• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

IDB (Imaginary Dota Battles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

IMAGINARY DOTA BATTLES

Main_Page_icon_Unreleased_Content.png

This thread is for the fun discussion of imaginary battles versus team compositions,
farm states and item builds. Create your own scenarios for other people to take part in.
All for the name of fun!

So what do you do? You read a scenario that someone has posted and then take your choice
and explain in any way you please why you think that choice is valid and a correct one

Here are mine, take any you wish and if you want post your own:

You are playing as Tidehunter along with a well farmed Malfurion that has a Pipe of Insight
and not so well farmed Anti-Mage. After an unsuccessful gank on your part where both your team mates die, you escape
with your head intact and you have lots of gold at your disposal. Against you there is a decently farmed Lion, a well farmed
Axe and a poorly farmed Rikimaru. You know for a fact that the enemy Axe has nothing but ordinary boots and a BKB.
You already have your Blink Dagger and you want to spend all your gold on one powerful item

WHICH OF THESE THREE ITEMS WILL YOU BUY:
Orchid_Malevolence_icon.png

Orchid Malevolence

Refresher_Orb_icon.png

Refresher Orb

Shiva%27s_Guard_icon.png

Shiva's Guard

You are playing as Bounty Hunter and you have been ganked from mid atleast
2 times (and killed). The enemies that seem to love ganking you are Sven and Shadow Demon,
from which you know that Sven has Mask of Death and ordinary boots
and the Shadow Demon has Dust of Appearance and Arcane Boots.
You feel your blood boiling by the look at the time missed farming and not leveling. You decide to change tactics,
since you appear to be the enemy's scape goat. You already have Quelling Blade, Stoic Shield,
Ironwood Branch and a Healing Salve. You have 600 gold at your disposal. Will you:

WHICH ONE OF THESE CHOICES WILL YOU MAKE:

40px-Ring_of_Health_icon.png

Sell your Quelling Blade & Stoic Shield and buy Ring of Health, going for Vanguard or Battle Fury

40px-Cloak_icon.png
40px-Healing_Salve_icon.png

Sell your Branch to buy a Cloak and another Salve, going for Hood of Defiance

40px-Magic_Wand_icon.png
40px-Observer_Ward_icon.png

Sell your Stoic Shield and go for Magic Wand and an Observer Ward

You are playing as Earthshaker and you are in the neutral camp just below mid lane when you see the
enemy team initiating a team fight in the jungle. The enemy Tiny initiates on your Ursa in the jungle,
and you can see Lina behind Tiny. Because you had placed a ward at the river, you see Juggernaut
picking a double damage rune and is probably also heading to the jungle. You see your ally Bone Fletcher
retreat from the bot lane and go into stealth with Orchid Malevolence, heading towards the jungle. Ursa
notices the Fletcher and lures both Tiny and Lina by blinking in that direction and they follow. You know
for a fact that Tiny is decently farmed but Lina already has her Aghanim and has full mana.
You have Arcane Boots and you just bought your Blink Dagger. You decide to:

WHICH OF THESE THREE CHOICES WILL YOU MAKE:

1. Blink in, Fissure the Tiny and Lina, allowing your Ursa to escape

2. Blink in near the Lina, going for Enchant Totem first and then fissure both Lina and Juggernaut, delaying them from participating

3. Delay the blink, wait for Clinkz to initiate on some hero with his Orchid, then blink in, attempting to Fissure all 3 enemies and go for Echo Slam

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Ohh...like this!

Hmm,
It's always nice to have back to back Ravage, so I'd go for a Refresher

In the next team fight:

After a few impeccable placed wards (bought with some leftover gold and placed by the Tidehunter :)) we have successfully dewared the opponents team and have good intell about enemy movement,

• Tidehunter blinks in, first Ravage drops successfully, catches Axe and Lion
  • Anti-Mage blinks in and starting to work on the Lion, Anchor Smash hits Axe and Lion, Gush hits Lion as he is starting to run away,
  • Axe pops the BKB (after used it several times during the match its down to 5 seconds duration), Axe taunt hits the Tidehunter and the AM (with a fully leveled Kraken Shell the Tidehunters skin is thick!)
  • Lion hexes the AM, NP enters the battle and traps the Lion,
  • Riki enters the battle, jumping the NP while the Sprouts are working the Lion
  • BKB wears off, Mana Voild kills Lion, second Anchor Smash hits Axe, NP is low, Sprouts turns to Riki
  • Tide pops Refresher, second Ravage hits Axe and Riki, Axe is low, NP runs away from Riki while stunned, thirds Anchor Smash hits Axe, second Gush hits Axe, true sight from wards prevents Riki from becoming invisible, AM and Tide finish Axe,
    • Riki keeps going at NP, AM blinks in and starts working on Riki, fourth Anchor Smash hits Riki, Riki dies before Blink is up...

