1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Call-out to the first Hive-get-together!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Keiji, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I purpose a fund-raiser for Frank!
    - We need him.

2. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No please.
    Don't waste your money on something unimportant like me.
    Also, I told you I got important things to do here...

3. Graber

Graber

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  4. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    'Guess Gothenburg is like within ~5 hours on a train from Oslo. Probably around $20-30 if you book in advance and, you know, you could probably close that gap by paying half of what you would pay in Oslo for a beer. To our danish peeps and peepettes it's probably a cheaper and shorter flight than to Oslo.
    (or at the very least a trade-off)

So I propose Gothenburg.

I'm free pretty much throughout July and August.

5. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You bloodsucking maggot.

To my experience (even though I've only been "out" in Gothenburg once) Oslo is a more preferred place in terms of good bars and nice places, but sure, yeah, it's cheaper.

Though it doesn't take as much as five hours, we used just below three, and we were in a car >.>
    - This claim is based on Swedish trains being as good or better than Norwegian ones.

6. enjoy

enjoy

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    To get to Oslo, I would take the train to the Øresund bridge, and then take the train from there to malmö, and then take the train from malmö to oslo. I have no idea what Gothenburg is, nor where it is located.

7. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You're looking at pretty much the same range of beers, poured from pretty much the same taps from pretty much the same bartenders. For pretty much half the price.

It is a big city after all. Albeit not bigger than Oslo, but big enough to pretty much cover everything you would expect a major city to cover.

(Did I mention that it's pretty much half the price?)
    Rail service is a hit and miss: SJ is a deathtrap.

If you manage to get yourself a decent train ride I would suppose 3-4 hours would be reasonable. I just gave myself some room to wiggle. But I guess you can carpool, save up on the gas money.
    More or less en route to Oslo from Malmö. About half the distance [citation needed]

8. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If we wanted it cheap, we'd go to Denmark, and get real it's not "pretty much half the price."
    - Beer is even cheaper in Oslo than in Stavanger :p

Another thing is, I'm out if it comes to Gothenburg, I can't afford two plain rides to the place in under a month and train would take me too long for such a "short" trip.
    - Why fuck with an idea that's been around this thread from the very beginning?!

I was also not talking about car-pooling, but apparently you misinterpered my meaning, normally in Norway what takes [x] amount of time to drive, it takes less with the train.

9. enjoy

enjoy

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It like Oslo better. <: I am sure there is lots of awesome bars in Oslo. I am mostly for shady little pubs! <:

10. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't know, beer from tap runs from around 30 SEK in Gothenburg if you're not going dandy fancy. In Oslo it's around 50 NOK, give or take, isn't it?
    Might stem from this little underlined part here. And that you explicitly told me to propose the Gothenburg idea when I blurted it out in the chat.

I know Oslo has been suggested, but hey, I thought you wanted a second opinion.

I don't mind going to Oslo.
    I think I did respond to that. The rail service is a bit of a hit and miss in Sweden (SJ even had campaigns where they apologized for all the late-runnings), so if you carpooled you would probably save cash and time.

11. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What the... Beer?Serisoly guys?Thats what underage kids drink to think they're mature, real men drink heavier stuff!

12. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    With your behaviour, you never get invited into such things, kid.
    Now please get the to your 'real men'.

13. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1/10 Dont try it again.

But no im serios beer inflates your stomach and gives you a beer belly, atleast with the hard stuff they cant see your liver.

14. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    HahahHAhhahAHhahhaHAhhahhHAhHAHhahahHAhHHAhah~~~

GTFO trolman. Let go. I think everyone is fed up toying with your scrawny bitch tantrums and stupid uneducated opinions.

15. enjoy

enjoy

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Trolman, I don't think anyone here cares about having a beer belly! :)

16. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Keiji, hey you were/are CloudWolf right? I've seen your picture before, so I remember. Cool hair.

17. Latecat

Latecat

Resources:
    Resources:
    May consider joining - if it is around next year (or later).

Though it wouldn't matter either way, because I dont drink (a finn that doesn't drink alcohol, go sue me)

18. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We may look similar, but no, I am not him.

Update: There will be a tinychat meeting on friday at 20:00 my time, go figure what that means to you.
    - It'd be great if as many as can would meet up :)

We'll discuss things like when it's going to happen, a possible agenda, probably mostly just what bars to go to... Ahh, ehm..
    Yeah, hotels should be discussed. Probably other things too, be sure to mention whatever I did miss then.
    - And not here.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  19. The Reborn Devil

The Reborn Devil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just so you know, neither shiiK nor myself can attend the tinychat meeting, but I'd prefer Oslo and I think shiiK's opinion is similar.

20. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, at the very least do inform us in what period of time it would best serve you to host it, so that we can keep that in mind when discussing.
    - This also applies for anyone else that can't make it to the meeting and haven't already stated when it's best for them.

I could also be flexible with times on Friday, if anyone wants to attend and have plans later in the evening, it could be pressed to earliest 17:00

Also, for anyone that noticed, yes I got the time wrong, I did mean "20:00" and not "08:00."