1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Azothan Plays the Human Campaign Co-op

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, May 3, 2014.

1. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Believe me when I say that there's a very good reason for that. There's like zero room for creativity in modding someone else's work. This is especially true because everyone wants Blizzard's work only slightly modified. Even if the map turns out great and everyone loves it, you know all too well that is none of your achivement, but Blizzard's.

Other than that, there's a huge amount of background work that makes a single player map into a two player map, making it a massive time sink even though you really did nothing yet to improve the experience.

So it is in conflict with the very reason we like to make maps, that is, to make something new and original.

In the end, it makes it very hard for example for me to make progress.

2. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm up for working on a project, but not to much.
    I could help out with ideas, on how the 2P player missions could work, how long the missions could take with more help with a second player and so forth.

McQvaBlood how did TheSpoon get in making the 2P missions for them?
    I was hoping to see the finished project of the Orc Campaign, because I love the Horde and it was awesome playing it.

3. Azothan

Azothan

Resources:
    Resources:
    It sure does seem like a lot of work and coordination to decide the size, composition, frequency and strength of waves along with splitting power evenly between players and making sure triggers work for money, tech and exchanges.

4. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It's not that Azothan. When you continue someone elses work it's not the same feeling when you do your own work. This can be one of the main factors why none would even think of continuing it.

5. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I still haven't given up on continuing the Frozen Throne maps. It's just that while in university, it's not a monotonous, repetitive work you really want to do in your free time. (Since that is pretty much what you do all day in university too.)
    I hope to get back into it during the summer and release a few more maps for this project.

@ Warlord Ajer'laroir: I don't really understand what you're interested in. Can you phrase that differently?

6. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    so what?

Just kidding..
    the title sounds pretty weird for me. :> maybe "Azothan releases new videos!" is better

7. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    That campaign is not that good as everybody says, you should try Pyraeus' 2p campaign maps.

8. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, to be honest his maps are good but are too different from the originals for my taste; The-Spoon's maps had very little changes when it comes to the bases and mechanics. Also I cannot seem to find his website; I'm pretty sure he talked about his website in the thread about the maps but I cannot seem to find neither it nor other maps, if any at all.

9. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
  10. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What I meant is the other maps;I'm sure he started the blood elf campaign some time ago but in the end the only map on the Hive is the first chapter and even if he made them all I'll still prefer The-Spoon's version (no offence its just a personal prefference) for the same reason I stated above - It's just too different from the original for someone like me who has basicly grown up with the campaign.
    -----------------------------------------
    He already started Iceborn

11. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Indeed everybody has different tastes. He did? Awesome.

12. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tend to like thespoon's work over the other as well,
    We played the exodus campaign and they added a lot of new twists on it and some maps were just deem bad placement. the last mission for example was a poor placement for the exodus 5. He also added almost a complete new race (trolls) for the mission, which is cool, if your into that, but i just want to play the original (as little changes as possible)
    As I continue to learn about map making, I would be willing to also form a group of players to Finnish this project.