nocturne
Top: Master Yi

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I started LoL week ago, they don't jungle in my level :) and what is apc and support?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I just tried Tryndamere Zar suggested, it was quite nice. I just had to buy a lot of attack speed items and I got good stats going :D I nearly made two attack per second in the end.

Level 9
I just tried Tryndamere Zar suggested, it was quite nice. I just had to buy a lot of attack speed items and I got good stats going :D I nearly made two attack per second in the end.
Nasus Q stacking needs skill, but hes pretty cool and strong hero too. His slow is basically a stun... And when his q is stacked to about 300-400 enemies will qq.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Ok. Now I tried Ashe Chaosy suggested, she can get crazy dps. Also you can be pretty outgoing with her.

You guys have great suggestions :p

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I kind of like Ashe as attack damage carry, as support I like the one who has butterfly with her.

Maybe I'll try to get better with Ashe, Ryndmeaxaxazx (the tank), Yi, Teemo and Butterfly Girl.

Level 9
I kind of like Ashe as attack damage carry, as support I like the one who has butterfly with her.

Maybe I'll try to get better with Ashe, Ryndmeaxaxazx (the tank), Yi, Teemo and Butterfly Girl.
Buttefly Girl name was something like pulu or something. Btw if you get better at the game Yasuo is the only champ to play if you want to win like every game. I one watched a ranked game and Yasuo was 1/1/3 and like 5 minutes later he was 11/1/3. And once i saw Master Yi who was like 1/5, but later he was 18/7. And dont ever watch these official champion spotlights. Those arent true. If you want truth telling champion spotlights write actual champion spotlight to youtube search.
Just watch this video to see how overpowered b#tch yasuo is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfpJ995AWIw
Problem is that Riot doesnt even care how strong yasuo and Master Yi are. They are like: Oh what we need to nerf Yasuo and Master Yi? Nah we dont have time. We need to rework Sion who we promised to rework actually 2 years ago.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yesterday I beat Yasuo in 1v1 with Teemo. We we were equal on HP and levels.

I also tried jungle Yi, it was my first time jungle and I screwed it all up lol, never gonna jungle again..

@Razosh you said top: master yi? Can you link your item set, I'm intrigued to see how you handle the opposing top player.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I'm scared of the comments when I accidentally ks on support D: luckly I haven't supported strangers yet

Zed

Zed

Level 7
Top : Gnar / Yasuo (High damage early game especially Gnar)
Mid : Zed / Syndra / Leb'Lanc (So much damage)
Jungle : Master Yi / Kha'Zix / Rengar (Surprise Ganks)
ADC : Vayne / Caitlyn / Jinx (Best Attack Damage Carries)
Support : Thresh / Janna / Nami (These guys do so much things for the team)

Zed

Zed

Level 7
I'm scared of the comments when I accidentally ks on support D: luckly I haven't supported strangers yet
I remembered when i was playing Janna as support, I accidentally last hitted a Cannon Minion and my ADC was like ''Noob why did you last hitted that minion i'm gonna report you dickhead after the game you son of a faggot.''

After that i never played as a support again.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I remembered when i was playing Janna as support, I accidentally last hitted a Cannon Minion and my ADC was like ''Noob why did you last hitted that minion i'm gonna report you dickhead after the game you son of a faggot.''

After that i never played as a support again.
LMAO xd

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

That never happens to me anymore. It used to happen from time to time back in season 2 where I was at 900 elo which was equal to weak silver V / strong bronze I.

But these days that never happens unless you take quite a chunk of minions. Like 10-20 during lane phase.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Here in our server the lol players are with the same attitude with dota & dota 2 players. They trashtalk when they are killers and silent when they are not. They also do this to people who do this to them. But some pinoy players, are not toxic. They are just toxic when there are any presence of toxic player :3

Zed

Zed

Level 7
Buttefly Girl name was something like pulu or something. Btw if you get better at the game Yasuo is the only champ to play if you want to win like every game. I one watched a ranked game and Yasuo was 1/1/3 and like 5 minutes later he was 11/1/3. And once i saw Master Yi who was like 1/5, but later he was 18/7. And dont ever watch these official champion spotlights. Those arent true. If you want truth telling champion spotlights write actual champion spotlight to youtube search.
Just watch this video to see how overpowered b#tch yasuo is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfpJ995AWIw
Problem is that Riot doesnt even care how strong yasuo and Master Yi are. They are like: Oh what we need to nerf Yasuo and Master Yi? Nah we dont have time. We need to rework Sion who we promised to rework actually 2 years ago.
You are quite wrong about the Yasuo and Master Yi part.

