• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Call-out to the first Hive-get-together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
'Guess Gothenburg is like within ~5 hours on a train from Oslo. Probably around $20-30 if you book in advance and, you know, you could probably close that gap by paying half of what you would pay in Oslo for a beer. To our danish peeps and peepettes it's probably a cheaper and shorter flight than to Oslo.
(or at the very least a trade-off)

So I propose Gothenburg.

I'm free pretty much throughout July and August.

Level 35
You bloodsucking maggot.

To my experience (even though I've only been "out" in Gothenburg once) Oslo is a more preferred place in terms of good bars and nice places, but sure, yeah, it's cheaper.

Though it doesn't take as much as five hours, we used just below three, and we were in a car >.>
- This claim is based on Swedish trains being as good or better than Norwegian ones.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
To my experience (even though I've only been "out" in Gothenburg once) Oslo is a more preferred place in terms of good bars and nice places, but sure, yeah, it's cheaper.
You're looking at pretty much the same range of beers, poured from pretty much the same taps from pretty much the same bartenders. For pretty much half the price.

It is a big city after all. Albeit not bigger than Oslo, but big enough to pretty much cover everything you would expect a major city to cover.

(Did I mention that it's pretty much half the price?)
Though it doesn't take as much as five hours, we used just below three, and we were in a car >.>
- This claim is based on Swedish trains being as good or better than Norwegian ones.
Rail service is a hit and miss: SJ is a deathtrap.

If you manage to get yourself a decent train ride I would suppose 3-4 hours would be reasonable. I just gave myself some room to wiggle. But I guess you can carpool, save up on the gas money.
To get to Oslo, I would take the train to the Øresund bridge, and then take the train from there to malmö, and then take the train from malmö to oslo. I have no idea what Gothenburg is, nor where it is located.
More or less en route to Oslo from Malmö. About half the distance [citation needed]

Level 35
If we wanted it cheap, we'd go to Denmark, and get real it's not "pretty much half the price."
- Beer is even cheaper in Oslo than in Stavanger :p

Another thing is, I'm out if it comes to Gothenburg, I can't afford two plain rides to the place in under a month and train would take me too long for such a "short" trip.
- Why fuck with an idea that's been around this thread from the very beginning?!

I was also not talking about car-pooling, but apparently you misinterpered my meaning, normally in Norway what takes [x] amount of time to drive, it takes less with the train.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
and get real it's not "pretty much half the price."
- Beer is even cheaper in Oslo than in Stavanger :p
I don't know, beer from tap runs from around 30 SEK in Gothenburg if you're not going dandy fancy. In Oslo it's around 50 NOK, give or take, isn't it?
- Why fuck with an idea that's been around this thread from the very beginning?!
we'll have to, as TRD suggests, find a date and a place.
Might stem from this little underlined part here. And that you explicitly told me to propose the Gothenburg idea when I blurted it out in the chat.

I know Oslo has been suggested, but hey, I thought you wanted a second opinion.

I don't mind going to Oslo.
I was also not talking about car-pooling, but apparently you misinterpered my meaning, normally in Norway what takes [x] amount of time to drive, it takes less with the train.
I think I did respond to that. The rail service is a bit of a hit and miss in Sweden (SJ even had campaigns where they apologized for all the late-runnings), so if you carpooled you would probably save cash and time.

Level 12
May consider joining - if it is around next year (or later).

Though it wouldn't matter either way, because I dont drink (a finn that doesn't drink alcohol, go sue me)

Level 35
@Keiji, hey you were/are CloudWolf right? I've seen your picture before, so I remember. Cool hair.

We may look similar, but no, I am not him.

Update: There will be a tinychat meeting on friday at 20:00 my time, go figure what that means to you.
- It'd be great if as many as can would meet up :)

We'll discuss things like when it's going to happen, a possible agenda, probably mostly just what bars to go to... Ahh, ehm..
Yeah, hotels should be discussed. Probably other things too, be sure to mention whatever I did miss then.
- And not here.

