• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azothan Plays the Human Campaign Co-op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
attachment.php

WtiiWarcraft and Azothan have teamed up to take down the demanding and amazing Co-Op Reign Of Chaos Campaign, made by TheSpoon. This is hosted on both channels and played on the Insane difficulty.

Azothan said:
I approached WtiiWarcraft about doing a collaborative effort in the hopes of bringing the WC3 youtube and custom map communities closer. He responded enthusiastically and I've enjoyed my time recording with him immensely.

Below you can watch the first four videos in the series, but you can click the link below for the rest.

Wtii's Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/wtiiwarcraft

Azothan's Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAzothan

Attachments

• azothan-human-campaign.jpg
    azothan-human-campaign.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 110,396
Level 23
Haha. These are great. I loved this campaign. Can't wait til you get to the "Blackrock and Roll Two!" level (I think it is where kel'thuzad and arthas face the different orc teams). It'll be a hell of a challenge if you try to do it on insane.

Hi purge, i am not sure if you played the more recent level of that. The newer version was made so it was actually beatable. The original one that my friend and i tried to beat was actually impossible no matter how good we were. We even abused some triggers such as sending a unit into the first orc party that sits on the hill waiting to attack to stop it form hitting, and other ridiculous abuses, but it was actually IMPOSSIBLE.

The newer one is far easier, they should have 0 problem.

Hi purge, i am not sure if you played the more recent level of that. The newer version was made so it was actually beatable. The original one that my friend and i tried to beat was actually impossible no matter how good we were. We even abused some triggers such as sending a unit into the first orc party that sits on the hill waiting to attack to stop it form hitting, and other ridiculous abuses, but it was actually IMPOSSIBLE.

The newer one is far easier, they should have 0 problem.

I think I played it post-nerf, but I still struggled a bit. Took my friend and I a few tries before we finally got through it.

Although we aren't pros in any form of the word. :D I liked the challenge though, it made the ending very satisfying. It became a tad easier after taking out one base, but the dragons were literally the biggest douchebags in the universe. They just ate your acolytes and messed up your mining. Only solution was to amass gargoyles, but it put such a damper on resources.

But once you get the blue base, you get a bit more income and that helps a great deal. After you kill a second base, it is still a little difficult because you'll end up having to defend on two fronts. After the third base, things are pretty much set in stone and its gg.

Level 8
So far we are finding that a safe and defensive build up and then a mass army steam roll are the best options. Slow going and the challenge is absolutely awesome

Level 23
So far we are finding that a safe and defensive build up and then a mass army steam roll are the best options. Slow going and the challenge is absolutely awesome

Yes, that approach is fine for the current version. But for the people who played the older versions (only a few did before he nerfed them) the issue was holding the base in the first place was impossible. I mean, even with the gayest tactics like taking the other persons gold mine so the other person could max units without penalty could not win us the game, especially on black rock and roll II.

In the updated versions, there are no undead levels that offer significant challenge. The last level of the undead campaign is actually easier on insane than it is playing as 1 player, because the difficulty with that level was microing the different sides, and not being able to use all the items on arthas because he didn't have enough space, but with falric it is a breeze. Currently i think the final human level is the hardest of all the maps (not the custom one, the one with Malganis)

Level 8
There's a hope that our playthrough will inspire someone to finish the work and we'll be able to bring everyone the completed collection.

Level 18
Believe me when I say that there's a very good reason for that. There's like zero room for creativity in modding someone else's work. This is especially true because everyone wants Blizzard's work only slightly modified. Even if the map turns out great and everyone loves it, you know all too well that is none of your achivement, but Blizzard's.

Other than that, there's a huge amount of background work that makes a single player map into a two player map, making it a massive time sink even though you really did nothing yet to improve the experience.

So it is in conflict with the very reason we like to make maps, that is, to make something new and original.

In the end, it makes it very hard for example for me to make progress.

Level 21
I'm up for working on a project, but not to much.
I could help out with ideas, on how the 2P player missions could work, how long the missions could take with more help with a second player and so forth.

McQvaBlood how did TheSpoon get in making the 2P missions for them?
I was hoping to see the finished project of the Orc Campaign, because I love the Horde and it was awesome playing it.

Level 8
It sure does seem like a lot of work and coordination to decide the size, composition, frequency and strength of waves along with splitting power evenly between players and making sure triggers work for money, tech and exchanges.

Level 18
I still haven't given up on continuing the Frozen Throne maps. It's just that while in university, it's not a monotonous, repetitive work you really want to do in your free time. (Since that is pretty much what you do all day in university too.)
I hope to get back into it during the summer and release a few more maps for this project.

@ Warlord Ajer'laroir: I don't really understand what you're interested in. Can you phrase that differently?

Level 19
That campaign is not that good as everybody says, you should try Pyraeus' 2p campaign maps.

Well, to be honest his maps are good but are too different from the originals for my taste; The-Spoon's maps had very little changes when it comes to the bases and mechanics. Also I cannot seem to find his website; I'm pretty sure he talked about his website in the thread about the maps but I cannot seem to find neither it nor other maps, if any at all.

Level 19
What I meant is the other maps;I'm sure he started the blood elf campaign some time ago but in the end the only map on the Hive is the first chapter and even if he made them all I'll still prefer The-Spoon's version (no offence its just a personal prefference) for the same reason I stated above - It's just too different from the original for someone like me who has basicly grown up with the campaign.
-----------------------------------------
He already started Iceborn

Level 16
I tend to like thespoon's work over the other as well,
We played the exodus campaign and they added a lot of new twists on it and some maps were just deem bad placement. the last mission for example was a poor placement for the exodus 5. He also added almost a complete new race (trolls) for the mission, which is cool, if your into that, but i just want to play the original (as little changes as possible)
As I continue to learn about map making, I would be willing to also form a group of players to Finnish this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.