• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Better elven warriors

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Hello!
These are the default models for the elven infantry which I repaired and improved a bit

Issues:
  • The original Blood elf lieutenant and Swordman had animations which were just copy pasted
  • The Swordman also had a geoset assign to the wrong node also the eye glow was too intense compared to the rest of the units
Fixes:
  • For Swordman:
    • set the correct node
    • edit the pauldron position a bit
    • deleted all the copy/paste animations
    • set new eye emissive
  • For the lieutenant
    • deleted all the copy/paste animations
    • edit the armor components to no longer collide as before
    • edit the pauldron to look more fit for a lieutenant
    • fixed the right hand clipping when in Stand Ready
    • added version without cloak
To set them as the default models in your game add to paths:
  • \Warcraft III\_retail_\units\human\highelfswordsman
  • \Warcraft III\_retail_\units\other\bloodelflieutenant
If you want an even better look for the elven infantry see my: Heavy Elven Infantry

Updates:
  • Gave the lieutenant a proper blood elf sword
  • Made a alternativ model of the swordman with a cape
Check out my other work here:
Hope you enjoy!
All feedback is welcomed.
Contents

Blood elf lieutenant (Model)

Blood Elf Lieutenant no Cape (Model)

Blood Elf Lieutenant no Cape portrait (Model)

Blood elf lieutenant portrait (Model)

Blood elf swordman (Model)

Blood elf swordman portrait (Model)

Blood elf swordman with Cape (Model)

Blood elf swordman with Cape portrait (Model)

Level 12
you know the swordsman with the cape can by an extelnt blood knight unit just need a bit reculering and a speel animation

Level 8
Hi !
Could you add walk animation for them ? I don't know why they don't got it when they have the same animations as basic footman.

Level 35
Hi !
Could you add walk animation for them ? I don't know why they don't got it when they have the same animations as basic footman.
will be an update in the future, but it will need time to be adjusted you can't just copy paste the animation just like that :D does not work this way unfortunatly. If it did all of them would have been like the footman

Last edited: