• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map project: Zealot Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
a map powered by:
attachment.php

'Zealot Defense'

Zealot_%28StarCraft%29.png

attachment.php

attachment.php

81027d1272755379-post-your-custom-ui-ui.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

About the map

'The map will take place in the starcraft 2 universe, where a lonely Zealot has defend himself against houndreds of waves of enemies.
You will play this zealot, him and his unique abilities to survive the waves, which consists of all different sc2 races.
The map is mainly a Survival/Defense map, where you have to hold a position, and have to defend it.
Every x seconds, a new wave will spawn, which consists of different units.
This map is gonna be a hack'n'slash, where you don't give your unit attack orders. With arrow keys, you can move your zealot, and you can attack
with simple mouseclicks. No real aiming, just click the hell out of your fingers!
'

Additional Information

Map author/idea: Amigurumi
Map Size: Very small
Players: Singleplayer/Multiplayer
Genre: Survival/Defense

Game Features

'Like I mentioned before, you play a single zealot, with special abilities, items and upgrades. You have to defend your mothership for x minutes.
You move your zealot with arrow keys (aka: up: your zealot moves north, down: your zealot moves south, left: your zealot moves west, right: your zealot moves east.
The Zealot attacks whenever you press the left/right (undecided yet) mouse button. But he won't just attack the target you selected.
No, he just attacks in front of him, dealing damage to all enemies in front of him, like a small AOE. So you can run and attack, which gives you
a perfect hack'n'slash feeling, with blood everywhere!
You can buy items, like increasing your shield capacity, life, mana, items which give you special advantages in battle.
I'm not sure yet, if I should add a custom inventory, but let's see.
'

Story

'I don't have any story yet, but it will definately get one!'

Waves

'Waves consists of different units with different abilities. The first units will be fixed ones, but in later game, they gain random abilities, to alter the
gaming experience. Each wave have masses of enemies, so you can
easily create a bloodbath and running into those masses, to slaughter them all with your psi-powers.
After every x level, there will be a boss, where you have to know a good tactic to defeat it. So bosses are mainly there to add some tactics.
'

Wave:Unit Type:Amount:Abilities:
attachment.php
5x5
-
attachment.php
/
attachment.php
5x5/5x1
-/-
attachment.php
/
attachment.php
5x17/5x3
-/-
attachment.php
10x15
Very Fast

more information soon...

I would be happy, if you could post some feedback, suggestions and improvements here!

Update: 4-24-2010 9:28
- created the first 3 waves, the wave system, so it only takes some seconds to add a new wave
- 2 different wave unit atm
- terrain 60% finished

Update: 4-24-2010 10:22
- added wave information
- added one editor screenshot

Update: 4-25-2010 15:54
- movement system is finished!
- created hero (no abilities yet)

Update: 4-25-2010 23:02
- started the custom UI tutorial
- uploaded 3 images of the tutorial
- custom UI in progress!

Update: 4-26-2010
- attack system is finished
- cUI is in progress
- added new video about the new systems

Update: 4-28-2010 21:47
- worked on custom UI.
- health, shield and energy bars are made and work perfectly
- one new wave

5-2-2010 1:13
- remade the whole UI
- custom portrait ui
- better ability bar
- going to add new and better menu
- added a screenshot

Attachments

• Shee[P]roductionHeaderSmall.jpg
    Shee[P]roductionHeaderSmall.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,513
  • zergling.gif
    zergling.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 2,149
  • roach.gif
    roach.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 2,150
  • ZealotDefenseMapOverview.jpg
    ZealotDefenseMapOverview.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 1,426
  • Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,311
  • cUI Tut01.jpg
    cUI Tut01.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 1,162
  • cUI Tut02.jpg
    cUI Tut02.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 1,172
  • cUI Tut03.jpg
    cUI Tut03.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 1,152
  • cUIPreview.jpg
    cUIPreview.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 1,632
  • broodling.gif
    broodling.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,486
Last edited:
Level 23
If u need something of the usual stuff I can do for you, and if I can do it for galaxy editor, let me know.
I'll give my best to help you with this awesome sounding project, even if I won't be able to play it myself, I guess. Or at least not in the nearer future.

Level 14
Nice!
And now I CAN play Starcraft II. Huzzah.. Your map will be the first I play. :D

Nice!
And now I CAN play Starcraft II. Huzzah.. Your map will be the first I play. :D

lol thanks :D
Well I don't know how long this map will take me to do it.
I try to add as many different items/abilities as I can, so the players can have
different tactics.
I will upload in a few seconds the movement system as a youtube video!

[EDIT]
Video added!

Update: 4-25-2010 23:02
- started the custom UI tutorial
- uploaded 3 images of the tutorial
- custom UI in progress!

Last edited:
Level 3
Wow this is looking great! I'm so excited to play some SC2 custom maps!

Btw could you show how the attacking works?

Level 14
I guess now we, mapmakers, got a REAL unlimited editor... That's awesome, dude. Good job.

looks really nice, my friend is looking forward to your custom ui tutorial½
I didn't have planned to make a tutorial for custom ui.

Nice Looking forward to it when we finally can play those maps made by ourselves.
Yes, blizzard should allow to play custom made maps :(

mother of mercy, the attack system is awesome :D
thanks <3

[EDIT]

5-2-2010 1:13
- remade the whole UI
- custom portrait ui
- better ability bar
- going to add new and better menu
- added a screenshot

Last edited:
Level 7
I have some ideas!

