• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change-Log: 2.0

Level 25
This post includes all new features and additional content that was not included in the previous released versions of Wc3:WoW.

29b0xax.png

6xyo1k.png

• No confirmed information to provide at the moment regarding races, classes, or spells.
2zdvi3b.png

• No confirmed information to provide at the moment regarding items.
28838fb.png

• Character creation system redone completely. *
  • Player-Bots, mobs, and NPCs now have floating names above their heads. (OPTIONAL)
  • Mob respawn system is redone completely. *
  • Player-Bots behave more like players by performing random tasks such as grinding mobs for experience, going to a nearby town for quests and/or items, and actually make it seem like they are completing a quest and then turning it in.
  • Inviting a Player-Bot to your group no longer adds them to your party instantly. Now, Player-Bots have the option to decline your party invitation and will continue to decline your invitations, forcing the player to invite someone else.
  • Player-Bots have a somewhat improved A.I. and play their roles better than they did in previous versions - this system is far from complete, but noticeably better than before.
  • Class Trainers function more like they do in World of Warcraft.
  • You can mail items, gold, and text messages to your other saved characters!
  • The game auto-saves now every 1-2 minutes and whenever you exit the game through the "/quit" command. Also saves your X, Y, Z positioning on the map, so when you load the game, you'll be exactly where you were when you saved.
  • Horde guards now attack Alliance Player-Bots when they come close enough and Alliance guards now attack Horde Player-Bots when they come close enough.
  • Orc, Troll, and Tauren introduction narration cinematic.
  • Player has more control over the third person camera; can zoom in and out, rotate the camera left and right, and ascend or descend the camera up and down.
  • Created a custom menu that allows the player to further adjust the quality of the game and other settings of the mod to allow the player to modify the mod to fit their preferences and computer's performance.
  • Level cap. is 60.
  • World of Warcraft sounds and music in Wc3:WoW, including the original World of Warcraft main menu theme song.
  • Replaced old loading screens with real World of Warcraft loading screens.
  • Replaced old cursors with the ones from World of Warcraft.
  • Replaced & added many icons with World of Warcraft icons.
Fixes:
  • Version 1.24 required to play.
  • You no longer gain experience when a friendly Player-Bot outside of your party kills something.
  • Arrow key movement system is smoother than it was before.
  • Wander ability removed from mobs so they don't run away constantly and reengage in combat.
  • Camera no longer 'falls' when crossing bridges (example: Thunder Bluff bridges)
  • All triggers have been redone completely in JASS.
  • Many leaks removed. *
  • All known crashing problems have been resolved. *
  • More fixes to come!
NOTICE: This list is subject to change and there are many features, fixes, items, and spells still to add to this change-log.
All listed content may not be truly 'done' nor started on. Listed content in this change-log, however, is what will be available in version 2.0.

Whatever has a is actually done.
Whatever has a * is currently being worked on.

Last edited:
Level 25
Actually, that just means there are no GUI triggers in Wc3:WoW, so everything is now coded in JASS. It doesn't mean all the old triggers are still in Wc3:WoW, but in JASS form. Just means if there's anything in Wc3:WoW from this point on, it's in JASS or vJASS.

Reactions: TpM
Level 6
Can I ask if an option for distance sight will be added? This can help alot for much more larger distance sight for ultra fast core duo and Quad computers or kind of less sight for older SSE technology processors and motherboards. I am sure you will add alot of objects to be drawed on the sight, so you understand it better then me what may happen.

Level 8
Please don't spam, there is an edit button for a reason.

The campaign will be pretty big in file size. I'm not sure how big, but I wouldn't be surprised if it surpassed 500 mb

Not sure on when they are releasing it. They still have a lot of work to do, all you can do is be patient and wait.

Level 25
Merged posts.

The file size at the moment is about 70-75mb. I'm sure it will be 100mb or more when Durotar, Mulgore, Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Ragefire Chasm, and The Barrens are complete.

I haven't been working on the terrain because my World of Warcraft subscription has ended. I may consider using private servers from now on, but at the moment I'm taking a break from WoW and trying out other games, like Battlefield: Bad Company 2! :grin:

PS: As Yabooer has informed you, please use the edit button next time. If you continue to double or triple post, I will have to give you an infraction. :sad:

Level 6
Merged posts.

The file size at the moment is about 70-75mb. I'm sure it will be 100mb or more when Durotar, Mulgore, Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Ragefire Chasm, and The Barrens are complete.

I haven't been working on the terrain because my World of Warcraft subscription has ended. I may consider using private servers from now on, but at the moment I'm taking a break from WoW and trying out other games, like Battlefield: Bad Company 2! :grin:

PS: As Yabooer has informed you, please use the edit button next time. If you continue to double or triple post, I will have to give you an infraction. :sad:

Uh oh, teacher Craka. Be careful.

If you DO go on a private server, join mine :D http://wow.rtkgaming.com/

There are not really a lot of bugs, ulduar is pretty much fully scripted, naxx is scripted, and...yeah. But if there are bugs, they are kinda strange bugs.

I'm on server Aftermath. Name is Tyrannius. Guild calls me Tyra. =_=

Level 25
As much as I'd like to play on your server Oohforf, I think it would be best if I play on a 'blizz-like' private server for the closest real World of Warcraft experience, which the Wc3:WoW Team is trying to replicate in Wc3:WoW. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the pointers guys. I'll look into it when I get time.