Yasuo can be easily countered by Irelia,Jax,Pantheon and Fiora, And he is at his weakest when he has launched his whirlwind, Also fighting Yasuo away from minions and neutral monsters will limit his mobility, And his Resolve only lasts for 2 seconds so hit him with your basic attack.

About the Master Yi part, He can be countered by Jax or Rammus, Since he cannot be slowed during his ult he can still be silenced,stunned or knocked up. Others just build Thornmail and armor items.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I think yasou is semi weak in his current state.. oh god so many many nerfs on that champion.

Passive nerfed 2-3 times, W nerfed, E nerfed

He is good mid but suck at top lane these days according to me.

For master yi, he is really weak. Pick one single cc champ and yi is useless. A good example would be a warwick ulti. Just stun him and oneshot. Yi ca'n't do shit before he is dead.
This is the only reason master yi is never picked in LCS. The good players just counter him easily.

Zed

Zed

Level 7
I think yasou is semi weak in his current state.. oh god so many many nerfs on that champion.

Passive nerfed 2-3 times, W nerfed, E nerfed

He is good mid but suck at top lane these days according to me.
Shield strength reduced to 60-470 from 60-690.
They removed the W passive right? That generates % of his flow.
They nerfed E because of the continuous casts that gives 100% more damage.
Base hp lowered to 462 from 512
Base ms lowered to 340 from 350

Well, Yasuo is still strong in the late gameee :ab:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Should I buy Nami? I've played her couple of times, and she's good at supporting.

She costs goddamn 6200 or something, so she's a big investement,

just asking to know if she's valid at ranked or so.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yes, She is a good pick in ranked games.
Okay thanks for telling me. I know I'm far from playing ranked (I'm level 13 now), but still 6300 points is a huge investment.

Edit:
Also the heroes you suggested for adc:
ADC : Vayne / Caitlyn / Jinx (Best Attack Damage Carries)
I just played Jinx, her ulti is outright broken, it doesn't even need accuracy to hit fleeing enemies, due to it's enormous AoE.

Zed

Zed

Level 7
Her ulti damage is 100% of her bonus AD + 35% of the target's missing health.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Her ulti damage is 100% of her bonus AD + 35% of the target's missing health.
The rocket?
It gains dmg over distance traveled.

Level 11
First off, Yasuo and Yi are not overpowerd, people at low ranks just don't know how to deal with them. Hard counter vs Yasuo is Riven. Riven all the way, her spells destroy his mobility. If you lose a lane as riven to yasuo your doing it wrong. Yi is only a beast if you let him get fed. But yi is very weak, and practically can't lane vs anything, so he has to jungle. If u put wards (a rare thing in low rank) in to bushes he cant gank. If they do get fed, you need a fed disruption tank. I played a game where Yasio got fed like crazy (like 20/something) and team was Malphite, Alistar, Tresh. All 3 of them have a knockup so its easy for Yasuo to use his ulty. I was a fed Sejuany, and i built mostly tank ap items, so i had some defense and some dmg. That allowed me to 1v1 Yasuo cuz i could cc him. Next I just zoned him he had to stay back cuz of my treat, while my team destroyed his team.
Next, if your a support and your ad flames you, take boots of speed and start roaming mid and top and gank there. If done properly, you will be a few lvls behind, but mid and top will both get ahead and carry the game. Then the game ends with your ad 0 10 0, top and mid fed and you with plenty of assists, so bot can flame all he want. If he tells you hell report you cuz your not supporting him, he can, but you can't be punished, because that its metagame, and metagame is designed by players, not riot, therefore metagame can't be in the rules, and anything that goes against the metagame can't be punished by them. Flaming however can.

