1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Change-Log: 2.0

Discussion in 'Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft' started by Craka_J, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This post includes all new features and additional content that was not included in the previous released versions of Wc3:WoW.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • No confirmed information to provide at the moment regarding races, classes, or spells.
    [​IMG]
    • No confirmed information to provide at the moment regarding items.
    [​IMG]
    • Character creation system redone completely. *
    • Player-Bots, mobs, and NPCs now have floating names above their heads. (OPTIONAL)
    • Mob respawn system is redone completely. *
    • Player-Bots behave more like players by performing random tasks such as grinding mobs for experience, going to a nearby town for quests and/or items, and actually make it seem like they are completing a quest and then turning it in.
    • Inviting a Player-Bot to your group no longer adds them to your party instantly. Now, Player-Bots have the option to decline your party invitation and will continue to decline your invitations, forcing the player to invite someone else.
    • Player-Bots have a somewhat improved A.I. and play their roles better than they did in previous versions - this system is far from complete, but noticeably better than before.
    • Class Trainers function more like they do in World of Warcraft.
    • You can mail items, gold, and text messages to your other saved characters!
    • The game auto-saves now every 1-2 minutes and whenever you exit the game through the "/quit" command. Also saves your X, Y, Z positioning on the map, so when you load the game, you'll be exactly where you were when you saved.
    • Horde guards now attack Alliance Player-Bots when they come close enough and Alliance guards now attack Horde Player-Bots when they come close enough.
    • Orc, Troll, and Tauren introduction narration cinematic.
    • Player has more control over the third person camera; can zoom in and out, rotate the camera left and right, and ascend or descend the camera up and down.
    • Created a custom menu that allows the player to further adjust the quality of the game and other settings of the mod to allow the player to modify the mod to fit their preferences and computer's performance.
    • Level cap. is 60.
    • World of Warcraft sounds and music in Wc3:WoW, including the original World of Warcraft main menu theme song.
    • Replaced old loading screens with real World of Warcraft loading screens.
    • Replaced old cursors with the ones from World of Warcraft.
    • Replaced & added many icons with World of Warcraft icons.
    Fixes:
    • Version 1.24 required to play.
    • You no longer gain experience when a friendly Player-Bot outside of your party kills something.
    • Arrow key movement system is smoother than it was before.
    • Wander ability removed from mobs so they don't run away constantly and reengage in combat.
    • Camera no longer 'falls' when crossing bridges (example: Thunder Bluff bridges)
    • All triggers have been redone completely in JASS.
    • Many leaks removed. *
    • All known crashing problems have been resolved. *
    • More fixes to come!
    NOTICE: This list is subject to change and there are many features, fixes, items, and spells still to add to this change-log.
    All listed content may not be truly 'done' nor started on. Listed content in this change-log, however, is what will be available in version 2.0.

Whatever has a is actually done.
    Whatever has a * is currently being worked on.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  2. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, that just means there are no GUI triggers in Wc3:WoW, so everything is now coded in JASS. It doesn't mean all the old triggers are still in Wc3:WoW, but in JASS form. Just means if there's anything in Wc3:WoW from this point on, it's in JASS or vJASS.

3. Oohforf

Oohforf

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see.

4. TD_PRO_2006

TD_PRO_2006

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    erm..... where can i download this map?
    i was searching half an hour now, but i didnt find anything :(
    please reply to me

5. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can't.

6. Metalbear

Metalbear

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Can I ask if an option for distance sight will be added? This can help alot for much more larger distance sight for ultra fast core duo and Quad computers or kind of less sight for older SSE technology processors and motherboards. I am sure you will add alot of objects to be drawed on the sight, so you understand it better then me what may happen.

7. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Field of View = Distance of Sight, if I understand what you're saying correctly. So yeah, it'll be in there.

8. Elthehablo

Elthehablo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, how much of file size will the complete campaign have like?

So... when is the map going to be finished, this year or later?

Hehe, can't wait for the new Beta to come!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
  9. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please don't spam, there is an edit button for a reason.

The campaign will be pretty big in file size. I'm not sure how big, but I wouldn't be surprised if it surpassed 500 mb

Not sure on when they are releasing it. They still have a lot of work to do, all you can do is be patient and wait.

10. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Merged posts.

The file size at the moment is about 70-75mb. I'm sure it will be 100mb or more when Durotar, Mulgore, Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Ragefire Chasm, and The Barrens are complete.

I haven't been working on the terrain because my World of Warcraft subscription has ended. I may consider using private servers from now on, but at the moment I'm taking a break from WoW and trying out other games, like Battlefield: Bad Company 2! :grin:

PS: As Yabooer has informed you, please use the edit button next time. If you continue to double or triple post, I will have to give you an infraction. :sad:

11. Oohforf

Oohforf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uh oh, teacher Craka. Be careful.

If you DO go on a private server, join mine :D http://wow.rtkgaming.com/

There are not really a lot of bugs, ulduar is pretty much fully scripted, naxx is scripted, and...yeah. But if there are bugs, they are kinda strange bugs.

I'm on server Aftermath. Name is Tyrannius. Guild calls me Tyra. =_=

12. mattstheman

mattstheman

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you are planning on going to a private server may I suggest Spermik:
    -over 1,000 people online
    -WotLK supported
    -currently patched to 3.3.2
    -few major bugs
    -100% blizzlike (no free leveling and such...)

http://wow.spermik.info/

13. Oohforf

Oohforf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it fully scripted? :p Go RTKgaming :D!

14. mattstheman

mattstheman

Resources:
    Resources:
    well I'm just suggesting a real server (no a 3x gold and what not) so that Craka can choose a blizzlike or a "hack" server.
    :grin:

15. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As much as I'd like to play on your server Oohforf, I think it would be best if I play on a 'blizz-like' private server for the closest real World of Warcraft experience, which the Wc3:WoW Team is trying to replicate in Wc3:WoW. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the pointers guys. I'll look into it when I get time.

16. Oohforf

Oohforf

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see what you are saying. Even if I didn't, it would not really matter :p.

RTK has a vanilla WoW server coming up though. :eek:

Edit: Oh, and btw, there is a guy who started a thread called "Seeking Spermik Players."

http://wow.rtkgaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6913&start=0

One guy said it sucks :(, it probably doesn't.

:eek: looks like it has a lot of players :)

17. mattstheman

mattstheman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well yea there are a few things to note. The many online players is a plus for auctions, questing and dungeons/raids. One thing though is that there is some lag when a lot of people are on, and some random d/c's that are epicly annoying.

This sounds pretty nice. Good for them, thats going to get tons of players.

18. Oohforf

Oohforf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but it will be kind of tough for players. Going to have to do some SERIOUS downpatching. And getting used to.

19. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    so when all these things are well 3/4 finish we get beta??!?!?!?!?

20. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pretty much.