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Ohh...like this!

Hmm,
It's always nice to have back to back Ravage, so I'd go for a Refresher

In the next team fight:

After a few impeccable placed wards (bought with some leftover gold and placed by the Tidehunter :)) we have successfully dewared the opponents team and have good intell about enemy movement,

• Tidehunter blinks in, first Ravage drops successfully, catches Axe and Lion
  • Anti-Mage blinks in and starting to work on the Lion, Anchor Smash hits Axe and Lion, Gush hits Lion as he is starting to run away,
  • Axe pops the BKB (after used it several times during the match its down to 5 seconds duration), Axe taunt hits the Tidehunter and the AM (with a fully leveled Kraken Shell the Tidehunters skin is thick!)
  • Lion hexes the AM, NP enters the battle and traps the Lion,
  • Riki enters the battle, jumping the NP while the Sprouts are working the Lion
  • BKB wears off, Mana Voild kills Lion, second Anchor Smash hits Axe, NP is low, Sprouts turns to Riki
  • Tide pops Refresher, second Ravage hits Axe and Riki, Axe is low, NP runs away from Riki while stunned, thirds Anchor Smash hits Axe, second Gush hits Axe, true sight from wards prevents Riki from becoming invisible, AM and Tide finish Axe,
    • Riki keeps going at NP, AM blinks in and starts working on Riki, fourth Anchor Smash hits Riki, Riki dies before Blink is up...

Thank you. I'd love to see your IDB

Well played sir.
Your point (and IDB) is quite valid and imaginative.

Level 21
I could be going off-topic, but I'll take the chance to make an impossible (IDB). What about if ALL Sentinel heroes level 25 face ALL Scourge heroes level 25? There are no items and the battle will start in 2 minutes. Who would win this massive conflict? I wonna hear your opinions about that! Here's already what I think:

Sentinel ultra-wins! Goblin Techies will already do the hard job. Some Remote Mines on Statis Traps and most of the Scourge gets annihilated already. Zeus ulti will damage all enemy heroes and with his passive, 11% HP already gone for everyone. Silencer will use his ulti and no Scourge hero can cast spells for some time; Faerie Dragon uses ulti and most enemy heroes are continuously stunned; omni uses ulti, all Sentinel heroes become invulnerable and in a minute, the Scourge heroes are literally crushed.

@Shadow Fury
Don't forgets Spectre + her deadly item set picking enemies one by one with Haunt, or Mordred deadly hits from her Coup de Grace killing tanks with her Blur. And of course : Invoker! Expect Chaos Meteor which tears apart health followed by deadly Sun Strikes.

Basically, both sides are flawed in some aspects. It's based in the initiation, items, damage and strategy.
My perspective.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I could be going off-topic, but I'll take the chance to make an impossible (IDB). What about if ALL Sentinel heroes level 25 face ALL Scourge heroes level 25? There are no items and the battle will start in 2 minutes. Who would win this massive conflict? I wonna hear your opinions about that! Here's already what I think:

Sentinel ultra-wins! Goblin Techies will already do the hard job. Some Remote Mines on Statis Traps and most of the Scourge gets annihilated already. Zeus ulti will damage all enemy heroes and with his passive, 11% HP already gone for everyone. Silencer will use his ulti and no Scourge hero can cast spells for some time; Faerie Dragon uses ulti and most enemy heroes are continuously stunned; omni uses ulti, all Sentinel heroes become invulnerable and in a minute, the Scourge heroes are literally crushed.

I agree. To my knowledge (and current memory) all the global ult heroes are in sentinel. Zeus, Nortrom. Except for Spectre, I neither play nor like that hero but I don't know what side she's at. I may be forgetting some obvious heroes here as well, but your idb seems impossible for scourge.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Have to agree with the global ultimate being mostly are in sentinels.
In my mind, the only one I remember being in scourge is Spectre.

Long time ago, when I was playing with people in internet cafe's, Faceless Void's ultimate was a global stun. It was OP. If that hero was in Scourge like it was like then, it wouldn't be fun for sentinels.

Status
Not open for further replies.