• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Change bear/falcon/porcupine style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone,

I'm working on a personal map. I've been using the bear and the falcon models. Then I changed the terrain, from easter of Lordaeron (or something like that) to winter. I noticed the bear and the falcon both became white, I totally forgot the terrain was going to change their color!

I was wondering if there was a way to unallow the editor to change it automatically, as the path remains the same for every version.

What versions exist by the way? The "normal" one (brown), the winter one (white), but aren't there black versions or something like that?

Thanks for your answers!

Level 21
Hello everyone,

I'm working on a personal map. I've been using the bear and the falcon models. Then I changed the terrain, from easter of Lordaeron (or something like that) to winter. I noticed the bear and the falcon both became white, I totally forgot the terrain was going to change their color!

I was wondering if there was a way to unallow the editor to change it automatically, as the path remains the same for every version.

What versions exist by the way? The "normal" one (brown), the winter one (white), but aren't there black versions or something like that?

Thanks for your answers!

As far as I know there are no falcons.
Anyways, you can still use creeps from all tilesets, can you not?

If you are using imported models, then your problem is about replaceable textures.

Level 7
By Falcon he means the Spirit Hawk Model.

You can use a black model of the Hawk by using Medivin and in the required animation name field put "Alternate".

There is also a brown bear model the Night Druid of the Claw "Alternate" model.

If either of these don't suffice there is another way but it requires extracting and importing a custom texture. Do you know how to do that?

Level 2
Thank you for your answers, guys.

Yes, I meant the hawk (sorry, in the french version, it became a falcon, no idea why...) and yes, I know how I could do that, but I thought there would be a way to use the black/brown bear/hawk/porcupine without changing the basic terrain...

I wish there was, as the raven and the druid-bear aren't really what I'm looking for :(

Level 2
Thanks Marshmalo, I didn't think I could use that trick :)

En Tropy, no I don't, I'm sure it's because when you change the basic terrain, the skin associated with the bear/hawk/porcupine business automatically changes. I wouldn't have noticed that if I didn't play Rexxar campaign, where his pets change of skin depending on the map.

Edit : Is there anything I should do to show that my problem is solved ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.