• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Better Eredar

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
I was disappointed with the models of the Eredar for a long time. Their lower bodies seem a bit too small, and those chunky tentacles hanging from their thick chins give them a look that's more like a hybrid of Faceless Ones and Mogu rather than resembling Archimonde and Kil'jaeden.

So I scaled up their lower bodies and changed the shape of the chin and tentacles.

Paths for replacement:
  • Warcraft III\_retail_\units\demon\eredarsorcerer\eredarsorcerer.mdx
  • Warcraft III\_retail_\units\demon\eredarwarlockpurple\eredarwarlockpurple.mdx
  • Warcraft III\_retail_\units\demon\eredarwarlock\eredarwarlock.mdx
  • Warcraft III\_retail_\EredarWarlock_Main_Diffuse.tif
Previews
Contents

EredarSorcerer (Model)

EredarSorcerer_Portrait (Model)

EredarWarlock (Model)

EredarWarlockpurple (Model)

EredarWarlockpurple_Portrait (Model)

EredarWarlock_Portrait (Model)

Level 36
Well nice too see someone else working on this.
I also focus my main work on remaking the original models to more proper models and repair issues.
I will have a look and let you know is something caught my eye that you should edit :peasant-cheers-back:
Update:
Small body collision with the edited tentacles. Easy to fix just increase a bit the angle forward (carefull where the nodes are possitioned)
And the cloth behind the tail was not properly placed after the body change
1700263546313.png

1700264040108.png

Leg issues here forgot the adjust the armor and straps properly to the new legs
1700263646358.png

Side Note: you should add the Sorcerer cloth to the Diabolist so he is not so exposed. Just a personal oppinion.
1700263683611.png

You can import the cloth nodes and then add the cloth itself and back no problem (the model share same animations so it's easy to use those between each other)
The armor in the back needs to be adjusted to the tail
Personal oppinion: I would leave both tentacles. Cutting those out and just draging the skin like that does leave easy to spot evidence.
1700264299863.png

2 round of tentacles make him more unique and you can just reduce their size
1700264456583.png

Overall a nice addition. Hope you consider my feedback :)
I will also update them myself to add cinematic movement from archimonde. And other animations/improvements I will find.

Last edited:
Level 4
Well nice too see someone else working on this.
I also focus my main work on remaking the original models to more proper models and repair issues.
I will have a look and let you know is something caught my eye that you should edit :peasant-cheers-back:
Update:
Small body collision with the edited tentacles. Easy to fix just increase a bit the angle forward (carefull where the nodes are possitioned)
And the cloth behind the tail was not properly placed after the body change
View attachment 454439
View attachment 454442
Leg issues here forgot the adjust the armor and straps properly to the new legs
View attachment 454440
Side Note: you should add the Sorcerer cloth to the Diabolist so he is not so exposed. Just a personal oppinion.
View attachment 454441
You can import the cloth nodes and then add the cloth itself and back no problem (the model share same animations so it's easy to use those between each other)
The armor in the back needs to be adjusted to the tail
Personal oppinion: I would leave both tentacles. Cutting those out and just draging the skin like that does leave easy to spot evidence.
View attachment 454443
2 round of tentacles make him more unique and you can just reduce their size
View attachment 454444
Overall a nice addition. Hope you consider my feedback :)
I will also update them myself to add cinematic movement from archimonde. And other animations/improvements I will find.
Thank you very much for your feedback and advice! I will review the suggestions and try to fix some of the issues.
Looking forward to your work on eredar!