Last edited:
Level 35
Well, at the very least do inform us in what period of time it would best serve you to host it, so that we can keep that in mind when discussing.
- This also applies for anyone else that can't make it to the meeting and haven't already stated when it's best for them.

I could also be flexible with times on Friday, if anyone wants to attend and have plans later in the evening, it could be pressed to earliest 17:00

Also, for anyone that noticed, yes I got the time wrong, I did mean "20:00" and not "08:00."

Level 12
That would be around 21:00-22:00 (forgot which GMT you live in and too lazy to check) my time. Will probably pop in, even if I may or may not participate (if I do, I guess I'll be the sober one)

Level 35
Alright, fuck things.

Since I am right now infuriated that not a single soul could make it to the "plan meeting" and considering no person, lest the ones that said that it suits them whenever, actually specified when it suits them best to have the get-together I am now going to state a date and it's going to be final as long as more than two people can make it.

14.07.12 (day.month.year)

Now, that's going to be the date for now, and unless anyone of you replies that it doesn't suit you then and that some other date may be better, it'll be final.

This is going to happen, and I want it to happen shortly.

Level 35
Well, yes both and... >.>

The initial plan was for the "get-together eve" to be on a saturday, but then I am and I guess fladde is too going to make it a weekend trip, so we'll be there the day before, and if it's more preferable to host it the friday, then sure.

Level 12
I was in the initial meeting, the only person besides Keiji and Mr. Goblin.

Tells a little about how much people are willing to get this done.
(also, I am OK with the day as long as it is either friday or saturday, past 4pm GMT+2 on friday)

Level 35
Hey, if it was enough fun, I'd probably join in on it.

Problem is, I know how some people are, and there are a few choice characters that would be better off not coming.

I would say there'd be a difference how people are outside the forums and inside, but then it's all up to you.

Also, sure we'll take pictures, and probably do some filming.

Level 22
shiiK and I will most likely be busy. Afaik we'll be in Kongsberg from 6th of July to some unspecified date in August or something.

However, there isn't anything stopping us from driving in to Oslo and be there for the get-together. At least nothing I can think of. I'll have to talk to shiiK and dad about it though.

Level 35
Says the one that initially pronounced "Whenever's fine with me." >.>

Well, sure we can, but I don't want to spend too much time discussing the date, considering we have to order plane-hijacks/train-hikes and ice-pick crawlings.
- Not to forget hotel booking.

See, this is in the middle of the high-summer in Norway, and the period of time when "most people have vacations," so we'd better order our shit soon, lest we can't get a plane, train or hotel.

Level 12
When it comes to money, I don't have too much problems. Don't know about others.
also, I won't be attending if it is this year for 2 reasons: I can't drink and I am too busy/exhausted after my work ends.

If it is next summer, possible.

Level 35
Depends on the hit of this one:

- Turnes out great: Repeated commencing summer.
- Doesn't turn out: Re-try commencing summer.
- Turns out crap: Re-consider who to invite next summer.
- Turns out downright boring: No next summer.

That's at least the way I see things.

Level 35
Right, works for me.

I'll just state that considering the fact that only a few have been bothered to give a fuck when I tried pulling this burning ship to port, I'm fed up with being hellishly bent on organizing this entire ordeal.

Anyways, we should decide soon, so we can start planing things.

I might join this, all the way from Greece :v
Gotta check several stuff, and that actually depends if i manage to get in a Uni or not :V

Wait. Summer.
Why don't you guys come here instead of a scandinavian country o.0?

Also,
599879_409849579065429_418530064_n.jpg

Me with my sister if you're wondering.

Level 35
The breath of this idea was taken right out of my chest, cliche as it sounds: Due to recent events.
Someone else might want to pick it up and host it proper, if so, I might consider joining anyways,
my suspicions that it will never be as great as originally intended, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.