• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trigger : Change Terrain : Barrens - Desert not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi

I am facing some strange issue which looks like a bug.

I am using a trigger to change the terrain in a region. It works fine with every terrains. Except Barrens - Desert.

When I change terrain to Barrens - Desert, it doesn't work and change terrain to Lordaeron earth ground instead. Nothing I can do with it.

The jass seems to be 'Bdsr' and still does not work.

I have to say it also does not work in conditions, checking if terrain is Barrens - Desert : it always return false.

Can anyone try it ?
Thanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The most likely cause for the problem you describe is that you have used more than 16 terrain types so any new terrain type is selected from the existing 16 terrain types, likely by integer overflow mechanics.

One can only allocate at most 16 terrain types. These are allocated first from dependant terrain types of cliff types, then of the tileset or custom tileset terrain types. Finally any free terrain type slots can be dynamically allocated by trigger. Once triggers allocate a terrain type they cannot deallocate it.

In other words the triggers have to follow the same 16 tile type maximum limit as the terrain editor does, except what tile types used can be dynamically selected once per game.

Level 3
The issue is not resolved and I can't manage to find its cause but I have made a workaround. I placed the desired tile in a region and then saved that tile in a variable, then i change terrain to that variable. It works this way, but the cause of the issue previously mentionned has not been resolved. The tile is part of my 16 tiles. I have not tried on a new map yet. Anyway the solution i use is fine so i wont try to find the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.