• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bad Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
i don't think that Blizzard will be thinking about SC3 for a very long time.
instead Blizzard will start a new game (not another version of SC WC or diablo)

There might not even be a Sc3, we will have to see if there is room for more story after we finish all three campaigns. Anyway after Sc2 they will start Wc4, if they don't... lol a lot of angry fans. I think the wc3 fans have had there turn of the waiting game, like the Sc fans.

Yeah too bad I'll play all 3 campaigns at once :p.

So you're going to wait 3 years for all three games? Doubt it. If you do, you're one patient man. (or in the extreme rare case, woman)

Level 17
Don't they had enough money now? Like 20 euro for each month wow, an averig of million players? For a coupel of years? = Alot of money.

It's rly bad to se them screw up their games, and I know it's nice outside happy tauren, that's why I'm giving up on gaming. :p viva la sunlight!
wow is not even close to 20 euro a month. more like 9-10

Level 10
And you have to realise the logistics involved with making a game. Back in the days of WC3, a game used atmost 1 GB which meant only 1 GB of data had to be created. Modern games have a massive 8 GB of data or more. This does not linearly scale up 8 times the ammount of production cost. To try and program it in a reasonable time more emploies are needed which results in more wages. On top of that more computers are needed which result in more expendature for equipement. Also it means that more data has to be properly tested which wastes more time (think of all the model changes made in SC2 already). On top of this the building where they work needs to be payed for. Finally there are the share holders who also want to see a lot of money.

And to think the price of a game has not risin proportionally to the ammount of effort it needs.

Lets say you payed 20£ odd for the full WC3 + TFT. For SC2 (no expansions) you should easilly have to pay 80£-160£ if you were paying a fixed rate per unit data of a game. The complete set of SC2 will probably be 80£ atmost on release which will mean they will make greatly reduced revenu for the ammount of effort they put in. Thus they might realise that they will not break even through game sales alone thus they are planning on having some pay features for online.

Honestly I do not care a shit as long as it does not give me a disadvantage over people who pay ingame. I am willing to put up with slower EXP gain or less MF or even the lack of a special graphical aura than people who pay but I will not put up with reduced damage or locked abilities or pay to use items / classes. Battlenet will probably remain free, just new features might be pay to use (like infinate firends list or the ability to create unlimate characters on your account or even not being kicked from games due to anti cheat methods).

That was very long lol but i have to say if blizzard does what i think there going to do i will be pissed -.-:angry:

Level 24
Why speak of old games?

And regarding new ones,I'm happy to pay for my games!

I'm the only kid on the block with original W3 + TFT, and I'm happy about it,but the problem is that original Warcraft is very rare around these parts.

Honestly I do not care a shit as long as it does not give me a disadvantage over people who pay ingame. I am willing to put up with slower EXP gain or less MF or even the lack of a special graphical aura than people who pay but I will not put up with reduced damage or locked abilities or pay to use items / classes. Battlenet will probably remain free, just new features might be pay to use (like infinate firends list or the ability to create unlimate characters on your account or even not being kicked from games due to anti cheat methods).

That's really an ironisation to Diablo 2,but nonetheless true,payment should not affect gameplay!

Level 10
diablo 3 isn't going to suck : D
but still blizzard i hope doesn't screw up its lore.
Also so what if we have to pay just play single player lol
or go and play DIABLO 2

Level 21
"It's never enough".

Blizzard is really a rich entertainment.
I understand that they don't give their games for free, but still...
To pay to get the game is one thing... But to pay to enjoy the game is something else. Really gross, I think.

People should play on Garena.

Level 24
Let's be honest,Diablo was the first game where you weren't just a bot that had to complete a serie of quests and complete the game!

Diablo 2 for example in my opinnion has the best item system in the whole wide world of gaming!

Edit:

Concerning budget problems,man they get like millions per day,and they couldn't have such a large staff!

I'm telling you,monster salaries!

Level 10
Calculating all expenses, blizzard don't profit "Monster salaries" they have projects what cost alot, 100 or even more workers each of them cost some 400-1000$ a month. Calculate all expenses and you will see that they haven't uber rich profit. +Global economical problems.

Level 15
Calculating all expenses, blizzard don't profit "Monster salaries" they have projects what cost alot, 100 or even more workers each of them cost some 400-1000$ a month. Calculate all expenses and you will see that they haven't uber rich profit. +Global economical problems.

Despite all of that stuff, Blizzard is still making a shitton of money.

Last edited:
Level 3
Gotta love forums... Throw a bone and people will act like starving zerglings.

But somehow funny, that more the game/company achieves, the more popular it is, and no matter how good games they publish, people will whine like no tomorrow, but still play those games, and still whine, for no reason!

Anyway, Blizzard continues to provide high-quality gaming experiences, and are not giving up their "We'll release it when it's done." motto. Which is still pretty unique in gaming world, especially considering how large costumer and fan base Blizzard's games have.

