• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Casting spells on spell immuned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
My Custom Multishot is almost complete. The only thing left to do is: make it hit magic immune enemies.
My Multishot is creating a dummy, that is "casting arrows" - a spell, with missile art = arrow.
The problem is that the dummy can't target magic immune enemies with this arrow.

I read another post, related to this issue, and I tried to remove the unit's immunity (I gave it back after 0,00 seconds). The arrow really launched, but it didn't deal any damage. I am triggering the damage, but for the event I have "A unit takes 0 damage", and as condition "Damaged Unit has a buff, applied by the arrow". I can't tell if this way of doing it prevents the event from runing, or it doesn't apply the buff OR BOTH. But it isn't working (against magic immune enemies).

Any solution(s)?

Level 16
I read another post, related to this issue, and I tried to remove the unit's immunity (I gave it back after 0,00 seconds).

This would only work if you used a DDS and gave the immunity back after the unit had received damage from the arrow. Trouble with this is the unit is vulnerable to other spells during this time. If you explained how your multishot works and what it does, I might beable to think of a solution.

- You might beable to trigger the effect of this "arrow" ability depending on what it does. You can deal damage, modify a unit's movement speed and pause units (like stunning) with GUI. Special effects will give the visuals of these actions.

- You could also trigger the effects of magic immunity too I suppose. Every spell could check if a unit has a magic immunity item/ability and apply different actions accordingly.

Level 12
This would only work if you used a DDS and gave the immunity back after the unit had received damage from the arrow. Trouble with this is the unit is vulnerable to other spells during this time. If you explained how your multishot works and what it does, I might beable to think of a solution.

- You might beable to trigger the effect of this "arrow" ability depending on what it does. You can deal damage, modify a unit's movement speed and pause units (like stunning) with GUI. Special effects will give the visuals of these actions.

- You could also trigger the effects of magic immunity too I suppose. Every spell could check if a unit has a magic immunity item/ability and apply different actions accordingly.
You can see my multishot, by following the link in my signature.
If you're ability is based on Channel, check the Universal Cast in the Option of the Channel ability in Object Editor.
Nope, my multishot is based on Acid Bomb. I couldn't figure a way 1: how to make a dummy cast Channel on a unit. 2: how to give missile art to channel. 3: how to give a custom buff to Channel.

Ofc I could make it a dummy ability, and make the dummy cast the actual spells, but I already am doing that, without using channel.

Level 24
Try changing the ability to Hero ability.
Make it require at least level 6.
(You dont have to do anything else I suppose.)

You could make the missile be done by a missile system which opens much more possibilities but apart from that, it is able to hit technically everything.

Level 12
Well, I got an idea how to make it work, but I need to learn at least the basics of Jass... Every time I create a trigger in Jass it gives me some kind of errors, but that's to be expected, considering I don't know how to do it yet xD

Level 12
I guess I will test that. But I kind a had to learn Jass' basics sooner or later.
I had no idea that I need to put most of the scripts players post on this forum in the custom script of the map. Didn't even know it was there :D
No wonder the triggers I've tried to compose completely in jass weren't working :p

EDIT: Nope, setting it doesn't work, made it hero ability and made it require 6lvl, but didn't work.

Level 12

That could be a lot of work depending on the map.

Anyway, the bigger issue is that spell immunity tells you that you can't cast the spell on that target and doesn't use mana or start the cooldown. I don't know if you can properly fully mimic that (though you could settle for different magic immunity where they just take no damage and no effects from spells).

That acid bomb thing sounds weird. Might check it out, but just reading on these posts, it doesn't sound like it should work haha.

Level 24
It does.
A hero ability that requires level 6 is classified as ultimate ability.
And Blizzard thought it would be cool if ultimate abilities are able to ignore spell immunity.

So it turns out that any unit can actually ignore spell immunity if the spell they use is a hero spell and requires level 6.
When added via triggers or in OE, it doesnt matter what level your unit is.
The only place where level 6 is actually a requirement is in the manually upgrading ability panel available to heroes.

Level 12
I figured it out...
Some time ago I had changed some gameplay constants and made Magic Immunity Resist Ultimates = true

P.S. But I have already made the triggers that deals the damage to mag immune enemies + I wanna keep this gameplay constant this way, so I will just use what I've already made :p

Status
Not open for further replies.