• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard leaks 5-year plan! No mention of WC4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i know the name is : warcraft IV Edge of eternity
and this is the logo :
images

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The only time a Warcraft IV could appear is 1-2 years after the second Starcraft II expansion is released. This is because their RTS team will then be free to work on a new RTS which will eithor be something completly new and unrelated to previous work or it will be Warcraft IV.

Level 15
The only time a Warcraft IV could appear is 1-2 years after the second Starcraft II expansion is released.
To all that answered:
"soon" link was very impressive way to answer it,I understand what you tried to say.
"The expension of starcraft" I never bought starcraft , was the expension released untill now?
"The new commer" sure you are welcome here , my advice is to start download maps of this site and play them , really pro map makers made them to be non laggy and most funny , they are artist.
"Warcraft IV edge of atternity" Thank you for answering , I wanted to know more and this fits great to my question, I like that name.
Ps I don't know if this kind of massage should be in the first massage I sent , if it need notify me.

Level 2
Warcraft 4

If Blizzard ever decides to make another warcraft strategy game what do you think they should bring back from wc1/wc2?

Personally I think they should bring back the good music from wc2,naval armies in skirmishes,the big armies (each unit just took 1 food in wc2 that me likee) and the realistic health thing like where a footman only had like 60 health not 420.

Last edited:
Level 3
Surely there will be a wc4 but you shouldn't try waiting for it. It could be 5-10 years before it is actually released. And maybe you won't have time to play it then.

Level 6
Blizzard are planing to make a new MMO, so we could not expect to a Warcraft RTS for loong after that secret MMO is released, and the 2 expantions that SC2 have...oh and Diablo 3

Level 19
Hmm... Meanwhile, lets help keep Warcraft III alive and running + Increasing the population through some other means. I plan to mass advertise once I'm done with exams, most of my friends have already joined Battle.net:)

Level 4
My first time which I had heard about The Warcraft IV is going to be released was last 4 years ago (Just after the Frozen Throne) and there are also many pictures, many races, and many things.

Then now... nothing happens as all the Blizzard team are going to improve the World of Warcraft instead as it will profit them more than Warcraft 3 or 4.

Warcraft 4 is not rumor but just a dream...

Level 5
Warcraft IV details. Announcement at Blizzcon?

Warcraft III is widely regarded on forums worldwide as one of the best RTS games ever made by any RTS fan. So how lovely would it be to see a new Warcraft RTS instead of the more recent MMO outing of World of Warcraft? It would be amazing. Well a few years ago Blizzard did secretly let slide that the initial process’s of the game was indeed in there heads and that it “might” be made. Well while there has still been no official announcement of the game as of yet we here at VGTribune have managed to get some information on the title that whilst is still officially considered a rumour, is from a fairly trusted source. After the jump is a list of what we know so far.

* Episodic campaign was considering – no word on what they decided.
* Thrall is “currently” in it.
* The game is planned “tentatively” for a Q4 2012 release.
* Its an RTS based on the Starcraft II engine.
* Its being considered for multiple platforms like the 360 and PS3, but DS has actually been started on.
* It now finally has a team working on it since Starcraft is out.
* Its still very early stages and the concept art looks “beautiful”.

Hopefully the game will be officially announced as this years big Blizzcon surprise but personally I don’t think so. i reckon blizzard might be waiting till the game is a bit further down the line in development and have something to show instead of this early point. But whenever something is shown, or told to us, about Warcraft IV you can count on VGTribune to update you.

http://vgtribune.com/rumour-warcraft-iv-details-announce-at-blizzcon/

If it proves to be true it will be awesome:ogre_haosis:

Level 15
What's the whole big deal? They're just re-using their already hi-tech RTS engine.

You do realize that Valve are going to use Source(a mostly FPS engine) for Dota 2(an 'action-RTS'), right? If they can do that I'm sure there wont be any trouble with re-using the SC2 engine for WC4.

I'm assuming they're taking the same elements from SC2 gameplay and applying them to WC4...ie huge maps with small units that are insignificant, reducing micro.

I'm assuming they're taking the same elements from SC2 gameplay and applying them to WC4...ie huge maps with small units that are insignificant, reducing micro.

think of it as something like a mod... you make warcraft using sc2's game engine... so you retain warcraft's gamelay... just like what valve and icefrog is doing with DotA 2, they will use Valve's steam engine but will keep most of DotA's aspects...

anyway, it wont be wc4 coz as far as I know it would be a new IP...

Level 7
Hey guys, if you didn't see the pattern, blizzard is making every like 7/8/whatever years a new game (strategy mod-able). Starcraft 1 came out... i dunno, maybe around 1997, Warcraft 3 came out 2003, Starcraft 2 came out this yeatr (2010), so do not expect a new Warcraft in a couple of years... stick to Starcraft now.

