• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bad Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Blizzard said that activision is forcing battlenet to have some pay to play feature for both SC2 and D3, however they have stated that people will still be able to play for free.

In SC2 it will most likly be some PvP melee match thing with chatroom decoration.

D3 will probably be larger character limate or better connection for payers.

Currently they have not said which features will be pay to use but if they are anything content related blizzard will have major sucerity problems with their worker/managers lives.

As long as I can play my SC2 custom games for free and use everything everyone else can, then I will be happy with the product. With D3 if I can create 8 odd characters and play with everyone else with the same restrictions on level/gear then I do not care, even if payers get an aura or gain levels 10% faster.

They really never should have merged with activision

Level 3
You mean you buy the game, and then you pay something like monthly fees when you want to play over the battle.net? (sry i don't feel like reading through this whole thread)

Exactly.

Having to pay for playing the game really wouldn't be nice, not sure if I would even buy the game then.:thumbs_down: I'd rather pay some extra money when I buy it and then play it for free.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You should perhapse read post dates of the last post before posting, but who am I to tell you that anymore lol.

It will definatly be free, like SC2 is free after purchase. However I would not be suprized if they made 2-3 expansions for it (every 1-2 years) to help cover server costs. Personally I would have nothing against that as its additional content (and usually quite a bit of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.