• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle for Honor

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The version log since 1.9:
Something is removed since the game has lived so long.. But:
------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.9 - KAW
Made by eleljrk

- Fixed the terrain, new looking everywhere!
- Changed health so its harder and more stable.
- Did some balance.

Version 2.0 - KAW
Made by eleljrk

- Alot of balancing.
- Added 4 heroes.
- Fixed upgrade and abilities for new hp amount.
- Added a command.
- Fixed alot of small bugs.

Version 2.0b - KAW
Made by eleljrk

- Fixed some abilities.
- Balancing.
- Fixed some text.

Version 2.1 - WC
Made by eleljrk

- Balancing.
- Made buildings and units for each team.
- Changed game name from Kingdoms at War (KAW) to: Wizards Chess (WC)
- Fixed some buggs and made leveling easier and heroes weaker.
- Fixed bugg about path blocking.

Special thanks to: Whiplash
Im not sure i would have made this version without his post on the forums!

Version 2.1 - WC
Made by eleljrk

- Added fountain of healing (removed healing from Spawn Grounds)

Version 2.2 - WC
Made by eleljrk

- Added command -am (Arrow Movement)
- Added command -zoom xxxx (Advance zoom system)
- Added command -cc (Current Camera)
- Fixed and balanced abilities.. And added new!
- Fixed some lagg issues.. Every trigger is fixed! (One day work!)
- Multiboard is much better! (Check out yourself!)
- Website got new Layout and CoD4 is removed.
- Made Tavern instead of units to chose heroes from!
- Fixed some name issues when leave / kick / not play.
- Made some changes on all Variables.
- Updated rescurection system!
- Huge balancing on heroes. They are now able to kill! ^^
- New max level of heroes: 30
- Fixed some small things on units and buildings.
- Old items removed and new created.
- Recipes added!
- Huge changes on game play and tactics..!

Version 2.3 - BFH
by: eleljrk

- Changed name from Wizzards Chess (WC) to Battle for Honor (BFH)
- Added 19 new heroes, and MANY spells.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Removed website, to small activity.
- Removed alot of leaks / lagg!
- Added a AI (Beta Version) - SinglePlayer only!
__* Can Flee (Heal)
__* Can Attack Enemies
__* Can be turned on / off!
- New VoteKick system! (Made by eleljrk)
- New terrain!
- Creeps added to the new terrain.
- Creep Respawn system! (Made by eleljrk)
- Changed game modes from Dialog to chat commands.
- Working for 1.24, not older.

Hope you enjoy this map!

The Game:
Two teams fight each other. The Dark Force ageinst the Light Force, and the last battle is coming up. The blood, people and honor of each team has the destiny of this battle. If they get defeted, the life of their people will be destroyed, forever.

You are a Hero / Warlord / Commander from one of the two forces. And your tactics and attacks will change the battle, and the History. If you fail you dont have any chance for victory.

Some GAME Information:
Category: Hero Defence
Forces / Teams: 5 vs 5
Players playing: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11 (10 and 12 are computers)
Creeps: Yes
Multiboard: Yes
Arrow Movement: Yes
Terraining: 4/5 (Own rating, i think it can be better)

Want to know more? Ask in Comment!

History:
After years of battles, the two forces has entered the fields of the last battle, the last stand. Just a few troops for each force is left. And they send them in small groups to attack the enemy.

The battles have been on for over thousands of years. Killing humans and destroying buildings. The war ended for one houndred years ago, but so many people had died that the gods of death had taken their souls and returned their skeltons back to earth. The new battle begun, and this is the year number fifthy of the battle. With so few humans left, the skeltons have captured a bigger place of the world.

The humans dont have Death as a chose, they want to win. Whatever that hapens. And now they send all forces for attack. By making spawn grounds there will come more people and troops to the world, and by that the battle can be won.

