• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't host WEU maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have this map. It's currently 4.4mb, which might be another bug, as I don't know the map size limit accurately in Wc3.

I edited some triggers with a little bit of WEU additions. I forgot to optimize, so I did, and it the map did not optimize. I unticked and reticked the options, optimized, and it worked fine. I then saved.

Before I optimized successfully and now, I've had this stupid problem when hosting the map which prevents me from hosting the game altogether. I select the map, name the game, and click Create Game. When this occurs, an error box comes up in Wc3 and says 'The game could not be found'.

Is this a map size error, a corrupt file directory which cannot load the file into Wc3, or something to do with saving and/or optimization? This is really making me angry, as it is going to be a fun map.

A few other things: I'm using Wc3 Frozen Throne, patch 1.21, using WEU patch 1.20, I CAN host games, and I have 20 JASS compile errors in the map. Before optimizing successfully, I had just over 8500. The map hosted fine before I opened and used WEU functions with it. It better not be a size problem, because I have another 3 mb + of icons to upload into it... :angry: Most of the triggers I'm using in it are in GUI. The only JASS stuff is riddled with compile errors, lol...I'll get to fixing them after I'm done with this problem.

Help much appreciated. Credits in the map to anyone who tries hard, or even finds a fix to this problem. More than one person can be credited, too, so don't hold back with your thoughts if someone else looks onto it.

EDIT: Rep points up for grabs too. ^_^

Level 1
Shit. Looks like I'll have to make this single player, or go back to my other projects. Credits anyway, thanks, but this is a sad day for Azeroth Unlimited :(

Level 14
Compile errors most likely mean it won't start. If the JASS is faulty, WC3 cannot compile it.

As for the file limit, just compress some stuff (blps can be reduced to around 25% if you use 60% quality, models can be squished, music should be cut, etc.) or take it out.

Level 4
it is unfortunate that a map is slashed cuz of its size... is it really absolutely critical that those imports are there? 3mb of icons is like.... >250 icons... thats nuts and most likely unnecessary.

mixed bag of problems though, tackle them one at a time and dont overwhelm yourself. as people said...
1. compile errors
2. optimization problems (MOST likely fixed with #1)
3. size limit

just wondering, whats the file size prior to optimization? its pretty efficient in cutting 25%-80% file size...

dont give up on it though! :sad: keep at it

Level 1
I doesn't really matter...I mean, I had an equally better map that I was working on...and for some really mysterious reason, I imported the JASSified spells, complete with compile errors, into that map, and zing! No errors whatsoever. The spells were really actually the only reason I was making the other map. My other map is now, thank god, 1.7-1.8 mb and it HASN'T been optimized yet. If I feel like doing single player campaigns, for some really demented reason, then I shall ressurect this project. :) Hive rules.

Are you using the advanced functions? All of the non-advanced fuctions are basically custom script stuff gone GUI.

For example, the "Trigger - Destroy Trigger" is just
JASS:
call DestroyTrigger(gg_trg_Your_Trigger)
or
JASS:
call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
(I think).

I don't think that's your problem though.

EDIT: Dammit, forgot what that line jass tag is >_<

Last edited:
Level 1
Exactly. JASS is evil...well, somehow...I really cannot be stuffed learning it...heck, I know more C++ than JASS, and I'm hardly a pro with C++. All I really need from WEU is something that increases a unit's damage by a variable, which is of course constantly changing, and I am SO not making item abilities from 1 damage to 40 (the ability damage bonus limit :p). If there's a JASS code there, then I am so using it. With credits and rep, of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.