Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What NOT To Expect

Discussion in 'Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft' started by Craka_J, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oblivion65

Oblivion65

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great, how about extracting the map model files of WoW and refer to that? It's atleast save your back someday. I also don't get how they are going to revamp all the maps like that. How about the people who cant afford Cataclysm? Does that mean WoW will lock them out of the game till they buy it? I don't get WoW anyway. Why is Blizzard asking people to buy the expansion pack anyway? Millions of people pay about $10-20 dollars a month to Blizzard and Blizzard tells them if they want more stuff in their game, give them $20 plus an extra $60 or else. If any case, Blizzard may be very innovative and creative here, but they are also complete jerks. They earn a profit every month and instead of treating their fans to extra content for free, they paste a price tag on it and demand even more money out of gamers that are ALREADY paying them money. This is one of the most evil types of medium there is.

If you compare WoW to another game of the same subcription based payment, such as EVE Online, you will realise Blizzard Entertainment is getting corrupt. EVE Online does indeed have the same subcription fees as WoW, but the difference is that it has released 10 FREE expansion packs and 1 more coming to boot. However, WoW has released 2 Expansion Packs that are almost the same price as the game itself. Both games are equally content packed in their expansions, but what happened to WoW I wonder?

Blizzard Entertainment, is even bringing this insult even further with StarCraft 2's Battle.net, even trying to place subcription fees there as well. In a nutshell, the Blizzard I knew that mantained free Battle.net is becoming another 'Microsoft'; increasingly money-minded and such.

P.S: Whoops, sorry...didn't know I became THAT angry with Blizzard all these years... just ignore this post...

2. shamanyouranus

shamanyouranus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Hmm, i was just wondering. Will an AI bot ever say no to your party invite?

3. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No screenshots soon since my damn PC isn't working.

AI Bots will sometimes decline your party invitations.

4. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Stupid AI's, they never listen when you try to talk with them :<
    And now they ever declines invites o_O god damn, life is hard sometimes :p

And sucks that your PC isn't working :( have been looking forward to see some good news, like pictures for example.

BTW, you got me back to wow Craka, i decided to start play wow after we talked, but damn, sucks that we cant play :<
    Started 3 weeks ago, im a level 70 dr00d, gonna try to get 80 in 1-2 weeks.
    Then its time to nerd arena :p

5. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Regarding the AI's chat, I have an idea. What about some random pointless chat like the one present in Counter-Strike's PODBot? And if a chat message entered by the player contains X word, the AI responds?

6. Azndragon

Azndragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    o.o

Sounds interesting but ALOT of the most interesting features are not included...

7. Evillizard

Evillizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    That could take a VERY long time to do. Of course, there isn't any rush. That would be EPIC.

Orcdudelol: Chuck Norris is awsome.

Orc Warrior: Chuck Norris is too awsome for you to say that. Take it back or I'll incapitate your cat.

8. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So should I expect it to be released?

9. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes you should, even if it wont happen ;-)
    also, you should expect that the campaign wont be released for a long, long, time.

10. tyranid51112

tyranid51112

Resources:
    Resources:
    when will the next release/beta test/thingy-ma-bober be out, if I may ask?

11. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They have no release date and they have no idea at all when the release will come, if it comes.

That question has been asked to many times already.

Craka, make a sticky telling people that there is no release date yet, and that people is not allowed to keep asking about the release date. :)

And name the thread something like "There is not release date.. yet"
    :p
    I actually hoped for some news when i saw that there were a new post here but noooo.. it was just another guy asking about release date :S

12. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The "Read This Before You Post" thread lists that there is no release date, so... I've done all that I can to answer simple questions. Besides, if I said no release date yet, people still ask "well can you guess!?"

13. tyranid51112

tyranid51112

Resources:
    Resources:
    well for one why i was asking was becuz i never have checked this project at all whatsoever, and two i just went to the last post, which was in this thread so i didnt go ahead of time and check the stickies and announcements

14. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    But when the title clearly says Read Before Posting you should do that.
    This is a problem that appears on the most forums, people does not read them.
    When they spend time on keeping a project and forum runing, you could atleast do them a favor and read the thread :)

15. Oohforf

Oohforf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hehe, not did I even read that thread, so I looked around, looking for the newest version. Didn't find it anywhere, so I assumed it wasn't ready yet. ^^.

16. Forgotten_Warlord

Forgotten_Warlord

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    A lot of the things that your not including wouldn't be too hard to make, like for mounts you could add an animation tag and have a mount under the unit according to their race, and saveable with integer, thats just a suggestion:)

Can you make a list of what is going to be playable?

17. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The changelog thread will contain all up-to-date information on what will be playable. I'm hoping to update it around early January though.

18. tyranid51112

tyranid51112

Resources:
    Resources:
    Told my friend about this being made and he asked if Alliance was being put in first and i slap him across the face with a book and called him a 'Non-Believa' lol.

Shows how many of my friends are for the Infe- I mean Alliance :p

19. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still, it looks nice so... I hope this projects gets so successful it'll attract more visitors to Hive... Who knows, even Blizzard... Hehe...

20. tyranid51112

tyranid51112

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope it attracts someone from Blizzard, cuz it'll show the uber powah of Warcraft3: WoW :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.