Unique:
- Arrow Movement for all troops (Can be turned on / off)
- Terrain
- The History
- The Heroes and Spells
- The Missions / Quests

There will be more, im working on new things every game!

Im the project leader, and ive created everything so far. (Without the systems ive got from the Hives)
I will also thanks Aspard for creating so much! (Learning me Leaks and stuff!)

Thanks To:
Recipe System: Fredbrik(Diablo-dk)
Hero Assist / Loot System: vile

Models created by: General Frank, DevineArmy, Red XIII, Zack1996, Dionesiist, Xezko, DonDustin, Misha

Orginal by: eleljrk

This Version:
By: eleljrk and Aspard
Terrain by: eleljrk
Objects by: eleljrk
Leak fixed by: Aspard and eleljrk
Anything else by: eleljrk

Required: Nothing
Have fun and good luck! :D
I hope you will enjoy my game.

THIS MAP IS PROTECTED

Keywords:
AoS, DotA, Hero, Defence, Creep, Kill, Best, Good, Awesome, Honor, Battle, for, of
Contents

Battle for Honor (Map)

Reviews
09:45, 7th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 13
Ya this seem like it was going 2 be fun chess but no this is a disappointment men =[.

Level 9
Its just a name.. Wizard Chess means like magical chess, in a magical world. There you are the chess player and the hero is your king.

Its not ment as "a chess game"..

MultiGod said:
can a computer be the second player?
Yes, it can!

L2love said:
Ya this seem like it was going 2 be fun chess but no this is a disappointment men =[.
If you test, you wont :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 28
Actually, Wizard Chess is the chess played in Harry Potter, where the pieces are alive...
That was my first thought, at least... but a name is a name, I can't really give you less/more points because of it.

Unfortunately, I cannot test the map since it's been made in v1.24 and I'm still stuck with 1.00 on this PC (edit: I am IP-banned, just checked that... though I have 3 real Warcraft CD's (both RoC and TFT) and no other PC in this house uses the same CD key as me...).
I might test the map when my ban is over... I hope that'll be soon.

I would love a chess-game with an AI (if anyone ever manages creating that damn hard AI), I don't really like AoS either (since DotA fucked it up), but okay...
Good luck, though.

Last edited:
Level 9
Actually, Wizard Chess is the chess played in Harry Potter, where the pieces are alive...

To be honest, i did not know that.
Ive seen 4 of 5 Harry Potter movies.. I guess its in Half-Blood Prince since i never seen that movie..

My description says its like DotA and Battle Thanks, and i Categoried it AoS.. So everybody should remember that! :wink:

But.. Dont rate the game, in mind of DotA and BT, this is my version 2.2 and its very new. Cant even be in same comparison as older DotA versions.

But, there will be more of this game! :mwahaha:

Last edited:
Level 28
To be honest, i did not know that.
Ive seen 4 of 5 Harry Potter movies.. I guess its in Half-Blood Prince since i never seen that movie..
It's in the first book/movie xD (to get the philosopher's stone, harry & co. had to play a game of Wizard Chess, they're also playing it randomly a few times).
Oh, well... nothing to worry about, it just made me think about it, that's all...

But.. Dont rate the game, in mind of DotA and BT, this is my version 2.2 and its very new. Cant even be in same comparison as older DotA versions.
In fact, the older DotA versions are better in my opinion (before icefrog).
I rate the map for the map itself: what features it has, the coding (if unprotected), the balancing, I let other people do the comparison and decide what they like best...

I´ve just checked the site and it might be possible that I´m banned for several weeks :/ Blizzard can´t see how long I´m banned theirselves...

Level 9
Thanks for the replies.. Im thinking about changing name, but i like the current name, and the pictures are epic.. ^^

So far, ive added 19 heroes to the new version, 2.3.
So dont there will be more! ;)

In the new version it also will be easier to test since ive made so red can be alone in-game.. :wink:

Why does nobody rate the game? :eekani:

DPL

DPL

Level 5
I played 3 games. First one i picked the hero "The Master" (Paladin model) and he was paused. I checked quests and there is nothing about that. Then I used "Restard" and I choosed another hero "Mysterious Man" and he was paused too. I though its because I added a computer player for player 6. Ok ok I done rmk and i was not even able to pick a hero.