As long as they dont force people to pay for neccessary systems like playing SC2 and Diablo3 online, and Bnet 2.0 will indeed be as super as they're making us believe(meaning that it makes lack of LAN ok), and will continue with their high quality stuff, I'm completly okay with that. I love Blizzard for that.

Level 11
Diablo isnt ORPG right, its RPG, and I like that.
I dont like Diablo III very much. I think that Diablo II is better and will be. This is just too colorful... and like a carton... Tho SC2 is looking better than previous SC. And lots of devs from Diablo and Diablo II arent there anymore.

And what is this thread about ? I mean all of this look like out of topic ?

Level 6
True, but I still find it funny that SC2 is darker than Diablo3. I absolutely have no complaints about SC2, but the problem with Diablo3 is that the colors are a bit to bright and you can definitely see the WoW inspiration. It's not how Diablo is suppose to be. Than again, maybe they will make it darker when it gets closer to release. I'll still play the game either way, but come on; It wouldn't hurt to make it a bit darker.

Level 5
Sigh.

"And the light shone down from the heavens and a great voice did proclaim: "Thou shalt be another Diablo and another Starcraft! And thou shalt have to expend monies gathered from across the lands to comense playing!" And the people weeped for the colours were to bright and it was all so different from what they were used to. There was great upheavel.
But then, suddenly, the great gifts promised were realesed and all was happy and joyous.
And the all seeing voice smiled because one way or another, he knew that in the end, all would bend over and take it and hand the measly scraps of paper over."

:/. Have you forgotten? These peole made a game 6 years ago that people still play and love today, and 4 other games before that that are stilled widely played and loved.
AND THEN they made the biggest game ever. NOT THE BESTY but the biggest.

When this all goes down we will all bend over and take because:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_AC2cirrA

Thats why.

Level 8
I have a simple solution to this: If you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT!

They do not owe you ANYTHING. You are fans of something THEY created. Where does it enter into the situation that THEY owe YOU. YOU have already paid them, it's called CASH, it's what we live off of, and believe it or not, SO DO THEY.

They made a highly successful game called World of Warcraft, they are allowed to charge WHATEVER they want to for it. What they WANT is not a low price because that would get them less profit, but what they want also isn't a high price because less people would buy.

They set the price for their products and they distribute the product in as many different variations as they want. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

The biggest load of bullshit I think I've ever heard someone say (a friend of mine regarding Dead Space) "Yea it looks awesome but I don't want to pay $50 for it, so I'll probably just torrent it"... WHAT? I didn't say anything at the time but WHAT? You don't get a product that you don't pay for! It's not a matter of whether or not the price is reasonable. THEY set the price, YOU decide if you accept their price. If you do, fine, but if you don't, YOU DO NOT own the game and therefore DO NOT DESERVE TO PLAY IT.

The lack of integrity among people nowadays is astonishing.

Well that's my rant. Hope you enjoyed!

Level 24
I'm surprised to see this thread active!

In the latest market study,briefly Blizzard controls 63% of the worldwide gaming domain.

It might be wrong,but they earn a lot,WoW reached almost 12 mil. monthly subscribers!

And Starcraft 1 passed 11 mil. sellings.

Simply milking more money from people is just greedy.

Level 6
If this rumour is true, i know for sure that i won't buy this game. I played D2 single player for a long time, and the B.NET was pretty bullshit in my opinion.

I'm not even that stoked about D3, especially not about SC2.

Welcome to the world of capitalism and the future of gaming.

Gosh i still miss those golden times when gaming was to have fun, now it's just a world-wide competition.
Fuck it.

Level 3
Btw, SC2's campaign consists of nearly 30 ( as I recall ) missions, so it's kind of a full game you know? And paid services in Bnet would be about maps and things not essencially important. I'd be really pissed off though if they mess up with Diablo 3. I've always hated online games that give a boost to paying members. As long as it's only cosmetic, there's no problem.

Level 27
Now most of the sane people here realized that Blizzard just became worse then EA games.
Mainly because of the 2 expansion idea for SC2 like come on...

But that's not even half of the bad news.
Rumour says that Blizzard is not going to make Lan options for D3 and you need to pay to go on the new Bnet.
My friend saw this at 4chan, it got deleted however so there is no real proof thus saying its a rumour.

I hope they wont do it but it all seems in fain... Wc3 will be the last good game Blizzard has ever made.

Well EZ started to behave a little better, so it does make sence that Bllizard started to behave worse. (Its the balance of game developing!)

Actually you don't have to pay for B.net, its just that they connected WoW and SC2 and other game accounts, but you still have to play only for WoW... oh, and they really gonna get rid of Lan games, but hey, they won't add any protection on single player!

Status
Not open for further replies.