• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota 7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41

Clipboard02.jpg

Has anyone checked it out? It's nice that they're trying to pull farther away from things that made little sense. However, they tried to make the interface cleaner, but it's really just annoying. I liked the big buttons.

I also dislike the way they pull a tab when you check out something other than your hero. That tab doesn't even have a close button so you have to click next to it, sometimes ending up selecting something else instead, and it just doesn't go away. I have no clue what's the idea with this new interface. I much preferred the old style that'd return you to your hero when a hotkey was pressed.

The talent system would've been a good way to fix some things broken about the game, but they had to blow it:
  • -2 sec Magina Blink? As if he wasn't already the hardest hero to catch in the game. This sums up with spectre dagger pretty much anytime she wants, +600 cast range for Void's Q, and a move speed boost to every carry that's already a pain in the ass to grab.
  • Slark ulti scepter upgrade goes from 60sec cd to 30secs and turns aoe.
  • +200 life/dmg brain sap for Bane or a total of -240 undispellable enfeeble? Is this even a choice? Same goes for several others I saw: lvl 25 Arc Warden +175 dmg for spark wraith versus 30% life steal for a hero that loves getting divine rapiers.
  • Illusions. So, they now get many of the bonuses for attack speed. CK is pretty much going to rape right now. I think they even have a talent for him to increase the number of
  • Move speed to heroes who urgently need it, like silencer and rubick? No talents for that.
  • The new hero I believe is going to get nerfed soon enough. I see him putting other heroes on half HP with 1 spell.
Also, as I suspected it would, the game crashes a lot. :(

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Level 1
I dont play Dota2 and this update was something i never imagined they would attempt. Seems that they are not afraid of changes! So yeah, hats off to them!

I think backpack aka slots for consumables was needed, i always said that it was something that dota was lacking.

Regarding Talents.
Some talents arent well thought but i guess this is due to the fact that they created so many of them :). I guess changes WILL happen in the next updates.
To make talents more interesting and add more build options they could make the choices 3-4 instead of 2.
They could also make most skills' scalings be based on stats instead of pure numbers (like 300 damage etc).

Dota is not afraid to evolve, thats good, it will live.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rui
Level 10
Well, they probably should have given the update like week on the test servers. I have the same issues with the interface, and the monkey king preview is eating up my framerate, but on the other hand it really opens up space for other things to come. I expecially like the morphling bar for stat shift.

I see many of the talents as blanks, that will be added later into the game. Things like invokers +1 forge spirit (this should happen at lvl 10 though) and 360° deafening blast were already moved there.
On the other hand they have overdone it on some lvl 25 perks. I see magina's blink (We could talk about his agh now, which makes it even harder) and bane's enfeeble as the big offender here (although: When have you seen bane hitting lvl 23 in the last patch?). This will lead to making lockdowns and focusing down single heros even more important than it was, which is hardly possible in uncoordinated pubs.
But i think the talents will be greatly overhauled in the next few patches, so i dont mind.
Dota always went trough the way to leave the most powerfull feat of a hero while nerfing down the rest on him, except when it isn't possible anymore (See Arc warden, btw. rapier shouldnt work on him since 2 patches ago if i recall right).

From the few games i played, 7.00 geared the game to be more fast paced and made it more snowbally (With reduced comeback gold and talents which give small power spikes to heros with lv advantage), which i like to see how this affects the meta.

Overall, i'm looking for some small performance patches and then i look forward where it will go. I like to see the game evolving.

Level 22
Some talents look OP as fucked but I think it will get more and more balanced as the community plays it.
The new HUD looks fine in my opinion, I bekieve it can be resized.

The only thing I don't like is the 6.6 GB update. Up to now I'm still updating. Wage tokens about to expire.

Level 13
Been enjoying the patch so far. Except the new UI makes it harder for me to micro since I cannot re-position the camera on a unit in a control group by clicking on the portrait.

Level 25
I like the new patch, 9 slot inventory is gold for supports who still need to buy tp scrolls and wards in the lategame.
The new UI takes a bit of time to get used to, but I like it.

Been enjoying the patch so far. Except the new UI makes it harder for me to micro since I cannot re-position the camera on a unit in a control group by clicking on the portrait.
Isn't there a "focus on the selected unit" command?

Level 13
Not exactly. For heroes that have permanent units it can be easier, i.e Arc Warden who I can instead of tabbing then clicking the portrait can instead double tap the bind for "other units" which will exclusively select the Double and adjust the camera.

However, for example, Terrorblade, Rexxar, Visage, I've had a much harder time because there is more than one unit I want to micro/select. So when I try to select a particular unit in the control group I can't adjust the camera to the unit in group I want because the ability to click the portrait was removed. If you know how I can, do tell.

Level 25
A quick google revealed these commands:

alias "+centerunit" "dota_camera_lock 1"
alias "-centerunit" "dota_camera_lock 0"
bind "C" "+centerunit"

Try 'em and see what if they work for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.