• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change terrain does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi, is there a way to change terrain wia triggers (Environment - Change terrain type) that is not in the pallete? For example i dont have lordaeron snow in terrain palllete but i want to change terrain to lordaeron snow. (the function (Environment - Change terrain type) works only with terrain that is in the terrain palete)

Level 20
You can modify tileset. Advanced -> modify tileset. Cliff base tiles group 1, 2 and 3 can always be added to the tileset if there is remaining texture space and only cost 1 texture space so make sure you use the cheapest tiles and add it from there if you cant add a red tile. Also worth noting is that the order of tiles affects how they overlap. I believe those to the right will overlap those to the left. When the tile is in the tileset you should be able to change it with triggers.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Hi, is there a way to change terrain wia triggers (Environment - Change terrain type) that is not in the pallete? For example i dont have lordaeron snow in terrain palllete but i want to change terrain to lordaeron snow. (the function (Environment - Change terrain type) works only with terrain that is in the terrain palete)
As far as I know you're unable to to change the terrain type unless it's in your Pallette.

I just tested it on the latest patch and it was impossible to add Dungeon - Lava to the map using that Action. It had to be added with Modify Tileset first.

Last edited:
Level 18
As far as I know you're unable to to change the terrain type unless it's in your Pallette.

I just tested it on the latest patch and it was impossible to add Dungeon - Lava to the map using that Action. It had to be added with Modify Tileset first.
I guess that's just one of the many issues introduced in the latest patch, because I have no problem doing this in patch 1.31, and if it was an issue in 1.32 I assume people would've complained about it earlier.

You can modify tileset. Advanced -> modify tileset. Cliff base tiles group 1, 2 and 3 can always be added to the tileset if there is remaining texture space and only cost 1 texture space so make sure you use the cheapest tiles and add it from there if you cant add a red tile. Also worth noting is that the order of tiles affects how they overlap. I believe those to the right will overlap those to the left. When the tile is in the tileset you should be able to change it with triggers.
Just wanted to note that in later patches (at least since 1.31) all textures have the same cost of 1 space.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The legacy behaviour for the native was to change the terrain type to the specified terrain type only if the terrain type can be loaded, otherwise the terrain is changed to one of the already loaded terrain types.

A terrain type can only be loaded if less than 16 terrain types have already been loaded. This means the native is not able to bypass the 16 terrain type limit that World Editor has. Looking at the discussions in the community edition discord some aspects of this limit are backend, with the logic for terrain only working correctly with at most 16 terrain types.

Terrain types cannot be unloaded once loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.