• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Netcasts, with Azothan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
mapscasting.jpg

The Hive administration team together with community member, Azothan, has introduced a new feature here at Hive.
Azothan, is a commentator & map reviewer, known for his netcasts of Warcraft 3 on his YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAzothan.
To make a long story short, he has agreed to cast maps found here at Hive. We are very excited about this, as this will put some spotlight on some of the awesome maps our users have made through the years.
This includes but is not limited to hosted projects upon completion and various map contests in the past and in the future.

As we speak, Azothan is currently casting a playthrough of Rise Of The Blood Elves by Tomoraider. Check it out here:

You can also try it out for yourself, by clicking the link below:

Last edited:
Reactions: ILH

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Ooh, nice to see this on the front page. Azothan's videos are awesome! Btw, you linked the old version of my campaign, Azothan's playing through the new one, the Enchanted Edition.

Sorry about that, could you provide me with a link to the updated version. Please :)

[...] is there a chance that he may play through some multiplayer affairs as well?
That is the plan, yes.

Level 8
I will be taking requests from everyone. Player, mod, map maker, old grizzled veterans, you name it! Darwin, could you elaborate on the "quality" issue? Due to computer and internet restrictions I used OBS and the latest episodes may have suffered in terms of graphics. Streaming actual episode Dee s has been put on hold and all future projects relating to hiveworkshop should return to proper 1080p levels.

Suggestions and feedback are both welcome and sought after.

Level 8
Will he only be playing through single player campaigns or is there a chance that he may play through some multiplayer affairs as well?

I have historically focused on multiplayer maps, but if you mean co-op endeavours, then those are lacking. I expect to begin my first steps into co-op with a collaborative effort between wtii-warcraft and myself.

Thank you to everyone here expressing enjoyment of my videos. I hesitate to spam this section by thanking everyone, so if you leave a comment or message me and I will be sure to respond.

Level 34
Awesome news, although it seems a bit late into WC3's life. Cool stuff nonetheless.

Are you/would you host mtuiplayer game sessions while recording? Or do you simply use Pub games?

Small note: This is post 8004, I missed 8000, damnit.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Huh. This is kind of a cool bridging between the mass 'social media' worlds and video culture of Youtube, with the modding culture of Warcraft 3 & the Hive.

I approve. ;P

Interesting. Maybe someday my maps will be finished enough to test in such a way. I'd enjoy that. : )

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I have historically focused on multiplayer maps, but if you mean co-op endeavours, then those are lacking. I expect to begin my first steps into co-op with a collaborative effort between wtii-warcraft and myself.

Thank you to everyone here expressing enjoyment of my videos. I hesitate to spam this section by thanking everyone, so if you leave a comment or message me and I will be sure to respond.

please, make a cast for Flappy Bird :D lol I'm just kidding :grin:

You are truly humorous, I like this video :D

Suggestion: use whosyourdaddy :grin:

Level 19
I will be taking requests from everyone. Player, mod, map maker, old grizzled veterans, you name it! Darwin, could you elaborate on the "quality" issue? Due to computer and internet restrictions I used OBS and the latest episodes may have suffered in terms of graphics. Streaming actual episode Dee s has been put on hold and all future projects relating to hiveworkshop should return to proper 1080p levels.

Suggestions and feedback are both welcome and sought after.

Uzothan, I just like to watch things in full screen and that is were higher quality comes in.
But as you mentioned above, we'll see it later on. That's just fine!

Level 8
please, make a cast for Flappy Bird :D lol I'm just kidding :grin:

You are truly humorous, I like this video :D

Suggestion: use whosyourdaddy :grin:

Wouldn't that ruint he point of playing? I'm supposed to get my ass kicked. Though, to be honest, after the Bitter End campaign, nothing has seemed as scary.

Level 30
Lovely walkthroughs or playthroughs you are uploading to youtube. You are indeed making the Warcraft 3 game itself much more alive with those and we could say promoting Hive as well.

Good move, Azothan and Hell_Master approves. Now, got to watch your videos then. Good day to you.

Level 8
Awww thank you everyone. There is a massive back-catalogue of custom campaigns available in the playlists section. I hope you enjoy those older works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.