Make different zealot "models" like how they do in wc3 with the different weapons.

That way you can tell different heros apart. like lets say you want to play an agi. based zealot. he could have the double scythe like the dark templar. he could attack faster take less blah blah blah. Another could be like the "caster" zealot. he would have more energy to cast more. maybe instead of a weapon he just shot lightning like the archon. Could have a little more range. so on and so forth!!!

Edit

Instead of that you could even do an equip system. like when you got the certain weapon equipped it shows it on your hero. and obviously the different weapons would give different bonuses

Level 1
Hey I love your idea so far. It reminds me a lot like those awesome WC3 rpgs where you have to defend and stuff with your team. But umm here is where my suggestion comes - maybe you can try to make the map a little bit tropical, you know add some green, tropical trees, waterfalls. And change the bunker/base walls to be like (god how do you say that in English) when they get old and they are in a forest they have green all over em. Like some abandoned place. Would be totally awesome. When you experience maybe your model can change (like character evolution). From zealot to dark templar or w/e the name is (the invisible unit). I've got many ideas, and I just have them in my mind, but that's cause I don't know how to work with the editor. Maybe I can help you with some ideas? I can make some concept art and help out with whatever I can ^^. Once again, I love your project!

Will there be like a skill tree? Or like levels or anything?
I want to totally redo my ideas. I stopped with the idea of merchants, where you can buy
items/abilities. I thought of adding a buy menu, with many categories like weapons, items,
shield upgrades, overall upgrades and abilities of different types.
But I don't think that I will add skilltrees. You can buy what you want, so you don't
get always the same heroes.

That way you can tell different heros apart. like lets say you want to play an agi. based zealot. he could have the double scythe like the dark templar. he could attack faster take less blah blah blah. Another could be like the "caster" zealot. he would have more energy to cast more. maybe instead of a weapon he just shot lightning like the archon. Could have a little more range. so on and so forth!!!
I already thought of making the dark templar to an additional class. I dunno how to model
with sc2 models, and I think my programs aren't good enough, so I have to wait for models
or I have to think of something else.
About the different types: I'll add that later, and not in the alpha, but good idea, thanks!

Hey I love your idea so far. It reminds me a lot like those awesome WC3 rpgs where you have to defend and stuff with your team. But umm here is where my suggestion comes - maybe you can try to make the map a little bit tropical, you know add some green, tropical trees, waterfalls. And change the bunker/base walls to be like (god how do you say that in English) when they get old and they are in a forest they have green all over em. Like some abandoned place. Would be totally awesome. When you experience maybe your model can change (like character evolution). From zealot to dark templar or w/e the name is (the invisible unit). I've got many ideas, and I just have them in my mind, but that's cause I don't know how to work with the editor. Maybe I can help you with some ideas? I can make some concept art and help out with whatever I can ^^. Once again, I love your project!
This is not the final terrain :) . I think I will reterrain everything before I release the alpha
because this was just playing with the terrain tools, nothing big in mind.
But the idea with the abandoned place, like a temple of the protoss. Great idea!

Thanks for your comments guys, +rep!

Level 1
This is not the final terrain :) . I think I will reterrain everything before I release the alpha
because this was just playing with the terrain tools, nothing big in mind.
But the idea with the abandoned place, like a temple of the protoss. Great idea!

Thanks for your comments guys, +rep!
Sweet :grin: ! When the beta hits, I'll help with the testing and let you know what I think about it. And once again, keep up the awesome job!

Level 1
so you will be buying abillities? Then you dont need levels. also what about a rank system where you can save and load next time you play. Like for each rank you get +1 to all stats or whatever?

Level 1
Yeah well i mean like a rank save system so you get bonus stats at start of game till the end, and the higher ranks you get a larger bonus stat. Plus you will still be able to buy stats etc.

Yeah well i mean like a rank save system so you get bonus stats at start of game till the end, and the higher ranks you get a larger bonus stat. Plus you will still be able to buy stats etc.

well, that seems a bit imbalanced, if a hero would have quite high stats
at the beginning. But an idea would be, that the more your bonus points (rank)
are/is, then you can buy better abilities.
+rep for the idea.

Level 7
i agree that +stats with rank is a bit to much.if there was a bonus it should be tiny. one that is not that noticeable. depending on how ranks are set up something maybe as small as +1 attack/rank or +1 hp/shields. oh and amigurumi i am tryin to figure out how to detach things from models so you could use the zealot model with different weapons for different "classes" if you want ill let you know when i find out if not ill prolly use it myself lol!

sorry for the long timeout I had. I got the german editor, and you can't do anything triggering with
it, because of the missing strings in dialog and so on.
But now I got the US one again, so I can continue :D
I will post a youtube video when I finished the basics of the buymenu.

@ shadonavan: would be great :D

[EDIT]
Got some problems with the editor again, so I have a small break again, sorry guys :/

Last edited:
Level 2
Yo, map is awesome! Keep up the good work. Il check your channel here and there from time to time. So il try to figure out some ideas and suggestions.

+Rep

Level 2
That would be awesome, i am preordering SC2 in a week or so, so il ask for a map to test it, also i can help with the testing of future versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.