• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Impossible Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change Log
v0.2 Updates
-Increased Assault Rifle Damage by +1.0
-Added new weapon: Flamethrower
-Revamped Wave Spawn System
-Added Debug Console Dialog
-Fixed Knockback
-Tweaked Damage Script
-Added Inventory System
-Added Item System
-Added Reload System
v0.3 Updates
-Fixed some glitches
-Added respawn every 10 waves for dead allied players
-Zerglings 25% slower at start-Waves begin at 30 seconds into game now
v0.4 Updates
-Dead teammates now revive every 5th wave
-Increased Shotgun Damage +1.1
-Revamped Items System
-Added Ammo Drop AI Command
-Hostile Units Spawn Pattern Changed
v0.5 Updates
-Wave Rest Timer is 5x as long as default every 15th wave to give players a chance to recover and kill off all hostiles on the map.
-Many scripts are now better organized & a little more efficient.
-Some errors have been fixed
-New dialogues
v0.6 Updates
-Ammo is weapon-specific now; multiple ammo-types now exist
-AI is more efficient
-Change Log & Instructions dialogues have new buttons
-Inventory System now displays the items for selected unit
-New items: 5.56mm, 7.62mm, 12 gauge, gasoline, and 9mm ammo
-Item class field added
-Global ammo removed
v0.7 pending...
-

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
An example is a Zergling that upgrades in health and speed every wave:

Remember that values like speed really need to have diminishing gain rates. Once a certain speed is exceeded it becomes irritating to watch as they appear to teleport around the screen (often irraticlly). Additionally with enough speed they are as good as melee units just blinking ontop of you. Be aware of this problem occuring if people survive long enough (not that your map has it in most games).

Today Impossible Odds is on Page 3.
I can not seem to find it... I even searched for "Impossible odds" and it said no games found. This is the reason I can not really provide you with any real playtesting feedback.

Remember that values like speed really need to have diminishing gain rates. Once a certain speed is exceeded it becomes irritating to watch as they appear to teleport around the screen (often irraticlly). Additionally with enough speed they are as good as melee units just blinking ontop of you. Be aware of this problem occuring if people survive long enough (not that your map has it in most games).

I can not seem to find it... I even searched for "Impossible odds" and it said no games found. This is the reason I can not really provide you with any real playtesting feedback.

It's on page 5 now because today I haven't been able to update it or play it at all. Is B.net 2.0 region split? I'm in North America...

Status
Not open for further replies.