Level 5
Well yea there are a few things to note. The many online players is a plus for auctions, questing and dungeons/raids. One thing though is that there is some lag when a lot of people are on, and some random d/c's that are epicly annoying.

RTK has a vanilla WoW server coming up though. :eek:

This sounds pretty nice. Good for them, thats going to get tons of players.

Level 6
Yeah, but it will be kind of tough for players. Going to have to do some SERIOUS downpatching. And getting used to.

Level 9
This post includes all new features and additional content that was not included in the previous released versions of Wc3:WoW.

29b0xax.png

6xyo1k.png
  • No confirmed information to provide at the moment regarding races, classes, or spells.

2zdvi3b.png
  • No confirmed information to provide at the moment regarding items.

28838fb.png
  • Character creation system redone completely. *
  • Player-Bots, mobs, and NPCs now have floating names above their heads. (OPTIONAL)
  • Mob respawn system is redone completely. *
  • Player-Bots behave more like players by performing random tasks such as grinding mobs for experience, going to a nearby town for quests and/or items, and actually make it seem like they are completing a quest and then turning it in.
  • Inviting a Player-Bot to your group no longer adds them to your party instantly. Now, Player-Bots have the option to decline your party invitation and will continue to decline your invitations, forcing the player to invite someone else.
  • Player-Bots have a somewhat improved A.I. and play their roles better than they did in previous versions - this system is far from complete, but noticeably better than before.
  • Class Trainers function more like they do in World of Warcraft.
  • You can mail items, gold, and text messages to your other saved characters!
  • The game auto-saves now every 1-2 minutes and whenever you exit the game through the "/quit" command. Also saves your X, Y, Z positioning on the map, so when you load the game, you'll be exactly where you were when you saved.
  • Horde guards now attack Alliance Player-Bots when they come close enough and Alliance guards now attack Horde Player-Bots when they come close enough.
  • Orc, Troll, and Tauren introduction narration cinematic.
  • Player has more control over the third person camera; can zoom in and out, rotate the camera left and right, and ascend or descend the camera up and down.
  • Created a custom menu that allows the player to further adjust the quality of the game and other settings of the mod to allow the player to modify the mod to fit their preferences and computer's performance.
  • Level cap. is 60.
  • World of Warcraft sounds and music in Wc3:WoW, including the original World of Warcraft main menu theme song.
  • Replaced old loading screens with real World of Warcraft loading screens.
  • Replaced old cursors with the ones from World of Warcraft.
  • Replaced & added many icons with World of Warcraft icons.

Fixes:
  • Version 1.24 required to play.
  • You no longer gain experience when a friendly Player-Bot outside of your party kills something.
  • Arrow key movement system is smoother than it was before.
  • Wander ability removed from mobs so they don't run away constantly and reengage in combat.
  • Camera no longer 'falls' when crossing bridges (example: Thunder Bluff bridges)
  • All triggers have been redone completely in JASS.
  • Many leaks removed. *
  • All known crashing problems have been resolved. *
  • More fixes to come!

NOTICE: This list is subject to change and there are many features, fixes, items, and spells still to add to this change-log.
All listed content may not be truly 'done' nor started on. Listed content in this change-log, however, is what will be available in version 2.0.

Whatever has a is actually done.
Whatever has a * is currently being worked on.

so when all these things are well 3/4 finish we get beta??!?!?!?!?

Level 8
What is that? Why are you advertising your private server? Go post it in the WoW section. This is Wc3 WoW, completely different.

Level 6
Off topic 100 %, sry mods nowhere to post this

RTK is bad, i played it with my friends for like 2 years and its just dumb, mods are bad,community is bad, pvp is rofl ppl afking there 24/7, i was like u btw and wanted 'the closest to retail' , but it didnt just turn out.

Meh, i am at 20x now(molten wow), it has much MUCH bigger community+way stable core, ya too bad can level up rly well and farm gold but way more instances avalaible at 80, and pvp is slighty better, so i suggest going there if u havent been
www.molten-wow.com
dunno about spermik but i checked it multiple times and i didnt like something about it, gonna post later

Are you referring to me?

Old topic is old? I don't even play WoW anymore.

Level 4
Off topic 100 %, sry mods nowhere to post this

RTK is bad, i played it with my friends for like 2 years and its just dumb, mods are bad,community is bad, pvp is rofl ppl afking there 24/7, i was like u btw and wanted 'the closest to retail' , but it didnt just turn out.

Meh, i am at 20x now(molten wow), it has much MUCH bigger community+way stable core, ya too bad can level up rly well and farm gold but way more instances avalaible at 80, and pvp is slighty better, so i suggest going there if u havent been
www.molten-wow.com
dunno about spermik but i checked it multiple times and i didnt like something about it, gonna post later

This does smell like advertisement...........

Level 5
Craka_J, As seeing you last updated the change-log on February 2nd, 2010, when can we expect another update to see how things are going so far?

Level 3
DEAD!? it cant be dead, this project has been worked on for so long, it cant just die, you nead to continue work on this, get new members if others dont come online anymore and do nothing, and maybe start posting new screenshots of terrain to get more people interested, comon you gota continue this awsome project:thumbs_up:

Level 8
Actually it isn't on hold, Craka has been putting off Ardent Heroes (Other RPG) to terrain Wc3 WoW, just for you guys.

Level 4
I will most likely release something next week. :wink:

Most excellent news, but with all due respect, during the time wc3 wow is being developed I could have probably written a game that at least resembles to WoW from scratch :p So I guess its only fair :)