• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Call-out to the first Hive-get-together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I.. might... <:

Thus be me attending. Thought he picture of a rather drunk me, would fit the occassion very well.

me.png

Level 37
I wouldn't fly there just for few days. If this would be held in my own country then there wouldn't be problem. I'm not really going to pay few hundred euros just for travelling.

I could even arrange party like this in my own house but yeah. We are too far away from each other. :(

I actually have met few people from Hive in real life so this is nothing new to me.

Level 12
If it is after 5 years, i might come (the least possible time for me to attend based on age is 1 and a half year [17 in half a year])

EDIT: should have read the whole first post i guess.
i wont attend.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Perfectly fine whenever actually, I don't really have much scheduled.

As long as it isn't during christmas, I'll attend.
I live in scandinavian, but i am underaged... who cares? i drink anyways..
If you're confident that you can circumvent security, hop on a train and join us. Just don't expect us to abide to whether or not you manage to do so.

Level 36
As in christmas holidays, or just the eve itself? (guessing on the former.)

I have to come.

As far as I respect my site-owning superior, the rules of the get-together abides for you as well, a image of thyself should be posted.
- If you do not feel like doing so publicly, you can always PM me or send it via email, which I have changed accordingly in my contact information. Would be great to have you there ;)

Oh and yes, having the site-owner, one Administrator and three moderators joining, I'd say this is well on it's way to becoming extremely official.
- Let's keep it down nontheless, though.

Level 36
So, considering the non-existant enthusiasm to suggest a solid date of the get-together, I'll just throw one out there. My suggestion is:

The 14th of January, 2012.
(considering we're not all dead by then)

Do be so kind as to say if its a good weekend and if not,
suggest another one.

Last edited:
Level 22
The 14th of Janurary, 2012.
(considering we're not all dead by then)

It's "January", not "Janurary" :>

It's very cold in Oslo in that period though. My suggestion is rather relative to where we'd be going. If Hard Rock Cafe and similar places are good for you guys then any date works (even this year trolol). If you absolutely have to go to night bars or other places where you must be 18+ then any date after 22nd of May (yeah, kinda late) will work.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'm fine with whenever (well, not really, but it's hard to tell so far ahead), but I just want to point out that January and February are the coldest months of the year, and there's a fairly high chance of it being -10C to -20C in Oslo at the time. Any attendees would be well advised to bring warm clothes. You should also know that even though we are responsible people, we won't be following you around to ensure your safety should you separate from the group - this is no official event and we have no obligation to take care of you if you choose to attend. I would personally prefer it to be a little further into the new year, mainly due to temperature, but also because it'd be easier for me if TRD was 18 (if he attends, anyway). Also might note that Hard Rock Cafe probably has an 18+ thing going on later on the evening (I could probably find out by the time this event occurs), and I think that applies to most bars and pubs. I know a few smaller ones, but depending on the group's size, not all of those would be suitable. There's also the general lack of any hard liquor where they are loose with regulations, but again, that also applies to most 18+ places - not saying it's non-existent, but there's a high chance of what you wanting not being available. As this is no house party, bringing your own might not be a good idea, due to drinking in pubic being prohibited and the abundance of police upholding this in Oslo. Like always, there are exceptions, but don't count on it. As far as I know, there are no attendees from Oslo, so the sheer possibility to hold an "after party" and/or "pre party" is close to null. Unless any of you guys hook up with a rich, house-owning Hiver from Oslo.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

So if I would come there, do you have enough space where I could sleep?

shiiK said:
As far as I know, there are no attendees from Oslo, so the sheer possibility to hold an "after party" and/or "pre party" is close to null. Unless any of you guys hook up with a rich, house-owning Hiver from Oslo.

I think that answers you question. Book a hotel/motel room - prices go from roughly €50 and upwards for one night.

Level 27
Ralle's posted himself before, not sure where though.

He posted in the picture thread (don't know if it was the first or the second one)

If I would like to come, which I maybe want out of curiosity I would also have to take either a plane or boat so... well... it's too far away and who would like to see me anyways? >.>

I suggest you all wear nameplates with your nickname and avatar xD

Level 36
So if I would come there, do you have enough space where I could sleep?

Yeah, whatever shiiK said.
- Though I suppose, considering most people need a place to sleep. We could always try to organize something like sharing rooms on one hotel together, to get the price down for everyone. Personally, I think I've got a free place to sleep that night anyways, got some friends living there. That kind of requires me to meet up with them in the evening later on though.

So yeah, if anyone feels like looking up a hotel and sharing rooms, your very much welcome to do so.

Anyways, it seems most people is for later spring then, so I'm okay with just laying this one on ice till its getting nearer.

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Hello guys,

There seem to be a technical issue that prevents users from posting in this thread, even after mods and admin have tried to reopen it.

We are currently looking into it, and should have it fixed soon enough.

Check back later!

EDIT: Seems to be working now.

I have to come.
I'm attending (hopefully). Can it be more official now? ;)

Nice initiative guys! Keep me posted.

Level 22
This Jesus dude is attending:
Le%20TRD.png

Crappy quality, I know. That's what happens when a 2 megapixel webcamera tries to capture my jesusness in a room with annoying lighting.

This Jesus dude is attending:
Le%20TRD.png

Crappy quality, I know. That's what happens when a 2 megapixel webcamera tries to capture my jesusness in a room with annoying lighting.

HALLELUJAH! ZOMGZ U r MY SAVIOR!!!!11!!OneonE11!!!cos(0)!!!)!!111
I luVE U !11111

---------------------------------
On a side note, I heard Joe wants me to pay for his ticket.

One way ticket to Nepal, that is >:c

Level 36
I had completely lost track of the existence of this thread, mostly due to my infrequent visit to this part of the forum than anything else >.>

Now, of course I'm attending, we'll have to, as TRD suggests, find a date and a place. I do still suggest Oslo since as far as I know it is a typical center-point for most attenders, so that the travel would be equal for all.

I'm open for any and every weekend come this month or next, so let's rather than decide exactly now get a overview of exactly when it's best for everyone, and then decide a date.

Keep me posted guys, I'll be actively checking in on this thread more often :p'

I do too suggest a board-meeting for all the most central people joining to come to tinychat and discuss this live together this weekend, or next.

This is me, drunk and Re-attending.
dsc00285ti.jpg
Also, for anyone NOT aware of the rules: You have to post/email a image of yourself in this thread/to me if you're attending.
- That is more so that we can all recognize each-other when meeting up in Oslo rather than having to do awkward... Other things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.