1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

{CLOSED} Change-Log: N/A

Discussion in 'Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft' started by Craka_J, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A new virus has been made. First, it is started by downloading some odd file, but does nothing. But then when you sign on MSN or some other Messanger, it will send the virus itself to all of your friends instantly as a file such as "Image101". It is usually as a compressed file and a very low filesize, making it very quick to download. The virus does not start its actions until you actually unzip the file. But once it is unzipped, it will attack instantly and give you errors. Later on, when you're not expecting it, you'll be on MSN and then it sends itself again to everyone, your PC freezes as it does its job and lets you watch. It even sends you to awkward websites with messages like: "Check out my myspace! It is so cool!" in google or something. A clever virus, and I can't seem to get rid of it yet. Time to run a full scan.

I highly advise you delete the file that was sent and run a full virus scan, scan disk, and defragmenter. Anything else to prevent the virus from attacking is necessary since This seems to be a tough virus.

Sorry, for sending the virus. The virus disabled my keyboard and mouse, thus I could not do anything but shut down my PC immediately. But you downloaded the file really fast so I couldn't do anything.

But enough of this, time to talk about the beta: I'm still grounded and cannot get on the PC with WC3 on Wc3:WoW on it. Therefore I cannot do much to ensure that the Closed Beta is launched this weekend. But I am trying very hard still to get it out there. So beta testers, keep your fingers crossed!
    ~Craka_J

2. Saitek009

Saitek009

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So dial-up users are protected! Yahooo!
    I finally found one thing that doesn't suck about dial-up internet!

3. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well the file is like... 40kb or something so... even 26k users will download it pretty quickly :p

Sorry to ruin your happy moment. :smile:
    ~Craka_J

4. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  5. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That virus has been going on for a bit longer than they think. I first saw the virus like a year ago. :p Glad to hear they've finally done something about it though.
    ~Craka_J

6. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    how can you add and revamp the same class? wouldn't you just add it?

7. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Because they're already added, but are extremely inaccurate. Also, some of the other classes such as Mage aren't exactly playable yet. But I'm planning on changing that.
    ~Craka_J

8. Ghost-

Ghost-

Resources:
    Resources:
    How long time will there go before the new Open Beta comes? 1 month or ?

9. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No idea. But I really want to get the second Closed Beta (First Closed Beta was more of a give-away a few months ago) released some time this week, or better yet, today! These sorts of things never happen according to plan for some reason but I'm trying really hard to keep the team motivated and to get this stuff done and over with that way our Closed Beta Testers can have something to do.

@Closed Beta Testers: Also keep in mind that if you do not report bugs, ideas, suggestions and other problems with Wc3:WoW, you will be removed from the Closed Beta list. Being a beta tester is a privilage, but requires a small price to be paid (Helping us out with finding bugs and glitches) in order to keep this privilage.
    ~Craka_J

10. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    That would be awesome! Although I hope it's a step ahead of the last one!

11. Ghost-

Ghost-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hows the upcoming open Beta coming / Hows it going with it ?
    And is my signature too big ? :O

EDIT1: It dosen't fit right in :O :p
    EDIT2: Deleted it ^^

12. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The closed beta will most likely be released today. When today, I do not know. It may also be released tomorrow instead because there's been a couple technical malfunctions with importing the new triggers and spells into the campaign.
    ~Craka_J

13. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I had to remove the "Talent System" from the change-log since it will no longer be featured in the upcoming beta. There still is a very, very, slight chance that it will be in the mod, but extremely doubtful. This is due to it being hard to make in the first place, all spells are not completed for the campaign yet either which triples the difficulty of this being made well, and vJASS doesn't comply with Campaigns apparently so that is out of the question until there is a solution for vJASS to work with campaigns.

Most likely however, the Talent System will be in the Open Beta after this one. We apologize for this great loss! Again it is not definite yet, but certainly very probable.
    ~Craka_J

14. ickus101

ickus101

Resources:
    Resources:
    how will the inventory work?

15. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is also something we may need to hold on. The inventory system we wish to put in will be similar to TKoK's inventory system, but we do not have many items done so it will be pointless to make. However once we start making quests, we will start making items a lot more and they will be accurately made to have the same stats. So probably around then we'll add an inventory system. But right now, it is kind of pointless. :\
    ~Craka_J

16. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    You better get the same kind of system TKoK used, it was insane!

17. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well it was all created by VexenX and was not released publicly to the Hive, Wc3Campaigns, or any other websites. Though I will ask for such a system as politely as I can. VexenX has already given us his party status multiboard generously since we helped advertise his project greatly with over 100 hits!

I will see what I can do. But do not expect much.
    ~Craka_J

18. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll spam him with emails! jk

19. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    People keep asking me if you will be able to customize your character or have equipped gear appear on your character. Time to give a public answer:
    Most likely we will not have this included!
    Though some things may be shown when equipped (Weapons, helmets, capes, and shields), other things will not be shown. Though we're soon going to tackle the items and equipment system soon so... lets hope we get it done before we decide to release this publicly (Which is when at least three classes worth of spells are done) in the Downloads page.

Fans are also asking what classes will definitely be included in the Open Beta, since we are beginning to decide to quit the production of spells for some classes. And now, a public answer to that question as well:
    Priest ; Rogue ; and Warrior are the three main classes we are focussing on most to have completed. But we plan to get either the Mage and or Hunter done afterwards. Hopefully we can get them both done quickly, which is highly unlikely for the fact we have one main active spells creator now.

~Craka_J

20. Overdose

Overdose

Resources:
    Resources:
    i am just curious,
    you making kalimdor ect.
    how you get to stormwind bcouse its one of te loc's ont the list :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.