• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best Browser

What's the best Browser?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you.

http://v8.googlecode.com/svn/data/benchmarks/v5/run.html

Do a benchmark, then say which is the fastest.

I prefer Opera.
I can close the window and when I open it back, I can get back to doing whatever I was doing.

I use Firefox too for some things because the above feature is not something you'd want when you're... :3

Level 22
Guys, good game, well played.

Internet Troller Explorer is faster than Internet Explorer:
Umad Microsoft?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    272.1 KB · Views: 61
Level 22
Pffft, clearly Lynx beats them all.

Btw, that benchmark doesn't cover everything. For example, Firefox gets better performance than Chrome when dealing with the HTML5 Element 'Canvas' in certain scenarios. Sadly I do not have the screenshot any more, but I tested GhostWolf's tile shit and got 200FPS with Firefox while Chrome got a mere 50. That is an example of Firefox beating Chrome in performance.

I also prefer Firefox due to the addons and general feel of it. Chrome also tends to get slow after a while.
I prefer Opera.
I can close the window and when I open it back, I can get back to doing whatever I was doing.
Same with Firefox.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
For Windows it is Internet Explorer because Microsoft built it partly into the opperating system. It performs well and uses few system resources compared to FireFox.

For Unix systems it is FireFox. Built by open source people for open source people.

Mac is obviously their very own browser.

Chrome makes a good alternative as it is reasonably optimized although this comes at the cost of some stability and it also is used to support Google's advertising system.

Level 15
Level 14
Firefox, you can actually make it look good. Also it performs well, has good add-ons, and even if IE uses less resources than FF, FF is much more customizable. And that's what I care about.

Level 9
IE! Oh wait. I thought we are voting for the worst ( or is it??? )

I vote for Chrome for flexible settings and I can google using the link bar ( which is very slow on other browsers *fireCOUGHfox* ). Also, very stable. Chrome never crashed on me ( except for that one time I was spamming THW tabs, but that is another story).

So, in conclusion
1st- Chrome
2nd- Firefox
3rd- Opera
4th- Safari
5th- IE

Level 11
Just like many others here: 1. Chrome 2. Firefox

I use Chrome primarily since it is very user friendly when it comes to fast browsing and searching the internet. Also the built-in addons are great so I won't have to download anything in particular. The downside is that it takes a lot of RAM, also there is a slight chance that it wont work with special applications (the 3D Model Viewer for example).

Firefox is my second choice, it performs very well but you simply miss the functions in Chrome to much.

Level 14
^and others dont? -.-'

By the way I changed to Fireforx a day ago, because chrome became real unstable and it often didnt load the pages. So i changed to fireforks and installed the Adblocker you suggested, and now I enjoy the Advertfree browsing. Its real cool you should try.

Status
Not open for further replies.