Level 15
Hey guys, if you didn't see the pattern, blizzard is making every like 7/8/whatever years a new game (strategy mod-able). Starcraft 1 came out... i dunno, maybe around 1997, Warcraft 3 came out 2003, Starcraft 2 came out this yeatr (2010), so do not expect a new Warcraft in a couple of years... stick to Starcraft now.

You know that Warcraft I and Warcraft II came out before Warcraft III in 2002, yes?

And you know that Starcraft: Brood War came out between Starcraft I and Starcraft II, right?

Blizzard also spent a shit load of that time making WoW...more time than they've ever spent on any other game (and are still spending).

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Starcraft II has a resolution and graphics similar to those in BFME II (or so it appears to me), and BFME II came out nearly 5 years ago. We can expect a possible Warcraft IV to also have not-so up-to-date graphics. This is actually positive because it doesn't force people to buy new computers or graphic cards just so they can play the game.

I'm now wondering if the team that was working in World of Warcraft will spend some time on Warcraft 4.

Also, didn't BlizzCon event run already? Did they mention Warcraft 4 at all?

Level 22
The later it comes the best for us!

Exactly. Even if money isnt the problem (although with D3 and likely its possible expansion(s) another blizz game will sure make it a serious expense), what will people do? 80% switch to SC2 learning the things there and suddenly a new game.

Not to say the esports people start playing a game they barely learn it for 2-3 years then a new game - people can't switch to games like a lights switcher. considering SC and war3 were games played for 7 years and more. Nearly half of the SC2 players are War3 players the rest half is SC players they may be a little more but they are almost even and the rest tiny part, some random coming frm other games.

And Sigatty said it clearly they put that above all, so all points there won't be any war4 for at least the next 4 years. It's not only about making a game with units, it's how people would react if games came too soon..

Level 18
Hey, I did a little searching on the site and hadn't found a post about this yet so I hope that I will be the first one. Apparently the '5-year plan' for Blizzard has leaked, unveiling the projects that will be their focus over the next half-decade. Check out the news here.

Now the leak hasn't been confirmed by Bliz, but I think there's a good possibility that it is real. It talks about the Diablo 3 release, a Starcraft 2 expansion titled 'Phoenix', 2 WoW expansions, and a WoW movie. Unfortunately, there is absolutely NO mention of Warcraft 4. On the other hand, there appears to be a secret project under the name of "Titan". It could be possible that they're trying to keep WC4 so secret that they've given it a working name. No one can know for sure though.

Now if Titan turns out to not be Warcraft related then it looks like the next 5 years will be rather disappointing for us hardcore WC3 RTS fans. Feel free to speculate about what Titan could be in this thread! As for me- I'm cautiously optimistic that we may have a WC3 sequel on the way.

Level 15
If it's true then they are such morons.

So what your saying is if (in 2013) I wanted to start playing wow, I have to buy 6 different software (probably totaling upwards of $250) and then pay monthly on top of that?

And their planning to release wow expansion #5 one year after #4? That's not even enough time to add new content to the 4th expansion before the 5th is already here. So why are they making their players pay monthly if you have to go out and buy new content?

I dunno, this all seems too stupid to be true. But then again blizzard IS a notoriously greedy corporation.

EDIT - BTW I have seen them recruiting for the 'titan' project on their career page

Level 11
If it's true then they are such morons.

So what your saying is if (in 2013) I wanted to start playing wow, I have to buy 6 different software (probably totaling upwards of $250) and then pay monthly on top of that?
http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Battle-Chest-Mac/dp/B000H96C9M

Should've done your research :\

Also whats this "Phoenix" thing? I doubt its an expansion, highly highly doubt it, because they already have 2 expansions on the way, one in the same year, and both already have been given names and are parts of a trilogy. You can't have a trilogy with 4 games.

Really makes me wonder what it is.

Level 17
Seems to me that World of Warcraft is the way they are going with Warcraft at the moment, and there will be no mention of a Warcraft 4 until they are totally done with that project.
And since this is an unconfirmed leak, it doesn't really matter what anyone else says until Blizzard confirms it. Enough said.

Level 48
You guys are forgetting about Bobby Kotick. He probably announced the Warcraft RTS as too unprofitable for Activision Blizzard and there will no longer be any Warcraft RTS games. He probably finds the StarCraft universe more long-lived because of all the Korean pros and all the stuff he can sell with SC2. In other words, there will not be a Warcraft 4. I'm sure that guy will have absolutely no problem canceling WC4, he canceled a fuckload of projects anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.