• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few tips for 3v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Hello, I am a decent 3v3 player (Atleast I think so, gold V here) and I just want to share a few tips that will improve your chance of winning a game.

1. allways pick your cc ability if you are going for a first blood fight. You should wait with choosing your ability until your team actually decide to go for first blood.

2. Never go into the jungle alone before the minions spawn, there is a big chance of getting caught.

3. Never start farming minions if you dont see any enemies on the map, they are likely waiting in a bush somewhere.

4. The vilemaw is spawned at 10 minutes and is actually easy to solo as a ranged damage dealer because if you not stand in melee range of vilemaw his attack speed is much slower.

5. altars are worth 80 gold (240 gold for the team) so getting both of them early is a big early advantage.

6. picking a jungler in 3v3 beats going 2 bot if you got a good solo lane champ. For example you could use lee sin jungle and ahri solo bot.

7. camping in the bush near the enemy altar will give you a kill 90% of the times you try it. From there you can easy catch some roaming noob.

8. If your top lane is pushing very hard its not wise to stay under your own tower farming because that allows the enemy team to gank top very easy. Both lanes should push or play safe else there is a chance for easy ganking on one of the lanes.

9. champions with long jumps can actually jump through ANY wall in the 3v3 map. For example shaco Q and kassadin R. Count on this so you dont get baited.

I hope this will help you a little in 3v3 because the I see those mistakes in my normal games way to commonly.

Level 2
i agree on most points, however going a duo lane with a kill oriented support is completly even to playing with a jungler, it just depends on who can use their strategie better.
Generally if you go with supp, you'll try to push that lane early (both get lvl2) --> go into jungle or gank other lane, basically you take advantage of the solo lane having to farm under tower, which creates either 2vs1 or 3vs2

Level 2
actually i think its the other way round. Thats because playing as a jungler vs a duo lanes requires alot more coordination with your team aswell as outsmarting your oponent. Because you need to immediatly watch out heavily if the duo goes miss aswell as you need to communicate alot with your solo laner to be able to fight them back.

On the other side playing against a jungler is in the early ( which 90% of the time the only thing that matters on tt) quite easy since you know usually where he is, since you invade his jungle or you know that he can't do anything to your duo because their solo is pushed with 2 waves under tower.
only thing that is scary is if your 1 vs 1 lane gets ganked, however your duo can do this really well aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.