• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best Modeling Program? Cast your vote!

Which one is the best?

• 3DS MAX

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • GMAX

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Milkshape

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Blender

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
my answer is 3DSMAX as it is simply the best of those you have in your poll(even if it's not possible to get for use mortals)
Milkshape is also pretty decent. Blender and GMax have very confusing interfaces which I never understood :/

Level 25
3Ds max>Gmax>Milkshape3D>blender

3Ds max is the best tool for 3D modeling. People don't like 3Ds max because they have problem with learning it. You only use few percent of 3Ds max for Wc3 and the rest of 3Ds max tools confuses people. Just learn the basic modeling and you'll be fine.

Gmax is just a small version of 3Ds max. Just enough for making mesh and maybe some small animations.

Milkshape3D is just a tool for converting 3D model formats.

Blender, well I never used Blender but people say it doesn't have proper exporting script.

Level 8
Even though i work with Blender, id have to agree with everyone who said 3dsmax, it may be complicated but it has many options to do many things...

BTW: Blender isnt bad for anything, it just does not have a workable exporter for warcraft so most people will not use it but after a couple of sessions using it, the interface becomes quite easy to understand

Level 24
Blender doesn't have a direct to MDX/MDL exporter atm, but I'm busy familiarizing myself with the API over time and plan to do the same with the MDX format next. (Wee, scriptable via Python!)

And I do <3 it. Especially with the 2.5 alpha now out. To new users, it *should* seem much more usable. I find Milkshape far too simplistic and lacks the neccesary hotkeys/speed.

Never used 3dsmax, and just find gmax generally inferior to Blender. Advantage there is working MDX exporter.

Level 25
Level 15
milkshape

I'm a user and it's really not complicated to learn, use, its very simple to understand. excellent for wc3.

though for things outside wc3, i'd go for 3d's max, definitely, it's just more professional, but i prefer sculpting, so i'd take zbrush over it.

Level 9
Half of you guys havn't even used all of the tools. Download the 3ds max trial, by far superior to all of those listed. Used by countless companies daily to produce next-gen games. The question was what's the best not whats the cheapest, 3ds max is far more powerful than milkshape, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.