Level 11
Second post cuz of char limit, yeeeeey!!
Which champs to play:
AD Carry: Lucian, Miss Fortutune and Ezreal for early pressure. They are really strong early but fall off late game compared to harder scaling ads, assuming you have same amount of gold and lvls. If you want a hard scale adc, Kog'Maw, Vayne, Tristana, Twich and Jinx. They are more reliant on a proper support just so you know.
Mid. Here you can chose assassins or Ability Power Carryes (APC). For assassins you have AP or AD. They are relatively hard to play compared to APCs so I wouldn't recommend em right away, but they'r all good, pick one you like best. Fizz, Zed, Talon Ahri, although they'r not that easy to play, you will have a few very poor games at first with them. For APCs, you have a lot, but they rely on skillshots so you got to practice that. Ryze, Annie and Kayle are good to learn, after that maybe Lisandra. Her skillshots are easy cuz projectile travels fast and she has a good escape, plus she is fairly tanky for a mid champ.
Support, either go ranged, which are Nami, Sona, Lulu(butterfly lady), Janna. Lately hard engage champs are popular, that go in for the kill such as Leona, Thresh, Braum and Blitzcrank. Morgana is also popular because her black shield counters they'r engage but you got to time it right. You usually have a second to react, maybe less.
Jungle: Warwick and Xin Zhao, they have built in sustain in jungle so theyr not as punishing on mistakes, ganks are meh to ok compared to others pre lvl 6, but you're new to jungle so it wont really matter that much, Xin scales reasonably well in to late, ww is beast in late game.
Top: Take Nasus. He is very weak early game, but at low lvls many people don't know that. His Q gets +3dmg if it kills an enemy (+6 if its a cannon minion, a large monster in jungle or a champion). If your good at last hitting farm Q early. +100/10 minutes is considered good, but that wont carry the game. You need more. With practice you'll give people nightmares 30+ minutes in to the game. Jax is awesome too, and not reliant on farming Q, just regular farm. Also ranged champs such as teemo, nidalee, vladimir, jayce, ryze. People at low elo generally don't know how to deal with ranged champs in lane when their playing a melee champ, abuse it.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Holy crap that's a lot to read! :p

The LoL is PERFECT as a game, I can't ask for a better one. I'd be stupid to say it's a bad game, really for a MOBA, it's enough. I know most of us gamers always want to see updates and to see meta rolling on, I don't really care about evolving meta. There's just so much you can improve in LoL, you don't really care about updates. At least I don't.

But there's a huge minus only those who play LoL can understand: the community. It's so toxic and cancerous, I really wish you'd have to buy LoL for 20€, just to get rid of all the flamers.

1) Some don't listen to you: When you pick a role, someone else says that role later, insta locks a hero, and you need to pick another role. It's simply not how it goes...
2) Some are smurfs and rage at others: If you happen to be more skilled than others, why do you get surprised when you're team mates aren't as skilled?
3) Some are carried: carried players gets to enjoy the company of their 30 level friends and gets carried to high levels, and are unable to do shit. Sigh, it's not their fault, but who else are you gonna blaim...
4) Some are lucky and rage at others: There's some luck involved, let's say you get a good cumulation going on and start to snowball. You see your team falls behind you. Now what you shouldn't do is blame them for being bad...
5) Some are plain simply irritating: They go solo and get ganked, blame their team for not supporting. They see someone else going solo and getting ganked, blame them for soloing...

I only most of the time suffer from #1.

I hate playing the game without friends, because of the community.

Level 11
Welcome to MOBA games xD
Its the same with all highly competitive team games.
But you know ignores a thing and pings are good enough to say what u want to say.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Ouch, how much does Caitlyn cost?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

This is the regular lobby:
attachment.php

Attachments

• asdf.JPG
    asdf.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 212

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Okay, Nami is nice, very nice. Thank you to Zed for recommending her.

She fits my playstyle very nice. It's not insta kill if you're a little too aggressive with her, as I usually am and die to going in too easily.

Brand is nice for mid, but just a bit too stressful when you're doing bad, or when you're against Katarina. Zed's level ramp is ridiculous at one point so playing against him is sometimes a nightmare.

For top, only Teemo has been fun for me, which is a sad thing :/ Can anyone suggest a top hero? I like the Volibear guy, is he good in the meta?

As jungle, I've only played as Yi. Even cowsep sied that new Jungle ain't as fun as before, and I think the same so I've been avoiding jungle.

For adc, I kind of hate being the adc >.<

So suggestions are appreciated, still.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Alrighty,
I still hold strongly behind my LoL critique, so annoying to play this game when community consists of stupid 13 and 14 year olds... Anyway:
Zed seems to be very strong in the current meta (please notice I'm level 16), is there tips against him?

Status
Not open for further replies.