1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Blue Dragon Nexus

Submitted by MatiS
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I had some problems with choosing High Elf Ultimate Unit Production building 'cause there are no ultimate units for them in any map I played. I decided to give them blue dragons because of their association with arcane magic. So, Blue Dragon Nexus, in architecture style connecting Nexuses found in WoW in Northrend and High Elven buildings.

Keywords:
dragon, magic, arcane, temple, silvermoon, ice, malygnos, mana, blue, nexus, energy, nest, elf, night, highborne, silvermoon, fly, air, palace, tower,
Contents

Blue Dragon Nexus (Model)

Reviews
11:27, 9th Jun 2016 The_Silent: Looks good and performs well ingame. Good job.
  1. 11:27, 9th Jun 2016
    The_Silent: Looks good and performs well ingame. Good job.

2. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Y'know, I'd have to say, buildings are where you shine. I'd love to see more stuff like this.

3. BlackRangerXIII

BlackRangerXIII

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quite Beautiful, however:
    Blue is usually associated with ice. Silver or Gold is usually associated with the arcane.
    My opinion though.

4. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Very nice, can be used as an academy that trains any sort of spellcaster.

5. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm loving those magic-themed buildings. There aren't enough of those imo. +rep

6. teozamait

teozamait

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Love the model, fits the Elven theme quite nicely :)

Just an idea/concept, perhaps a Pheonix would be more suitable as an ultimate unit for the High Elves (though they might not have used them before becoming Blood Elves). A Mage Tower could also serve as an ultimate unit production building - but this current model could very well pass for one:)

7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This is a great little model, but what I like most of all is that you strove to put some thought into an actual race design in order to inform your modeling (i.e. "what would the High Elven T3OD be?").

It's a tricky question; the T3OD can generally be seen as the "epitome" of the faction, but which "epitome" do you pick? Elves love magic, prize beauty, PRAISE THE SUN \|T|/, value wisdom & age... Bonus points if it's a flying unit (3/4 of them are). And there are loads of ways to fulfill that. I disagree with the Phoenix, but a "sun-bird" maybe... Alternatively some super-advanced sun-warrior...

But to give it thought, the High Elves entire raison d'être could be considered to be (Arcane) Magic; it's why they split off from the Night Elves in the first place, and what (fast-forwarding) causes their crippling downfall as a race in TFT. So a magically-focused, giant flyer... With loads of age/wisdom... Well, you couldn't do much worse than picking Blue Dragons. So kudos to you, man!

~~~

On to the building. Like I said, I like it. It's definitely patterned after the WoW Blue Dragon Nexus's's's's.... But it's still generic enough that it could go for almost anything Arcane & magical. In fact, I think it'd make a stellar "Arcane Waygate" or whatever; a series of tower-portals that connect Elven settlements.

Keep up these buildings, man. And let me know if you feel inspired to flesh out the Trolls, mon. ;P

8. sunshinex3

sunshinex3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have not tested this model but wow great idea.

9. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I love this model very good magic building and good thoughts on the T3 Unit for High Elves!

10. MatiS

MatiS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I'm happy you like it :-D. Phoenix is the symbol of rebirth, so it's more BE thing IMO. I think I can make Troll buildings, I will try after I make shop building for HE, similar to this: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Farstrider_Retreat

11. Abbendis

Abbendis

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Very exquisite!I like it!

12. Reflex

Reflex

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This building is very elegant. It looks not only as part of the Nexus, but also as those wonderful soaring academies of magic in Quel'Thalas, for example, Duskwither Spire. A great addition to the previous models.

What would the High Elven T3OD be? Elven culture, based on the magic, was required to give rise to magical creatures that capture the imagination. Arcane wraith like Vexalius in MT; "zerg-rush" of mana wyrms or upgrading them into arcane wyrms: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=26322. And don't forget about mechanics - I doubt that the arcane golems are the pinnacle of magic-technological progress in Quel'Thalas (pinnacle which could be lost during the Third War, unfortunately).

13. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow, great work.
    This reminds me of some of the concept art I've seen for Revival of the Highelves, almost 10 years ago...

14. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This looks awesome, but there is one thing I'd change.
    I think only the roof as TC is not enough, it would be nice if you changed the texture of the outer side of the rings into a TC one, like in your altar model (see pic below).
    Also I'd lower the speed of the stand animations and increase the speed of the work animation, but that is not so essential.
    4/5 +rep

Actually the blue dragonflight is associated with ice and magic, so blue runes are quite alright there. And arcane (mostly in the warcraft universe) is purple.

Attached Files:

15. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    With all the moving parts it must look magnificent ingame.

Though, i'd say, retexture the crystals.

16. Maizon

Maizon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice building !

17. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    wow nicely done! :D (+3)

18. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A much better option could have been the Nether Dragons, creature wich they particularly have contact and friendship with in Outland.

19. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Not if we're talking High Elves (which, as he stated, he is/was). They've never even heard of Outland; perhaps you are confusing this with a Blood Elf structure?