• Map not working properly for 1.24b
• Quests doesn't give enough info
• The map is a copy one of "Battle Tanks"

AA yea and about the name. Wizard's chess? Wtf I expected chess not battle tanks type of map. Bah! Rejected

Level 9
DPL

I know the answer for all the Points and Questions.. :)

First, you need a Computer (or another player) to chose hero, else the game actually ends.. But it does not since it comes a Dialog, so i will remove dialog soon.

The other is, that the other person have to chose a hero before your hero unpause. Its works with as many people you want to have ingame.

- Map not working properly for 1.24b
Why is that? Ive tested it well and long, and it works perfect!

- Quest does not give enought info
I know, but give me time, first i need to create the game before i can do miscellineas like that.

- The map is a copy one of "Battle Tanks"
Thats wrong, its not a copy at all... Ive created the Terrain and Triggers, and all other things from the begining. But yes, i know it looks like it, and ive "stolen" some of their ideas in the game.. But its not a "copy" at all.. Everything is created and made by myself.

And about the thing with chess, im gonna change name of the game since everybody is like: "Wtf, i thought it was Chess".. But the idea behind the name is that it sounds cool, and a bit funny. And the game is strategy, just like Chess.. You move around your brick on the map and tryes to kill / remove other bricks... If you understand.. ^^

Now ive answered long and well for you.. Hope you got more understanding about the game now.. :)

Version 2.3 will do so you dont need any Computer, and in that way you can play alone! :) Enjoy ;)

Level 9
Next version facts:
- Added 19 heroes (Still working with abilities..)
- New name: Battle for Honor - BFH
- Dumb AI System, Beta version
- New Game-Mode system, you have to write what you want.. (Custom Gold, Custom Lumber and more)
- Even more, but now i have to go!

UPDATE:

Version 2.3 - BFH
by: eleljrk

- Changed name from Wizzards Chess (WC) to Battle for Honor (BFH)
- Added 19 new heroes, and MANY spells.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Removed website, to small activity.
- Removed alot of leaks / lagg!
- Added a AI (Beta Version) - SinglePlayer only!
__* Can Flee (Heal)
__* Can Attack Enemies
__* Can be turned on / off!
- New VoteKick system! (Made by eleljrk)
- New terrain!
- Creeps added to the new terrain.
- Creep Respawn system! (Made by eleljrk)
- Changed game modes from Dialog to chat commands.
- Working for 1.24, not older.

Hope you enjoy this map!

Last edited:
Level 11
As I already told you, you lack custom triggered abilities and ultimates :p
Also you should really give heroes a possibility to attack air units (cause even towers cant, only archers) and the last one point I'd like to mention is about damage number over attacked units. Normally these damage numbers are not shown, but as I understood, they should be shown over the units, which were attacked by the player-hero. The problem is that after this attack the damage even of creeps is shown over them ;(

Level 9
When you attack a creep / unit / hero with a HERO, it shows over the attacking creep / unit / hero. Its not working with a normal unit.

Anyway, i know about the Ultimates.. (Of course i do.. -.-)
I just need some ideas, anyway i got a person to help me with next version of the game. And he is a Spell / Hero maker! ;D
The only things gonna come for next version is Abilities and Items. :)

Hope most of you guys like this game. Ive used alot of time on it.

Level 11
When you attack a creep / unit / hero with a HERO, it shows over the attacking creep / unit / hero. Its not working with a normal unit.

This is what I'm talking about. After the hero attacks the target for the first time - the damage starts to be shown for EACH attack made against this target.

As always, if you need help with spell / heros / code you can write me.